Dave

What If Screenshot Thread.......

Sword Stroke....

• Like 1

Nice work Kevin. Always thought the PTO was more deserving of Luft'46 type 'what ifs' as it really did look like going into 1946 and beyond until Col. Paul Tibbetts and Enola Gay took to the air on that fateful August day...

Considering uploading these Canadian F-4K and F-4M Phantoms (once I finish all the serial and buzz numbers)

Img01789.JPG

Img01791.JPG

Img01992.JPG

Img01993.JPG

Img01982.JPG

Img01990.JPG

Img01998.JPG

Img01999.JPG

Je te plumerai!

• Like 1

Sheriff001,

Please upload when finished. They'll look great and fit in well in any theatre.

Wrench,

Those B-24 skins look great. Since I can't find them in the download section, I assume they aren't released for public consumption??

BTW, who won that battle?

F-84F.jpg

Edited by GearyMcS

actually, I was just testing the exhaust effect, which wasn't/isn't working right. It's being "looked at" by an expert.

the J8M was a real aircraft; it just didn' enter service (except for a couple dozen glider trainers). As to be expectd, issues with the Walther rocket

the PB4Y-1 skin is in the 1stGen downloads, prolly under WW2/Allied Bombers. it's by Pappychksix; however, it needs redoing to add the other ID leters/numbers. Built from Pasko's B-24J

Edited by Wrench

It doesn't help that much. The only way the game will run properly on my computer is to run it at 1024x768 at 24 bits. The aspect ratio is correct, however it doesn't display well on widescreen monitors. In the game, SF2 appears to compensate by stretching the pixels horizontally in order to fill the screen at that resolution.

It's nothing to do with definition. On my laptop and monitor your Phantoms (except for the one above) look a bit like those egg-plane caricatures.

Yeah. It does the same on mine when not in the game. I was just worried that stretching the image would cause it to lose quality. I am normally loathe to resize images for that reason.

Winner of the 2012 Royal New Zealand Airforce (Air Combat Wing) Re-activation Competition: Lockheed Martin F-16C/D Block 50/52 Plus...

gallery_59028_683_164781.jpg

gallery_59028_683_220087.jpg

Edited by dtmdragon

ya didn't go with Gripen? honestly think that would be best choice overall for a smaller air force right now. and i can see them zoomin 50 ft off the deck better than a Viper for some reason.....

Intel onboard video

Would you be able to tell me if stretching the screenshot causes a noticeable loss of quality (which was all I asked when I posted the stretched screenshot)?

Edited by Sheriff001

Is that yes, no, or don't know to the only question I have asked about that screenshot?

Incidentally, it doesn't depend on the video card or monitor. Stretching an image always has a tendency to cause loss of quality. Let's say an image is 9 pixels in size (3x3)

bgr

grb

rbg

If you make that 4x3, then the extra three pixels have to come from somewhere, and that generally means extrapolating from the original image. This need to basically make things up is what causes the loss of quality. So, I can tell you that the stretched image is of lower quality than the original. It does contain distortions. All I am asking is if anyone else can notice them. I don't mean to sound rude, but I am not particularly interested in discussing my computer's GPU, which is why I have never asked about it.

Edited by Sheriff001

An oldie from my hard drive...

How comes the baddies always have the coolest insignia? j/k ;)

post-3782-0-37017800-1347049329_thumb.jpg

post-3782-0-76035000-1347049355_thumb.jpg

Edited by PraetorH

ya didn't go with Gripen? honestly think that would be best choice overall for a smaller air force right now. and i can see them zoomin 50 ft off the deck better than a Viper for some reason.....

The Gripen came a close second but the F-16C/D was selected based on a 'mates rates' price with training package (pilots + ground support) from the US:

gallery_59028_683_424272.jpg

gallery_59028_683_115744.jpg

Also in the running were 2nd hand BAE GR.9 Harriers from the UK;

gallery_59028_683_76639.jpg

2nd hand upgraded General Dynamics/ Lockheed Martin F-16AM/BM;

gallery_59028_683_84602.jpg

2nd hand McDonnell Douglas/ Boeing F-4E Phantom II's upgraded by Israel Aerospace Industries;

gallery_59028_683_208673.jpg

2nd hand upgraded McDonnell Douglas/ Boeing F/A-18A/B Hornets;

gallery_59028_683_168936.jpg

And on the wish list were the Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornets;

gallery_59028_683_359824.jpg

And the Chief of the Airforce's wet dream, the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II:

gallery_59028_683_165239.jpg

Eliminated early on was a rotor wing CAS only option, the Boeing AH-64D Apache:

gallery_59028_683_111635.jpg

Edited by dtmdragon
  • Like 2

ok change of heart on my end.... def should have gone F/A-18A. just a lil commonality with some air force nearby............... closer facilities for overhaul, training etc......

but the Gripen still looks cool.

The problem with that is we're not going to have F/A-18s for that long, and most of the F/A-18A's in the world are knackered. Super Hornets would give commonality, as would F-35s.

well i think the competition was 10-15 years ago. they still had a bit of life in em at the time. hey give me credit i'm fighting my automatic urge to say go with the Phantoms!!!

well i think the competition was 10-15 years ago. they still had a bit of life in em at the time. hey give me credit i'm fighting my automatic urge to say go with the Phantoms!!!

RNZAF air combat wing was disbanded in 2001. These repaints, along with the F-16C/D Blk 52+ at the top of the page, represent the possibilities if a competition for a re-activated air combat wing aircraft was announced tomorrow- one can dream! lol Edited by dtmdragon

An oldie from my hard drive...

How comes the baddies always have the coolest insignia? j/k ;)

Nice, Timeline 191... ish. :tongue:

This urge is not creditworthy!

Phantoms Phorever!