didnt the b47 use 2 saller chutes or was that the b52?  which iir had 3?

didnt the b47 use 2 saller chutes or was that the b52?  which iir had 3?

look at that pic I posted Russ

just rescale it ed m8   shouldnt affect anything  dont uniform scale it tho...scale it with the 2nd tool in scaling dropdown...

ahhh ok ...yer...see your point....Ill see if I can find a plain one larger for you...I have a few chute max files

I really love this mod but I have one problem.

In cockpit view i get some stuttering when there is some action going on ( tank battle, etc )

I'am using vsync with triple buffering in radeon pro.

Normally I can play this game with a steady 60 fps (exept in linebacker in the Hanoi erea)

The poly count of the F-5 cockpit is almost twice as hig as the mirage F1 cockpit.

This is what I tried so far:

I resized all the images in the cockpit folder to 512*512 with photoshop. Still stuttering

All graphics setting to low and setting the resolution lower. Still got stuttering.

Lowering horizon distance, changed aa settings. Nothing seems to work.

The Gpu is working at 60% and the graphics card ram is not fully used.

My system is using a intel i5 running at 3.8 Ghz and 8 gigs of ram

graphics card is a radeon hd 7800 2 gigs ram

Could this be a CPU issue ?

@ centurion, is a lower poly cockpit possible ? ( maybe a stupid question, I have no 3dmax experiance )

Hmm Happy that sounds like a problem at some other end, while the polycount is high for SF2 standards it should not be that big of a problem for your system.  I can't really say. There are some tweaks outlined here in this thread, applies mostly to nvidia but maybe worth a shot? Beware of the ATI tray tools, one download I found had a virus. But it could be one way of getting more control of your system to see what the culprit is. 

YOu could try one more thing.. go to the F-5E_72_COCKPIT.ini file and change the following:

[CockpitSeat001]
ModelName=F-5E_4 <<< CHANGE TO SOMETHING ELSE LIKE F-5E_NOTINUSE
Offset=0.0,3.1,0.8
//(x,z,y)
//Position=0.0,1.65,0.84
//position F5B
Position=0.0,2.65,0.85
//Offset=0.0,2.9,0.75
//(x,z,y)
//Position=0.0,3.5,0.7
ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0
MaxYaw=152
MinYaw=-152
MaxPitch=120
MinPitchFront=-60

This way the cockpit won't load. Now try a similar place you would get stuttering and see if it still there. If so, it's some other problem. If not, I will have to think about the cockpit some more. Most of it is made by a guy named Sophocles who is super talented, but he does have a taste for the high poly stuff  :biggrin:

For the following releases and updates I will also try to incorporate some more LOD levels for the external model.

Thank's for the quick reply,

I'am already using the "flip queue size" trick, the radeon pro software, I am not using ATI tray tools. (recommed radeon pro over ATI tray tools)

You can actually turn off the cockpit during the flight, you dont need to edit the ini file.

Here is a screenshot of the cockpit toggle option

When I turn the cockpit off the stuttering is gone. As soon as I turn it on again it's back.

This only happens during action, I can fly over heavily populated areas, with a steady FPS of 60.

That's why I think its maybe CPU related.

I doubt it's the cockpit, only one copy is loaded for the scene unlike other objects in the game that are always multiple...

Brian32, that's what i thought as well.

But the stutter is only present in cockpit view.

-toggle cockpit, no stutter

-External view, no stutter

-same mission with Mirage F-1 / F-15 etc, no stutter

-HorizonDistance & DetailMeshSize low Objectfade=true,still stuttering.

The only thing that is different  when I toggle the cockpit, or select a different aircraft is the amount of polygons.

Mirage F1 on runway around 234468 Poly's

F-5E on same runway 421105 Poly's

F-8E on same runway 198972 poly's

I tried every setting i could think of, but no luck.

I'll try to figure out what the CPU does at those moments.

Mapped . waiting on better chute and FM tweek and can pass to someone for skins

post-11906-0-91214500-1417712601_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

That is weird. I will have to consider something, but are there any one else with this type of problem?

Unfortunately reducing polycount on a 3d model like this with a bazillion small 3d objects like switches is easier said than done.

I have frame rate issues with the F-5E cockpit but my system is low end. [no point going into the details.] I was wondering though, would there be much of a frame rate increase if the control stick and throttle were removed? It may be possible to do this via ini edits then adjust the view angle to make the missing bits less noticeable. May give it a try.

quick coat of paint

post-11906-0-31876700-1417732307_thumb.jpg

post-11906-0-69544500-1417732314_thumb.jpg

post-11906-0-34954900-1417732325_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Some old effect inis also cause a big fps drop if afterburner is used, its some LightRange values in the

effects ini ... the stock value is 5.0 vs the mod file has 250.0 ...

I could hug you Ed..... 

something like this chute would be great on animation 9

post-11906-0-76892400-1417910332_thumb.jpg

post-11906-0-12493000-1417910339_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Did the two 20 mms in the back have a yaw, or did they just move up and down ? Also as usual, asking who wants to give this B version  a good skin ?

Ok here is the chute...would need to ne animated to close into the chute box included and mapped with the ropes black and the chute itself a white or off white ( animation 9)

The plane looks Great!

is the canopy open animation broken?

in what sense broken ?

Dragchute.rar

Edited by Veltro2k

Ok here is the chute...would need to ne animated to close into the chute box included and mapped with the ropes black and the chute itself a white or off white ( animation 9)

in what sense broken ?

I don't think he meant that it was broken per se, but was instead questioning the deployment (tilt). I know that at least up to the "E" model, the canopy was supposed to slide back, not tilt, and that's what was confusing him.  If it's a later variant, then the clamshell (tilt axis) as shown is 100% correct.

Here's a nice video on that bird, for everyone's viewing pleasure.

what the man above said :hi:

and here is a pic out of the vid that shows the front cockpit window and shape, you see, its perfectly flat. And the internal canopy struts and bars and the ejection seat rail too

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

Ohh ok... Theres a few pics  may are different the pic my Pivot was wrong heres what it looks like normaly

post-11906-0-19562800-1417989247_thumb.jpg

For future reference regarding the Stratojet's canopy:

B-47Canopy.jpg