Sign in to follow this  
logan4

SF2 DLC Hunter F.58 Swiss Air Force

DanW please...:this: tease us :grin:

I am completely fine with the DLC idea, in fact, I think it's great. It is a little more money going to TK to help support his bigger projects. Only thing I'm not so sure about is the content. Some DLCs seem kind of pointless. Like the SAAF Mirage IIIC. We don't have a map to fly it of off. I think a better plan for DLCs would be to include some "necessary" extras. For example. Instead of just doing the French F-8 Crusader, why not also include a nice Clemenceau class aircraft carrier to go with it so we actually have something authentic to fly it off of. You could have an option to upgrade your DLC purchase to include the aircraft carrier (or what ever else there might be) for a predetermined price. That's the way I'd do it.

Ditto on the extras for DLC releases. On the other hand, TK just said carriers cost as much as aircraft models :blink:

Which is an exaggeration IMHO.

I hope somehow, he surprises us and includes a few new ships in Tomcat.

Ditto on the extras for DLC releases. On the other hand, TK just said carriers cost as much as aircraft models :blink:

Which is an exaggeration IMHO.

I hope somehow, he surprises us and includes a few new ships in Tomcat.

someone post a list a new object in a .ini and there is a bunch of new ships directly related to the north atlantic theme

yeah but seems these were there for loong time and are irrelevant to actual content

someone post a list a new object in a .ini and there is a bunch of new ships directly related to the north atlantic theme

That was me :grin:

And yes, there has been other ships/aircraft names inserted in the ini files before.. Those haven't materialized yet.

Modders have crancked out great ships recently anyway, I just wish TK did a few and so gets the temptation to implement code for battle groups and naval ops. A lot could be accomplished with minor improvements..

Edited by PureBlue

I just wish TK did a few and so gets the temptation to implement code for battle groups and naval ops. A lot could be accomplished with minor improvements..

Indeed, multiple missile launchers on one ground object, AI handling the difference between Ground and Air targets better and destructable carriers would be good. Just if these are easy to implement is another question...

Indeed, multiple missile launchers on one ground object, AI handling the difference between Ground and Air targets better and destructable carriers would be good. Just if these are easy to implement is another question...

IMHO the way the carrier are used today will change in the f-14 sim, otherwise it will be strange to see a battle in north atlantic without materialize the old dream of seeing hordes of soviets tu-95/tu22/tu16 assaulting carriers groups and sinking them from a point of view and defend them from the another one.

(and don't forget the position of carrier in the vietnam campaign in recent patchs, the carriers groups already appears in a way)

yeah but seems these were there for loong time and are irrelevant to actual content

the f-14 sim is now on devellopemnt for two years

we'll see what happen and i don't think it will take another two years before it hit the online store (from a business view not fan view)

Edited by Murphy'S

hmmm thinking about it... if the Christmas time isn't the real deal (and seems it won't) then some 6-8 months more... plain guess from throwing a dice

I just wasted my 2,22€ for this one. :blink:

Loadout is not correct, model isn´t corect too and the skins too.

I think it´s time to update our F58 mod.

Edited by Soulman

ugh! must be an eye-opener Carlo...

ugh! must be an eye-opener Carlo...

It is.

Edited by Soulman

clearly, it's for the "lite" casual gamers that can't distinguish (or doesn't bother) A-4A from say, -4F. Kinda sad. Can't argument why.

Report it to TK with every little detail. Maybe he'll patch something, enable Mavericks without adding anything to the pit. Oh, wait...

that was a good one GrimViper...

I just wasted my 2,22€ for this one. :blink:

Loadout is not correct, model isn´t corect too and the skins too.

I think it´s time to update our F58 mod.

Yes please carlo do it !!! :good:

:clapping:

Ludo

TK @ Thirwire forum:

Those are upgraded Swiss Hunters, modernized in the 1980s with totally different cockpit. The hunters included in the DLC are the original versions as they were back int the 60s and 70s.

Hmm, good that that was discripted in the detailed information about this dlc. :grin:

Equal for me now. I´m doing my own F.58 (late) mod on base of a stoch Hunter FGA.9 Model.

Hmm, good that that was discripted in the detailed information about this dlc. :grin:

Equal for me now. I´m doing my own F.58 (late) mod on base of a stoch Hunter FGA.9 Model.

Sweet!!!

Let's face it, it doesn't take 2 years to make a 3D model and a cockpit. It doesn't take that long to make a terrain. It doesn't take that long to make both.

There's obviously a lot of behind-the-scenes work going on (over and above the "new terrain engine") on this, and until it comes out I don't think we'll know just how much.

This will be the first proper release in SF2 series. Not a remake, not an expansion. We don't have a prayer.

Jedi Master, you're right... I hope this will be much more than "new terrain engine"... on the other hand recent posts from TK have "we can't/won't do this that" mood to them, so I'm a bit lost here

Jedi Master, you're right... I hope this will be much more than "new terrain engine"... on the other hand recent posts from TK have "we can't/won't do this that" mood to them, so I'm a bit lost here

But remember Stary, Thirdwire is a very small company....