Sign in to follow this  
Florian

C-160D Transall

C-160D Transall

C-160D Transall Addon for SF2 series

General:

--------

The C-160D Transall was the main tactical transport aircraft of the german air force from 1968 on.

Retirement was planned for 2010, but due to problems with the A400M the (so called) "Trall" will stay

a few years more in service. In the nineties the fleet got upgraded with a new avionic suit and some

aircraft got equiped with the AN/AAR-54(V) missile warner and counter measure pods.

Installation:

-------------

Drop all files into your mod folder the way they are setup in this pack.

If you are unsure about the way how mods are installed, check the knowledge base at CombatAce!

If you have allready custom craters installed, you MUST install the ones here manually!

Model features:

---------------

+ Multiple LODs

+ Cockpit

+ Damage model

+ Destroyed aircraft model

+ Cargo pallets (dropable)

+ Paratroopers (German "Fallschirmjaeger")

+ Animation for parked aircraft, this cannot been used manually

+ The aircraft number you are using is displayed in cockpit

Handling:

---------

+To drop the paratroopers, open the bombbay (side doors)

+To drop the cargo pallets, open the ramp with animation key "9"

+To use the windshield whipers, use animation key "8"

Credits:

--------

+Thanks to the GMG for decals and testing

+Special thanks to the team of "Gemeinsam Helfen e.V.", who built a C-160D for the MS Flight Simulator.

They helped me alot with info and pictures!

Note:

-----

Both cockpit and external model are quite high polygon models, if you face FPS drops, there would be no

other solution as to upgrade your system!

Hope you enjoy this!

Florian

I've been totally hanging out for this after I saw the screenies a while back. Fantastisches Zeug Amokfloo!

Hi,

Super top!!! :clapping:

Thank you :salute:

Coupi.

Very enjoyable from cockpit & pretty outside! Great work! :good:

a great job!I think I'll enjoy it for a looong time!The Paratroopers are a really nice surprise!Go Flo,Go!!!!!

Thank you all for the flowers! :grin:

An additional note, the external serials were made by Carlo "Soulfreak", thanks for this work my friend, i hate making hundreds of decals! :lol:

For my french neighbors, stay tuned the "Nouvelle Generation" will follow in a few weeks! :cool:

AmokFloo,

Super Aircraft. Thank you and the team for this great addition. The paras and airdropped crates are a smart edition as well.

Nicely done.

KRFRGE

Well done. I took it up for a quick hop and managed to drop my troops on an enemy airbase, while dodging MiGs. Thank you!

Guest ansons2

Hello Amokflo,

Thanks for the aircraft. I have imported the plane into SFP1. she flyes well and I have got the decals on the plane but the skin does not show up. Taking a look at the skin folders I have found .dds files but not the .bmp files we usually have for skins. Can you post the skins folders with .bmp files to have them working ?

Thanks

Best regards

ansons2

Hello Amokflo,

Thanks for the aircraft. I have imported the plane into SFP1. she flyes well and I have got the decals on the plane but the skin does not show up. Taking a look at the skin folders I have found .dds files but not the .bmp files we usually have for skins. Can you post the skins folders with .bmp files to have them working ?

Thanks

Best regards

ansons2

Skin folder with bitmaps wouldn´t help you with SF1, as the LOD files are still calling for DDS textures. You could use an HEX Editor and change the LOD file, looking for ".dds" and change that to ".bmp". Then use a program to convert the textures to BMP. I used "DXT Bitmap Manipulator", you can find it with Google or other search engines.

Guest ansons2

Skin folder with bitmaps wouldn´t help you with SF1, as the LOD files are still calling for DDS textures. You could use an HEX Editor and change the LOD file, looking for ".dds" and change that to ".bmp". Then use a program to convert the textures to BMP. I used "DXT Bitmap Manipulator", you can find it with Google or other search engines.

:sorry:

Hello Amokfloo,

Thanks for your reply, I have succeed to convert the .dds into .bmp files but once I have modified the .lod with an Hex editor (replacing the .dds into .bmp) I get a CTD when loading

the mission. Is there any chance to have a version of the .lod and skins with .bmp files to get this beauty dressed in SFP1 ?

Thanks

ansons2

I think the CTD is because the model is prepared to use bump mapping, not present in Gen.1 games.

Here is the main LOD using bitmaps as skin and no bump mapping. Replace this with the original one and leave your converted texture files in the folders.

C-160D_SF1.7z

Then change the part of the C-160D.INI to:

[LOD001]

Filename=C-160D.LOD

Distance=10000

and erase these entries:

[LOD002]

Filename=C-160D_lod2.lod

Distance=2500

[LOD003]

Filename=C-160D_lod3.lod

Distance=5000

[LOD004]

Filename=C-160D_lod4.lod

Distance=10000

[LOD005]

Filename=C-160D_lod5.lod

Distance=20000

I have not tested this in Generation 1, but it should work!

Guest ansons2

I think the CTD is because the model is prepared to use bump mapping, not present in Gen.1 games.

Here is the main LOD using bitmaps as skin and no bump mapping. Replace this with the original one and leave your converted texture files in the folders.

C-160D_SF1.7z

Then change the part of the C-160D.INI to:

[LOD001]

Filename=C-160D.LOD

Distance=10000

and erase these entries:

[LOD002]

Filename=C-160D_lod2.lod

Distance=2500

[LOD003]

Filename=C-160D_lod3.lod

Distance=5000

[LOD004]

Filename=C-160D_lod4.lod

Distance=10000

[LOD005]

Filename=C-160D_lod5.lod

Distance=20000

I have not tested this in Generation 1, but it should work!

:good: Hi Amokfloo, It works now ! thanks a lot, I appreciate dropping Paratroopers from the dressed Transall over my Germany Map !

Best regards

ansons2

Glad this "Hotfix" for SF1 Users work! :salute:

For my french neighbors, stay tuned the "Nouvelle Generation" will follow in a few weeks! :cool:

Reistalling this fantastic plane I was wondering about other users models ......

Reistalling this fantastic plane I was wondering about other users models ......

Totally forgotten... :blink: Guess i should really give them a go...

Next week i have a few days off, that should be enough! :cool:

• Like 1