Sign in to follow this  
column5

TMF Tomcats Released

Spinners, no non US Navy skins for the Tomcat...........:good:

What??? I wanted a Tomcat from the Federated States of Micronesia!!! Thanks for dashing my hopes and dreams.....

I made a quick skin update for the TARPS pod to try match it with the F-14 skin quality (my painting skills are rather limited though). Here it is for anyone who, just like me, loves RECCE missions in the new bird. :drinks:

Big thanks to TMF for the new Cat :ok::drinks:

What??? I wanted a Tomcat from the Federated States of Micronesia!!! Thanks for dashing my hopes and dreams.....

There a Federated state? :lol:

With some minor edits I put it in my Wings over Israel install. Works fine. I like the weathering on the later blue-ish skins.

Did notice the thing gives more lag then other aircraft (when on the runway near the rest of the flight). The model .lod file is big. I tried to show the second lod at closer distance, which solves the lag, but that model is missing part of the left exhaust.

Okay, for now I have a workaround by using the F-14B model for the F-14A. That one always shows symmetrical exhausts.

I dug out the earlier F-14 aircraft mod that has been around for some years, just to compare; The new F-14 model is quite a bit better.

Okay, for now I have a workaround by using the F-14B model for the F-14A. That one always shows symmetrical exhausts.

I dug out the earlier F-14 aircraft mod that has been around for some years, just to compare; The new F-14 model is quite a bit better.

That's what I did, right out the box the F-14B works fine with in pre SF2 installs.

A few ini edits and I was able to configure it the OIF way :grin:

Great job with all of those involved, been waiting years for this beauty.

The nose strut for me is always in the compressed position for catshots-can I edit somthing to allow it to extend to the normal position for landing/take-off from runways or is this feature not added yet?

I am not sure if it can be fixed without the 3D model. Which we do not have since bpao passed away.

I made a quick skin update for the TARPS pod to try match it with the F-14 skin quality (my painting skills are rather limited though). Here it is for anyone who, just like me, loves RECCE missions in the new bird. :drinks:

Thanks.In ODS I fly mostly Recon. Beautiful plane

Edited by Stick

Thanks for the TARPS skin update.

Would you remind me which folder it gores in, please?

Thanks.

Ugh, hate to be a PITA, but my MACH needle/disc and wet compass aren't showing up. I've tried reinstalling it (and reading the README, under threat of death from Dave), and still no go. Any ideas?dntknw.gif

Anybody working on skins for these babes?

Honestly I'm weathering the VF-103 for personal use, but nope, not getting back into modding for awhile. And besides, MF hasn't released any templates.

Ugh, hate to be a PITA, but my MACH needle/disc and wet compass aren't showing up. I've tried reinstalling it (and reading the README, under threat of death from Dave), and still no go. Any ideas?dntknw.gif

Got a pic?

My airspeed/mach indicator issue (mach disc is missing)

gallery_574_60_30455.jpg

pic courtesy of MATS

f14-detail-cp-19l.jpg

and my missing/submerged wet (standby) compass

gallery_574_60_33374.jpg

I know different blocks might have had it mounted in different places, so no big worries there...

quick answer:

- mach disc: not implemented yet (& didn´t make it on the flaw list)

- standy compass: can´t see anything wrong with it....it´s where it is supposed to be and works

remember the pit is WIP ....or right now more FIP (no update before winter)

Cheers,

Chris

No worries ToS, I know it's a WIPgood.gif. As far as the compass, I forgot that I'd have to 'lean over' to see it.grin.gif