Sign in to follow this  
Veltro2k

Well, I Think its Time to move on !

It all started with the original SFP1 . I saw the potential it had, and got hooked on WOE,WOV, and WOI.

I admired the hard work put in by others to add more aircraft to the game, that I went and purchased a student version

of 3D studio Max , and with Mustangs great tutorials, started practicing Modding..after a year came my first the Mig-31A.

I do admit I became a bit frustrated when the service packs came out and caused me a load of problems, but hey that's progress.

But recently something happened. I broke down and purchased SF2 WOE installed it , but rarely played it..Then Thirdwire released

the expansion pack with my all time favorite the Lightning that with a little help from my PayPal account, I added it also to my

collection...Well couple of years later with50 aircraft released, MAX2009,better computer, and more objects and aircraft being updated to SF2,

It's about time I go down that path also..with a little help of some great friends some of my mods already made it over, but from now on,

with a bit of practice I will be releasing directly to SF2 standards.

thank you

Ed

Must admit I was slow to move over when it came out as I was still having fun with the mods from SF1 but once I did and now that it seems everything is getting updated to SF2 ie Falklands I do like my SF2... just need to get more time flying... :drinks: and must admit I do like your work... :good:

Welcome to the dark side. Looking forward to your aircraft.

Thank you, it will be easier for me to play with your beautifull models

Agree! Veltro, I have a request for the Israel Expansion pack, as you start the SFP2 - the Tempest VI! What do you think?

Agree! Veltro, I have a request for the Israel Expansion pack, as you start the SFP2 - the Tempest VI! What do you think?

I have a P-39d that will be my first SF2 release ( yes ,I know i have others in SF2 but the airacobra will be the first straight to SF2 ) and I want to concentrate on the Mirage IIIV ,then converting some of my older works to SF2 standards. But will keep the Tempest in the backburner....what we need is more terrains and campaigns in SF2...Mr Wrench and the other Guru's, hope your listening :salute:

Edited by Veltro2k

Veltro, first I'd like to say thank you for all the work you've done! And welcome you to SF2...

Which leads me to the next thing - SF2 is more resource-hungry than SF1 for any number of reasons, so if I may dare to make a suggestion - LODs. My computer isn't the hottest, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this - aircraft with multiple LODs are ideal for use in realistic numbers, while aircraft without lower LODs can slow things down very considerably till you're looking at a slideshow. I've noticed that many WW2 add-on aircraft don't have LODs, which is a shame, because they don't get as much use as they deserve. Not complaining here, and certainly not trying to hurt anyone's feelings - just saying that I'd love to see more Italian aircraft I can REALLY profit from!

as suhsjake said welcome to the dark side. i liked Gen 1 cause of the plethora of Phantoms but my computer skills were so poor (i didnt know what ini's did!) that i only used plug and play mods. i have picked up quite a bit with Gen 2 ( and added around 40 units to my Phantom fleet in decals and squadronlist) and if a cherry like me finds it easy to mod with a meastro like yourself will produce true works of art. like all the rest i look forwaard to it sir

Veltro, first I'd like to say thank you for all the work you've done! And welcome you to SF2...

Which leads me to the next thing - SF2 is more resource-hungry than SF1 for any number of reasons, so if I may dare to make a suggestion - LODs. My computer isn't the hottest, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this - aircraft with multiple LODs are ideal for use in realistic numbers, while aircraft without lower LODs can slow things down very considerably till you're looking at a slideshow. I've noticed that many WW2 add-on aircraft don't have LODs, which is a shame, because they don't get as much use as they deserve. Not complaining here, and certainly not trying to hurt anyone's feelings - just saying that I'd love to see more Italian aircraft I can REALLY profit from!

True in fact all my first releases had only one LOD..but I have advanced now to make two LODS ( one as low Poly as I can), but still need more practice making maybe 3 or 4 LODS for each aircraft.I need to learn know how to make a damge model.

as suhsjake said welcome to the dark side. i liked Gen 1 cause of the plethora of Phantoms but my computer skills were so poor (i didnt know what ini's did!) that i only used plug and play mods. i have picked up quite a bit with Gen 2 ( and added around 40 units to my Phantom fleet in decals and squadronlist) and if a cherry like me finds it easy to mod with a meastro like yourself will produce true works of art. like all the rest i look forwaard to it sir

Maestro ? :blush: hmmmm I dont think Im still in the league of masters like Erik and the I.D.I.O.T team, the GMG ,the MF and the Other great individual Modders and fantastic skinners like Sun,pappy,and the rest

INW :bowdown2:

Edited by Veltro2k

Well I must say I think your models are really good but you should practice more on polishing your texturing skills.

Well I must say I think your models are really good but you should practice more on polishing your texturing skills.

Thank you Julhelm for all your help. Especially with the mapping using the Unwrap UVW sugestions...I still need practice on unfolding and stitching, but hey, one day...hmm texturing...thats going to be a hard challenge for a man like me that cant even draw a straight line.. :heat:

I used to say that about painting as well but the old adage stays true that practice makes perfect.

I used to say that about painting as well but the old adage stays true that practice makes perfect.

That I will do Sir. :salute:

Great news Ed. Love your work!

thank you,,,enjoying your skins also :clapping:

Edited by Veltro2k

We, of the Dark Side, Welcome our new Initate!! Take you place, Brother, amongst us :lol:

More terrains are coming ... and of course, converting the older ones over is >2 minute job

I'll have to echo Nigels comment .. we DO need updated FMs AND models for our Beloved WW2 Mods ™. We can only hope ...

wrench

kevin stein

If you decide to re-do your Javelin for the SF2 series & need a skinner, I'll volunteer.... :grin:

If you decide to re-do your Javelin for the SF2 series & need a skinner, I'll volunteer.... :grin:

Thank you very much for the offer Sun having you skin one of my works is a a honor :kudos: .....for the Javelin Sf2 version is already in the works with paulopanz..How do you feel about a VTOL Mirage :grin:

We, of the Dark Side, Welcome our new Initate!! Take you place, Brother, amongst us :lol:

More terrains are coming ... and of course, converting the older ones over is >2 minute job

I'll have to echo Nigels comment .. we DO need updated FMs AND models for our Beloved WW2 Mods . We can only hope ...

wrench

kevin stein

Are you my Father ? :starwars: Do have a hot Twin sister ? :idhitit: untill i found out were related :lmao: I love that word lets all now say it all together >>>>>> MORE <<<<<<<<<<<

True in fact all my first releases had only one LOD..but I have advanced now to make two LODS ( one as low Poly as I can), but still need more practice making maybe 3 or 4 LODS for each aircraft.I need to learn know how to make a damge model.

All I can usefully do is give encouragement..! :good::drinks:

Crissy-ylflower.gif

Veltro thanks for all your stuff. Its amazingly fantastic.

I must say you in general have consistently the most deep 3d detail in your canopy frames. You know I'm weird with how I play with a chopped instrument panel inside the 3d models. I'm sticking to SF1 for now in yet another clinical display of weirdness. If you ever do a Martin XB-68 (PDF, scroll down) paper plane (not the ICBM), that would be another temptation to go SF2.

68 discussion ~> http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,479.0.html