Gepard

EURO 2012

Spain played just plain bad. They didn't deserve to win, but with 0:0 and Italy winning, Croatia was out nevertheless.

Yesterday they were high on Valium, and the referee was kind of awful. We lack that killer instinct this championship. I hope this Mid-fielder only freak goes away soon.

England vs Ukraine

will hope that they will not be on valium :grin:

Are the scores related to actual goals in any way in modern football?

• Like 1

Goal line technology like they have in Tennis etc is the only way to get those judgments correct - the refs just cant tell at that speed.

Happens many times every year - just down to luck I guess - and that England team will only survive on luck!

Are the scores related to actual goals in any way in modern football?

Apparently not, we two here did big WTF? watching the replays...

I was for England, but to give credit Ukrainians showed good football too, esp. in first half :good:

Today Germany vs Greece

or with other words

"The battle for the EURO" :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

We made it!!!

Bye bye Greece! :drinks:

It was a great Game & a great Party @ our lokal public viewing Area in Rheine.

post-911-0-32894800-1340457925.jpg

We won the French. I´m glad at all the show of superiority and such, but i wish the score reflected such dominance.

England vs Italy today

Note to England - thou shall not let the game be decided by penalty shootout...

I mean first of all - just don't, second I would never select Young and Cole to shoot penalties you could see that won't work before it happened...oh, and the goalkeeper sucks imho, sorry...

Props to our neighbors Italy, really good and very active game, btw Pirlo's penalty shot was really awsome...

I hear the match ended. I was working in my room. Walked down the stairs. Asked daddy , old Navy Man "Taranto or Alexandria?" he replies "Alexandria" i say "Better Alexandria than Trafalgar" went back here

Young should'nt have even been on the pitch...let alone trusted to take a penalty!...he's utterly sh*t

Italy played a refreshing sort of football, liked it, England just couldn't cope with it...

Extremely fair match for a change!!!

The better team won yesterday. :good:

Nice Game to watch, one of the best in the tournament so far.

yeah, but i would had prefer England to win. Would be easier for Germany in the semifinal.

It will be ok, Germany has better defense and much better goalkeeper than England. Also Italian team has two faces, one for the first half, other for the 2nd half...

Italy played a refreshing sort of football, liked it, England just couldn't cope with it...

Extremely fair match for a change!!!

100% agree with you Derk :good:

can't wait to watch Italy vs Germany

I hope Italy win this one

Spain will still take it all I think though. I am torn though between Italy and Germany. I think we are in for an epic game.

I hope Italy win this one

I hope not! :grin:

I´m really looking forward to the match.

I hope not! :grin:

I´m really looking forward to the match.

Hey, I'm English...we always want you guys to lose! :lol:

(on a serious note...good luck, and enjoy the game)

I must say, today's match, Spain vs Portugal will be a tough one, i go as always for Spain and wish the boys the best, most of my Barcelona players are there:)

I must say, today's match, Spain vs Portugal will be a tough one, i go as always for Spain and wish the boys the best, most of my Barcelona players are there:)

With no David Villa(my favorite player) and Torres not being at full power this is a bit different Spain...also Ronaldo and the crew should pose a threat for weakened Spain defense(no Puyol) that is if Portugal passes through the nightmare of Spain's epic midfield, on the other hand Portugal has quite a solid midfield also plus really good defense with Pepe in charge.

Anyway I don't see Spain having much opportunities for solid shots on the Portugal's goal, on the other hand like I said passing through Spain's midfield will be really rare, biggest opportunities for a goal will in my opinion come from corners and free kicks(Ronaldo is a real danger here). So the game might very well come to the penalty shootouts and this is where the talent of Casillas might come into play...

Match will be tough, maybe not so entertaining for casual watchers but tactically it will(should be) a treat...