Damn, this is just such amazing work as always.  Sophocles, your F-5A here is going to set the bar for superior quality and details - thank you for continuing to bring this into reality...  :bowdown2:   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The inclusion of a paint kit is great! Also, I'm aware of the F-5's limitations in armament, but a lot of other fighters also carry only a few sidewinders - the Sabre and Mirage III come to mind immediately for me. I'd just like to fly some air-to-air missions as well as air-to-ground in campaigns, since I plan to use this bad boy in a few of them.

As an aside, how many sidewinders can the F-5A carry? I've seen both 2 and 4 listed as the max.

8 hours ago, rogueranger1993 said:

The inclusion of a paint kit is great! Also, I'm aware of the F-5's limitations in armament, but a lot of other fighters also carry only a few sidewinders - the Sabre and Mirage III come to mind immediately for me. I'd just like to fly some air-to-air missions as well as air-to-ground in campaigns, since I plan to use this bad boy in a few of them.

As an aside, how many sidewinders can the F-5A carry? I've seen both 2 and 4 listed as the max.

The F-5a can only carry 2 sidewinders on its wingtip rails; unlike the F-5E which I've noticed some countries have updated to carry four (Brazil and others..)

On 8/6/2019 at 9:19 PM, SkateZilla said:

Would look so pretty in DCS.. :-p

That was a joke, for the most part.

I still havent gotten my SF2 to work on my new machine (windows 10, ryzen, 32gb ram, etc etc).

But since SF2 doesnt support VR, I havent really dug into the issue.

On ‎09‎.‎08‎.‎2019 at 11:10 AM, sophocles said:

The F-5a can only carry 2 sidewinders on its wingtip rails; unlike the F-5E which I've noticed some countries have updated to carry four (Brazil and others..)

Btw, have you also planned a new F-5B?

On 10/06/2019 at 11:30 AM, sophocles said:

Hopefully before summer's out.. I'm determined to get this to you guys. :good:

Summer is over...any news about F-5A?  :)

Speak for yourself Starfighter2!  It's still 30 degrees and sunny as heck here on Crete, LOL!!

There's still some details to iron out, and Baffmeister is working hard custom building and tuning the flight model.. so a couple more weeks:ok:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

i was not yet able to finish the NF-5A 275 gallon tank because of some real life problems , if my computer is finally willing to work with me i will finish them soon ( 1 week i hope )

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

my 3ds max computer is still down and needs a new MB , CPU and RAM i hope i get everything done by January , Sophocles is working on the Cockpit reducing the lod size

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎11‎.‎12‎.‎2019 at 2:04 PM, ravenclaw_007 said:

my 3ds max computer is still down and needs a new MB , CPU and RAM i hope i get everything done by January , Sophocles is working on the Cockpit reducing the lod size

Hope you´ll be back in Business soon mate!

BTW, i got good references regarding NF-5s. If you are in Need of them, let me know. ;-)

Hallo Carlo

my computer is working again and i send already the new 275 gallon tanks for the NF-5A to Sophocles

this are the 275 gallon drop tanks for the NF-5A

Image2.thumb.jpg.e2c07db84ab12ae3e66e2769cb2744b1.jpg

Image4.thumb.jpg.bd426c890a1ef08537c791750668c0f1.jpg

Image3.thumb.jpg.3b4c55691fd24d1a0de1a2660c6b182c.jpg

Edited by ravenclaw_007
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

48 minutes ago, Wilches said:

Hope that marvelous tanks will be part of 3D model.

All of Ravenclaw_007's expansive additions will be included in the final release .. the first pack of which,  I dare say,  is nearing completion:wink:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1