given we can kiss TOD objects goodbye I wonder how additional forests could be implemented? As individual objects I see no point frankly. Those few that we have around some airfields seem to be individual objects added via targets.ini :blink:

We need that extractor, I dont believe that TK chosed to add trees via targets (or other terrain) ini.

If yes I can write macro in excel to place "n" trees randomly around some point (but I cant detect previously placed objects

like airfield :-( )

Monty CZ

I think that the KSR-2 / KSR-11 (AS-5 Kelt) missiles are missing. Have made flyable the Tu-16K-26 and all the other variants and that missile is not in the list. Only KSR-5 (AS-6 Kingfish) are aviable for that version.

post-16385-0-79599800-1331638197.jpg

I'm too freakin' busy trying into intercept incoming ASM's then worrying about trees.....

A scenario that will never happen......

"VAMPIRE VAMPIRE VAM......man oh man, look at all those trees down there, my dog would go crazy...."

"quite tastey, but stringy"

Said Polyphemus, to Kirk Douglas.... :grin:

"VAMPIRE VAMPIRE VAM......man oh man, look at all those trees down there, my dog would go crazy...."

you sure? :smile:

have yet to hear the Vampire call :this:

What happens in the campaign if you destroy the Kiev? Is it still there the following missions?

Or if your own carrier is busted in a mission?

have yet to hear the Vampire call :this:

You dont want to hear it. Intercepting the crusie missiles is a pain.

I'm sure it is...

I'm wondering IF there will be some possibility to add the reflective water shader to existing terrains. Seems there are in fact two independent "water areas" on Iceland -one global covering whole map and the other that shows closer to camera viewpoint which is animated. Thinkig out loud

Hell yes it is! I pooched an intercept and one bomber got an AS-6 off. I was on direct line to intercept it, but I only had my 'winders left. The missile blew by me at Mach 4.5! I was never closer than 5 miles out from it. I can't imagine trying to get a whole swarm of them.

Fortunately it lookes like ship SAMs and CWS can intercept missiles that leak through. The vampire finally got had by a salvo of Sea Sparrows.

I think (but I can't remember, being so shocked at the time) that I hit the R key with the vampire call and got the missile visually. You gota hit them soon, because once they accelerate your missiles will never catch them in any aspect except dead ahead.

campaign or single missions? Because in both my F-14 and A-7 campaigns I came to the point where my task force is mixed with Soviets and there's no chance for me to launch from carrier, I'm shot down right after take off

LOL ....First one to whine to TK about the new high res terrain beating the piss out of their single core 2 Ghz processor and six year old GPU on the third wire forum walks the plank :punish:. We have lots of great terrains at our disposal.. and the stock NA terrain should work for folks with low specs if they turn thier settings down. I still really enjoy a great many of the modded terrains and will continue to fly over them for a long time to come.

We are going to need very powerful rigs to fully utilize this terrain engine... I do not think that is a bad thing. The technology is finally here to make what we have all been asking for a reality. As we learn more about the new engine we will learn tricks to lower the frame rate hit on less powerful machines.

Too late, they are already whining to TK on his boards and via emails.

Too late, they are already whining to TK on his boards and via emails.

Let them whine. I like the new terrain. I can bet once Stary, Brain, Wrench and the other terraformers get it all figured out on how to do anything with it, the next terrains will the even better.

• Like 1

we need to be productive. whine for a cat extractor and much else can be fixed by the modders. til the next patch!

Something to note is that, in single missions, most Soviet flights are setup as having "Average" skill instead of Excellent. Probably because of their settings in Nations.ini.

Not sure about campaign missions..

Edited by PureBlue

Firing missiles - like a BOSS! Also, the Soviets seemed to have a dullness tracker to find the AWACs.

EDIT: Also confirmed that SF2: NA roles was patched into non NA installations with march patch.

Edited by JonathanRL

Let them whine. I like the new terrain. I can bet once Stary, Brain, Wrench and the other terraformers get it all figured out on how to do anything with it, the next terrains will the even better.

I like you Dave :smile:

we need Cat extractor badly, monkeys are running wild in their cages

My first "wow" moment in SF2-NA: when i attacked the kiev with A-6E + harpoons, it looks like they try to shoot harpoons down with flak and miniguns :)

HEY!!! I resemble that remark!!! :rofl:

well, kiddies, time to get out the goats/chickens/cows/*animal of choice* for to sacrifice to the gods for that triple cursed extractor ... we can't get it soon enough

+1

:rofl:

Cage? I left that one behind when I set up a new partition just to try out a mod idea :D

Hi I'm Brain and I'm catextractorholic :blink:

(chorus)

hello Brain

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..