• United States
    • Argentina
    • Brazil
    • Chile
    • Uruguay
    • Portugal
    • England

YURI hopefully God will hear.

Argentina wishes once again to face the English.

No way! Wait till the next world cup!!! Germany deserves to kick ass in this World Cup...

We should update the list of countries in the Poll

No, this way you might notice how expectatives early in the championship differ from the final outcome

67 minutes into the second half and go 00

I think Brazil would have to beat Portugal.

But I see that both are pretty evenly matched and have equal opportunities

Fabio Capello was asked if against Germany he would be using the classic 4-4-2 formation... his reply after much thinking was he was going to go for the 1st class 7-4-7 formation as it has more leg room...

Sorry I know its bad but its Friday...

I predict a Brazil-Spain final :lol:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

US beats Algeria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh thank you. We have had riots from the Algerian community in Paris that night, about 20 cars burnt. Some people can't admit they have lost. Really, thank you again.

Hard luck Yanks, I thought you guys played with great spirit in this World Cup, and the Team have done America proud.

But well done Ghana....party time in Africa tonight!!

We gave it our all. Maybe next time. Congrats to Ghana.

Just saw the US v Ghana game - a very tough, tense and even match that could have gone either way!

tomorrow Argentina played against Mexico for the move to the quarterfinals.

37347_139528696061765_100000139072087_411851_2023975_n.jpg

Hard luck Yanks, I thought you guys played with great spirit in this World Cup, and the Team have done America proud.

But well done Ghana....party time in Africa tonight!!

True. Great spirit. You should be proud of your team.

We're done for! Damn! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/10420131.stm Why just for that, I fancy grilled 'Xctopodi with lemon juice and fava, not that I don't crave it every day anyway grin.gif Ah well, whatever happens, it's sure to be a great game! drinks.gif ....Come on Engluuuund!! [cue astonished English readers falling over as they realise a true native Welsh speaking Welshman is rooting for England] lol.gif

Well England out. I'm running out of teams (US, England). Looks like I'm going for Germany now.

Yeah - I think that might have been a waste of time GwynO - shockingly bad defensive display and the heaviest defeat ever in the WC finals!!

Germany were very lucky not getting that other goal given which should have taken it to 2-2 - but no excuses for the England defence that were all over the place time and time again.

Well England out. I'm running out of teams (US, England). Looks like I'm going for Germany now.

I will go for Spain now - I expect great things of them.

Yeah - I think that might have been a waste of time GwynO - shockingly bad defensive display and the heaviest defeat ever in the WC finals!!

Germany were very lucky not getting that other goal given which should have taken it to 2-2 - but no excuses for the England defence that were all over the place time and time again.

That goal wouldnt of mattered anyway. Germany opened a soccer clinic on England.

I will go for Spain now - I expect great things of them.

Maybe you are expecting too much...I´m already thinking about which team i´m about to support if portuguese take us out

Achtung!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Linecker said it a long time ago: "Football is a game for 22 kickers and finally the germans win."

Yeah it was a great game. A game of 3 double strikes. The first one for Germany 2:0. Then the english came back and shot two goals. (The referee must have had tomatoes on his eyes! not to see that it was a goal!!!) And then finally the second german double which broke der english spirit.

I think it was the best game of the championship so far.

As Linecker said it a long time ago: "Football is a game for 22 kickers and finally the germans win."

Yeah it was a great game.

I think it was the best game of the championship so far.

Sorry but it was not a good game even. Any game which has such an inept team cannot be a great game. A great game is when the two teams both play well.

England were utter rubbish!. The whole tournament they have been rubbish. I don't think they are fit, even. I don't mean fit as in carrying an injury, i mean fit as in stamina. I watched at the end particularly and several players seemed to be bigger around the hips area than a fit man of such age and size would have been.

Then we have this one-footedness. Who, apart from Rooney and Carrick can kick a ball with both feet? I'm old enough to remember Di Stefano of Real Madrid. Although he was a good centre forward

his main claim to fame was that he could only kick with his right foot! That's how rare it was in that era for top footballers to be able to use only one foot to kick the ball!.

As for tactics, England always play like they are on the training pitch- kicking the ball sideways and backwards most of the time. Possession football they say,! Possession my Arse.!

What benefit is that if after eight passes within your OWN Half you then lose it!- As I saw today.

Sack the manager - too stubborn to change tactic as necessary.

Put in a motivator - English like Harry Redknapp - and make sure they go out playing forward!!.

Football (and indeed all sports) should have performance related pay...they would play their guts out if they thought they would lose Wonga!

4 A 1

Do not cry for me England lol.giflol.gif

As Old Winston Churchill could have said: "The Battle of Britain is over. The Battle of Germany is about to begin.". Sad thing that the referees don't want to hear anything about the use of video. Perfection doesn't exist in that World, neither in that World Cup. I bet that before everything is out, more and more outraged nations will pray to see some individual referees sit by force on standing vuvuzelas.

That goal wouldnt of mattered anyway. Germany opened a soccer clinic on England.

Maybe - but you will be surprised how one goal can change the game, and the way the teams come out for the second half.

Germany looked good - but it was more a case of poor defending against basic counter attacking. Once you have to go all out attack you are exposed like that - but most teams don't just fall apart at the seams.

Their first goal was a prime example of bad defending - no one touched the ball until the last 15 yards from the goal kick!! - you might see that in Sunday pub team games - but if it happens at this level there is something very wrong.

Edited by MigBuster