Sign in to follow this  
Paladrian

Expansion pack 2 is out!

So this expansion pack supports quad and multi-core processors. Does the original SF2 series support at least dual core processors or only single-core CPUs like SF1 did?

According to TK SF2 had support for dual/multi core CPUs from the go - although only in certain areas of the coding - and these have been increased slowly to what we have now.

According to TK SF2 had support for dual/multi core CPUs from the go - although only in certain areas of the coding - and these have been increased slowly to what we have now.

Thanks. :good: Reckon it's time to upgrade my Socket 939 Athlon 64 system!

did he fix the '56 campaign yet? i am curious to know what USAFE is flying since most of the century series wasnt operational in USAFE in 56. did he make F-84F flyable? damn my lack of funding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone post pics of all new aircrafts?? And what is the the extra stuff included for those who have Exp1?

Henrik check the link on page 1 of this thread and read the bottom.

Can someone post pics of all new aircrafts?? And what is the the extra stuff included for those who have Exp1?

Henrik, here's Lightning F.1 pit, have yet to test other models

edit:

I'm currently trying various settings for .TOD objects materials settings, together with enabling/disabling relative shaders in terrain data.ini, but no luck so far :this:

Edited by Stary

Last Video of me toying with the Mission Editior.

No Commentary.

Thats about 20 Warships duking it out down there :D

Also shows off the Canberra :)

Edited by JonathanRL

the Lightning pit is awsum! (I'm starting to wonder how it could be modded for the MiG-27!) BTW, you can still use Russo's Avon sounds with it, just by editing the data ini.

Anyone else notice 4 new Objectdata cats??

and the natural metal skins for the Skytrain --WITH-- the antiglare panel!!! And, the _67 model H/J Skyraiders -- who's skin now have the chaff dispensers painted in (much better than the ones I did for the Skyraider Update Pak!)

Now, to get the trees/buildings fixed ... cause I'm in the middle of 4 terrain mods and need to know where they are, so I can put all that stuff that Dave loves to bomb! (I guess I"ll be working on it in 08 WoE til the hotfix arrives!)

I actually feel bad about being the first one to post a "bitch list"!! Really, I DO

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Thats about 20 Warships duking it out down there :D

:yikes: :yikes: never seen the ships go at it like that! thanks for your video demo's jonathan. however i think i'm waitin for the .TOD issue to be resolved. it's the nicer way of sayin i'm broke:dntknw: makes me feel like the kid at the ballpark tryin to peek thru the fence!

wow looking great.. Hopefully I can get it early next week... Can't wait to try the F-100A/C models :grin:

Definitely going to grab this after I get a bigger hard drive (hopefully for xmas)... and after some of these bugs get sorted out!!!

*edit* - so does this thing really take an additional 6GB of space?

Edited by malibu43

Toying with the editor. To create a carrier based mission:

1. Center map on the sea.

2. Select "add new ground unit". This will make a ship pop in existence.

3. Switch type to Kitty Hawk class or whatever you have modded in.

4. Find a carrier-based plane and set their home base to the group ID you created.

WOOT!

Edited by Gr.Viper

(I'm starting to wonder how it could be modded for the MiG-27!)

wrench

kevin stein

or maybe even -stretching things a little bit -for Super Etendard :smile:

with ini movements and all the tricks

And turning Hunter pits into earlier MiGs maybe..? :wink:

Edited by Stary

Guess we can get fully scripted campaigns via Single Missions in the future when people start playing around with the mission editor :cool:

No more A-4 pit conversions? That's crazy talk!

• Like 1

:rofl::lol::rofl:

I know! But everyone knows I'm crazy! :crazy:

wrench

kevin stein

Gr.Viper, awesome posts are awesome :good:

it's time to finally leave good old Skyhawk office

And so many new nations to select too...

So the Mission Editor knows where water and land is, when placing ground objects. Only letting naval units to be created on water and vice versa.

I'm guessing it does this looking from the Terrain_WATER.BMP. Think it was a mystery new file in the previous patch.

That's what I thought, until I made a water.bmp file for the Iceland terrain...still no go. I can place Carriers and such on the default terrains, but any 3rd party stuff needs some magic. :) Still a great add-on...sure TK will get it all straightened out. He always does.

*edit* - so does this thing really take an additional 6GB of space?

no, but it needs few GB of free space during installation process (unpacking and patching CAT files I guess) I can't estimate how much really the pack takes after installation but less than 2 GB I think

Gr.Viper, awesome posts are awesome :good:

it's time to finally leave good old Skyhawk office

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I love that pit in all its crazy forms...

no, but it needs few GB of free space during installation process (unpacking and patching CAT files I guess) I can't estimate how much really the pack takes after installation but less than 2 GB I think

Oh. Well in that case, maybe I'll grab it later today!

Oh. Well in that case, maybe I'll grab it later today!

You better do if you can check this out guys:

TK wrote:

And the current low price is probably only good through this weekend, as a reward to our loyal customers who's been waiting in line to buy our game on the first day

TK

--

And so many new nations to select too...

By any chance did the US Army nation make a return since it was deleted in SF2V?