Sign in to follow this  
Polovski

P4 DEVELOPMENT SCREENSHOTS

Who knows it's the luck o' the draw, or whatever we are working on :). We'll see as I have to do some work on some soon.

thanks for the shots...........apes and devs...............NICE!!!

Stunning work Gentleman, as always. I think I see some extra work has gone into the damage models a bit too perhaps. Looks like another masterpiece on your hands. I hope you know how much we all appreciate the work you do.

Hellshade

You may have to make do with this footage until they are ready. You may know the first one already, I think.

Rumpler Recon Craft over Laon

Rumpler C.V II taking off

.Me too Winder, and I really like how the observer is now hunkered over that Lewis. A very anatomically accurate posture, IMHO. Kudos to all the devs on everything you folks are doing for us poor sods.:good: .

Yes indeed very nice addition, plus the new modelled historical brims in Brit flight caps.

One think I don't like and I want to get fixed, sort of, are the open hanging side flaps of the caps.

The caps should be well fastened and the faces partially covered by mufflers...

Is there time for such changes to be implemented?

Thanks, Olham. I've indeed seen the first one, but not the second. One of my first careers in P4 is certainly going to be in a Rumpler FA.

Good point, elephant.

The new Fee looks good, but I'm really going to miss the Mata Hari pin-up and the sliding pack of cigarettes it seems :(.

Any chance of getting an FE2d version? Bigger engine, no nosewheel, fixed gun for the pilot?

The new Fee looks good, but I'm really going to miss the Mata Hari pin-up and the sliding pack of cigarettes it seems :(.

Any chance of getting an FE2d version? Bigger engine, no nosewheel, fixed gun for the pilot?

I've been begging more two-seaters from the devs so eagerly that they probably don't want to hear such requests anymore.

But hey, if Widowmaker got his Snipe using that method, it would be stupid of us not to try it too! :grin:

You got every right to do so, Hasse Wind.

You're not entitled to get them, but you have every right to request them.

And a French two-seater would cause more commotion in the Marne region,

round Verdun, and in the Alsace.

(You see, I'm hoping to get your assistance some day, when I will begin to ask

louder for a Roland D.VI).

:grin:

Edited by Olham

Why settle only for the Roland? Let's add the Pfalz D.XII to the deal! The more, the better! :cool:

Now then, have I mentioned that I'd really like to see some new French two-seaters in P4? :grin:

I've been begging more two-seaters from the devs so eagerly that they probably don't want to hear such requests anymore.

But hey, if Widowmaker got his Snipe using that method, it would be stupid of us not to try it too! :grin:

I've whined long and loud for more 2-seaters. There are a huge number desperately needed. I'm glad to see the Aviatik and Rumpler, but the French don't have a single 2-seater to call their own (license-built Strutters, while common in the AM, don't really count when you consider ARs, Caudrons, Farmans, Breguets, etc.) and the Brits could use a few more.

• Like 1

Sure I would like to do a FE2d but time is ticking on, and many other things need to be completed so no time at the moment.

We have always wanted more 2 seaters but most people want all the main fighters first.

Most of the new craft in Phase 4 are 2 seaters we cannot do more than we have as we have a very small team (smaller even compared to the other "small" teams other sims) and we decided we also like to sleep sometimes! I know very selfish but the 100 yard stare was frightening the missus.

We live in a instant world but this all takes silly amounts of time. It takes many weeks for us to fully complete a really good 2 seater (with all the parts to it, exterior (easiest bit), 2 cockpits, artwork and a lot of other mostly unseen work plus FM, research, exterior skins, Squads, Manager options, testing and fixing etc.

If we had not updated all the aircraft and cockpits we could have done more of course but they had to be done.

The lady pic is still there BH ;), just pinned under the left side inside the pit. The smokes were funny but not in keeping with the rest of the craft (and were bad for you so we had to remove, but bullets whizzing by as you sit near a fuel tank passed Health and Safety checks with flying colours hurrah!)

