Sign in to follow this  
Polovski

P4 DEVELOPMENT SCREENSHOTS

Oh you say that now Olham, but just wait a few more years when the circulation in your nether regions drops to about a lap every minute or so. THEN you’ll be whining about not going for your free Great War Snuggy. Oh yes, then you’ll be the sissy.

Hasse Wind, I'll be getting my Snuggy in khaki with a British roundel, also in 'Field Marshal' size, (extra room for freedom of movement when the P4 dogfights get particularly intense).

:grin:

Not missed - manager is being uprated in every department

WM

:clapping:

Looking at the screen shots I had better hurry up on my new computer shopping.

Now you awake my curiosity. How hurry do you have to be?

Maybe you could ask Pol or Winder.

Does a snuggie come with a quick release mechanism just in case the doorbell rings? :dntknw:

...and then it's only the Pizza boy???!!! Mmuahahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!!

Now you awake my curiosity. How hurry do you have to be?

Maybe you could ask Pol or Winder.

Ahh!

When I was a single man a decision took about 2 seconds to make and implement.

When you involve women that same decision could take months - and be much more complicated.

I wasn't gone, I was just passed out drunk in the corner of the mess :).

Hehe as WM says perfectly good reason then :)

Hi Guys,

Just to add a little perspective about P4 - P4 is not about adding craft per se - it is not really an expansion of P3 its a replacement in so many ways.

It is about:

1) Updating all graphics, models, and scenery - as many parts are looking dated - and there is only so much that can be done but looking at our graphics compared to many flight sims and we are well pleased so far.

2) Overhauling the Manager systems

3) Overhauling the AI - completely - all new AI that leaves P3 looking like a err a game.

4) Overhauling the campaign system

5) Real outcomes

6) Expanded operations

7) Expanded realism and immersion

And of course sooo many things that I cannot mention right now but that will be detailed closer to release.

Phase 4 actually is not a phase..its a rework and replace and overhaul....

Having said that we are including a list of new craft to accompany the release.

Once we have OFFIV released and stable we will then look at addon craft - probably in packs including squads etc but details will be released later.

Are folks interested in 'packs' or 'expansions' or 'phases'?

WM

What can I say...the most anticipated sim release ever for me and thats after 28 years gaming.

No other can come close.

Are folks interested in 'packs' or 'expansions' or 'phases'?

WM

I will add a "Hell yes" vote.

Further "Plane Packs" would be the best thing ever , I think. I was always missing this a little bit in P3. :this:

On the subject of "Plane Packs" for someone in the know.

Its not just a simple matter of dropping the a plane into the Aircraft folder: would not multiple non-aircraft game files need to be included to fully integrate them into the campaign/game engine?

As I typed that I think I answered my own question. Guess they will have to be in expansion packs ala HitR that include multiple planes and associated game files.

For the Devs: Is it quite complicated to include an aircraft into the campaign structure? Lots of file changes, besides the new aircraft, needed?

Its not just a simple matter of dropping the a plane into the Aircraft folder: would not multiple non-aircraft game files need to be included to fully integrate them into the campaign/game engine?

As I typed that I think I answered my own question. Guess they will have to be in expansion packs ala HitR that include multiple planes and associated game files.

For the Devs: Is it quite complicated to include an aircraft into the campaign structure? Lots of file changes, besides the new aircraft, needed?

Yes

As Ted says yep its a lot of work.

But our intention is not to release an aircraft or aircraft packs without them being integrated into the campaign system.

So buying a craft pack would include that functionality.

WM

I understood Winder to mean something like HitR with the plane packs for P4. Obviously adding new aircraft is not enough, they also need to have the squadrons, aces, skins etc. to make the whole package. And I'm definitely willing to pay for such expansions.

BTW, on the subject of campaign and AI improvements, what are the odds of getting a command to put your flight into a Lufbery Circle? :cool:

BTW, on the subject of campaign and AI improvements, what are the odds of getting a command to put your flight into a Lufbery Circle? :cool:

I would like to second that one.

Or getting two-seaters to scrub their mission if they sight enemy scouts within interception range? :grin:

Yeah, me and my BE2s are always doing it (can' t form a Lufbery, see) so I shouldn't have to be shown up by everyone else!

Bullethead, while you were lying in a drunken stupor in the corner of the mess hall, I remember Winder mentioned something about considerable improvements for two-seater careers that were being planned for P4. I trust those plans haven't changed. :cool:

Hahaha - some never give up.

And Widowmaker with his Snipe is the living proof, that it may even pay!

...and low flying two seaters used as bait for enemy scouts who attack, only to find out, "It's a trap!"

Sorry, I guess I'm getting a little excited!