Sign in to follow this  
TX3RN0BILL

Top Gun 2 in the works!

i am reminded of something i read in the book on the Tomcat where Dale Snodgrass not only called Topgun "that silly movie", but also told a teen at an airshow that "it was false cause a Tomcat pilot wouldn't sweat that much in a dogfight or talk that long to get laid!" the book segment ends with "precociious lil bugger. naval aviation wants him in about ten years."

seriously tho WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To provide TK with better sales of Tomcat?

The what... the are having a laugh as the gorgeous lady and thats the Tomcat won't be in it what is it ooo we ran out of new ideas lets rehash some old ones again... :blink:

Boooooooooooooooooo

will this one feature black painted F-16's vs the Super Bug?:blink:

or maybe they will have to pull the Tomcats out of AMARC (that didn't go to the shredder) after flankers shoot down all the UAVs:lol:

or tom cruise wants to be the star, but maybe he could do us a favor and make like steven seagal in executive decision and die in the first ten minutes!

Edited by daddyairplanes

I remember the retrospective that they have on the 25th Anniversary DVD and put on the Blu-Ray that they wanted to make a sequel shortly after the original came out. That Paramount execs, in order to reduce costs, wanted to use whatever flying footage wasn't used in the original but they were told that all the footage was used and talks of the sequel quickly died out. I hope this idea dies, I'd say it would be a volleyball movie but they already made that, Side Out with C Thomas Howell anyone???

Actually I have an idea for Top Gun 2 - just bare with me.....

One night while Maverick is set to trap on a storm tossed carrier deck he crashes and Merlin dies. He is then diagnosed with night blindness, he in turn goes to law school and becomes a JAG. He then defends two Marines who are on trial for murder and gets them acquitted with the same tenacity that made him a Top Gun in the air. Then every once in a while he'll go on the occasional black op, because you know at Top Gun and at Naval Justice School they have a Super Secret Squirrel School.

What does everyone think? If Tom Cruise doesn't want in I'll sell the idea to NBC, and then maybe CBS. I also have a couple other ideas based on the old NIS.....

Edited by Bravo2009

You want to make a remake of A Few Good Men as a Top Gun sequel???

You want to make a remake of A Few Good Men as a Top Gun sequel???

Nope, I was jokingly trying to describe what Donald Bellisario did, which is to really take 3 Tom Cruise movies and turn them into a 10 season long TV show, JAG. The three films in question would be Top Gun, Mission Impossible, and A Few Good Men.

the end of the fighter-pilot era to be replaced by either RPVs or AI-controlled aircraft

AI aircraft? We all know how that will work. :grin:

To provide TK with better sales of Tomcat?

Interesting point there. If TK made PC games during the 1950s, he would have needed to make a strategic level bomber game. I've read that the old SAC movie with Jimmy Stewart boosted Air Force recruitment, and I suppose it did way beyond Tom Cruise and that...whatever...boosted post-modern NAVY recruitment (if at all).

And they did it with bombers, and never rivaled atmosphere cloud and contrail filming that nobody can do today for some lame reason.

:good:

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

My guess is they want to do something similar story-wise to Stealth, or something... Maybe they'll throw in planes being not controlled by AI but overtaken by h4xx0r terrorists or something with the piloted fighters saving the day again... Meh, no matter what, as long as it displays only newly-shot aerial footage, I'm 100% in favor! :good:

It'll be all CGI, just like Stealth. At least they're not going to make an Iron Eagle remake. Firebirds II would be ok. Don't get to see too many helo movies.

Top Gun - Tomcat = Lame Hornet Propoganda

I could see it done with maybe the F-35, but anything else, no. The thing that set Top Gun apart from the rest was the F-14.

• Like 1

Top Gun?

Tarantino's right. Tail riding ? In the naaavvvyyy ! :grin:

Edited by Atreides

They have a chance to develop the topic with buddy tanking.

Anyone remember that old 60s film The Starfighters? I think 30% of the film consists of watching 104's practicing AAR.