We can do all things and make them all super perfect if we released in 2021! BTW the Snipe only took 3 or 4 years of begging ;)

:drinks: French aircraft using A I is cool. We dont have to fly them. :grin: MMMMMMMMMMMMm I Luv the smell of warm machine guns over the French landscape. :salute:

"Most of the new craft in Phase 4 are 2 seaters"

Alright then. That's good, and probably reflects a majority view here - I suspect.

Can you be a touch more specific in terms of nationalities, numbers, time periods, etc? I'm not asking you to divulge stuff that I know that you'll want to advertise as part of the "WOW" factor to shift copies of OFF P4, but I think that a few more hints beyond what's already been leaked won't exactly drive people away or lose sales to TSTMNBN.

Tease us, if you please.

Pol, Winder and all of you lot: you know that knocking on your doors and drumming our drums

belongs to the business. We just make clear, what we all would like to see.

But before you drop out through permanent lack of sleep, or before you give it all up, we will take what we can get.

And I know, you devs would really love to get it all complete one day.

I can wait for a good job to get accomplished.

And there'll always be P5...

Edited by shredward

Thanks Olham no problem I just wanted to make clear it's not only driven by a choice but more to do with hours-in-the-day (and night). Maybe one day we can just ask a computer do it all for us - I tried asking my mouse like Scotty in Star Trek 4 but so far no go :) We will be more specific with what is there and is not when we are closer to done. We have posted at least some pics of most craft.

Most of the new craft in Phase 4 are 2 seaters we cannot do more than we have as we have a very small team (smaller even compared to the other "small" teams other sims) and we decided we also like to sleep sometimes! I know very selfish but the 100 yard stare was frightening the missus.

Believe me, I'll take whatever you throw out :). And I wouldn't be averse to buying period plane packs :).

The lady pic is still there BH ;), just pinned under the left side inside the pit. The smokes were funny but not in keeping with the rest of the craft (and were bad for you so we had to remove, but bullets whizzing by as you sit near a fuel tank passed Health and Safety checks with flying colours hurrah!)

Oh well, maybe you can sneak a bottle of booze into some cubby hole instead :).

We can do all things and make them all super perfect if we released in 2021! BTW the Snipe only took 3 or 4 years of begging ;)

Let's see..... According to the joined date beside my avatar, I've been begging for the FE2d for 2.5 years now on this forum alone. Plus a month or 2 on the forum that must not be named, so I'm coming up on 3 years now :).

Hi Guys,

Just to add a little perspective about P4 - P4 is not about adding craft per se - it is not really an expansion of P3 its a replacement in so many ways.

It is about:

1) Updating all graphics, models, and scenery - as many parts are looking dated - and there is only so much that can be done but looking at our graphics compared to many flight sims and we are well pleased so far.

2) Overhauling the Manager systems

3) Overhauling the AI - completely - all new AI that leaves P3 looking like a err a game.

4) Overhauling the campaign system

5) Real outcomes

6) Expanded operations

7) Expanded realism and immersion

And of course sooo many things that I cannot mention right now but that will be detailed closer to release.

Phase 4 actually is not a phase..its a rework and replace and overhaul....

Having said that we are including a list of new craft to accompany the release.

Once we have OFFIV released and stable we will then look at addon craft - probably in packs including squads etc but details will be released later.

Are folks interested in 'packs' or 'expansions' or 'phases'?

WM

• Like 1

Yes to expansion or plane packs, definitely. IMHO, the dev approach to P4 sounds spot on - prioritise updates to the engine rather than aircraft additions. There are enough new planes in prospect already. Get P4 out when the major engine updates are ready, yet more planes can follow.

I'm interested in everything that OBD launches.

It doesn't matter if it's packs, expansion or phases. I'll buy it anyway.

So do I... :clapping:

What Winder announced seems to be a dream come true in Combat Flight Simming! :ok:

Dear Mr. Winder,

'packs' or 'expansions' or 'phases'? does not matter - please just send the link for the download of P4 expansions/phases or packs and i will send you the monies through my credit card.

m :clapping:

Edited by Morris