... can't wait guys!!! :clapping:

Your mod is so beautiful...

Edited by Coupi
  • Like 1

Here is the RWR, now to figure out how to make the directional arrows work.. If you check out the Mig-21 cockpits avaliable they have the SPO-15 RWR, consisting of four lights, and I have tried to copy this approach but is is difficult when I cant see how it is mapped in 3ds max. No success so far but I'll keep trying. If anyone has a working example and are willing to share please do so!

[RWR]
Type=3_RING
AirSearchTexture=Cockpit\newrwr\RWR1.tga
AirTrackTexture=Cockpit\newrwr\RWR2.tga
AirLockTexture=Cockpit\newrwr\RWR3.tga
GroundSearchTexture=Cockpit\newrwr\RWR1.tga
GroundTrackTexture=Cockpit\newrwr\RWR2.tga
GroundLockTexture=Cockpit\newrwr\RWR3.tga
SearchPosition=0.0
TrackPosition=0.4
LockPosition=01.3715
SearchSize=0.01
TrackSize=0.315
LockSize=1.0
SearchFlash=TRUE
SearchFlashRate=0.4
TrackFlash=TRUE
TrackFlashRate=0.2
LockFlash=TRUE
LockFlashRate=0.1
TrackSound=RWRTrackSound.wav
LockSound=RWRLockSound.wav

rwr1.jpg

• Like 1

It looks good

Maybe you can use as a basis the TMF Mirage IIIE cockpit  ?

The BF rwr is working perfectly there

ps : check pms

Edited by jeanba

Here is the RWR, now to figure out how to make the directional arrows work.. If you check out the Mig-21 cockpits avaliable they have the SPO-15 RWR, consisting of four lights, and I have tried to copy this approach but is is difficult when I cant see how it is mapped in 3ds max. No success so far but I'll keep trying. If anyone has a working example and are willing to share please do so!

Actually the basic RWR is just a circled mesh as usual, it's just that the cover hides the rest of the map so you only see it flashing when the contacts are in the place of directional arrows.

So you can either cut out the arrows on the RWR mesh or use TGA texture and set transparency in places of directional arrows via alpha layer...

Actually the basic RWR is just a circled mesh as usual, it's just that the cover hides the rest of the map so you only see it flashing when the contacts are in the place of directional arrows.

So you can either cut out the arrows on the RWR mesh or use TGA texture and set transparency in places of directional arrows via alpha layer...

So it will obscure detected contacts which aren't in line with the "cutouts", correct? If so, any way to remedy this or is it a tradeoff?

So it will obscure detected contacts which aren't in line with the "cutouts", correct? If so, any way to remedy this or is it a tradeoff?

Correct, that's the way SPO's work too, since flyable planes are all of western origin with very similar RWR's there's no other way...

Ok that is what I thought Brain, doesn't work (yet) but maybe I did some mistake. Thx!

Correct, that's the way SPO's work too, since flyable planes are all of western origin with very similar RWR's there's no other way...

Hopefully EXP3 will bring small avionics updates making it possible. Thx for the answer Brain!

Ok guys, now the cockpit is 99% done. The BF RWR works, the mapping is set up so that the arrows are mapped to the whole circle ie the radar contacts does not need to be exactly at 000, 090, 180 or 270 degrees to show up. The downside is that the arrows look a little strange when illuminated. I also added more detailed labels and stuff to the cockpit thanks to Coupis excellent shots, I could use a few more to show the radio panel behind the stick et cetera but I think it is fairly ok now. Also added reflection to the gauges, in the first shot I am dropping flares to show the detail better so the reflection is maybe clearer than normally.

gallery_19311_669_338421.jpg

gallery_19311_669_75723.jpg

gallery_19311_669_107999.jpg

I almost laughed when I considered that originally I asked for the max files from Brain32 just to "adjust some UV coordinates on the frame", and that really was my intention. Talk about feature creep. But without his original work I am 100% I would not have gotten this far! So thank you!

• Like 9

Thanks a lot Centurion, looks like it will be a great cockpit to fly!

Outstanding work of all you guys!!! :good:

Edited by ValAstur

It seems that SF2 users just can't wait for this one. 13,000 views for this topic!!!

13,000 eh? Looks like we're gonna have to design a lottery system in order to pick the first 1,000 downloaders. Otherwise - poor ol' Eric is gonna have to deal with a fried server :heat:

Nice work, Centurion!

Thanks guys, I hope we can give you this bird to fly really soon.

Also because of low res damage textured ruined one of my action shots I decided to make some new ones. Downsize: five 2048*2048 TGA files with full alpha weigh in at 80mb...

Total destruction:

gallery_19311_669_4156.jpg

Lighter destruction:

gallery_19311_669_307457.jpg

• Like 6

Ho! Very beautiful Mirage F1EQ!!!

I almost laughed when I considered that originally I asked for the max files from Brain32 just to "adjust some UV coordinates on the frame", and that really was my intention. Talk about feature creep. But without his original work I am 100% I would not have gotten this far! So thank you!

This is outstanding work buddy, what I sent you back then was nowhere near this level of 3D art... :good:

Centurion, the terrain shown in your pictures in your last two posts is from the upcoming Iraq-Iran campaign?

Small correction, it was JeanBa and not Coupi in this instance which provided the pix, merci!

Can anyone find a detailed pic of the ATLIS or ATLIS II tgp? Preferably mounted on the F.1 but any old pic would do!

here some pics I found, I also found specificities of the pod if you're interested

post-1822-0-81328400-1372929058.jpg

post-1822-0-41920400-1372929067.jpg

post-1822-0-51996000-1372929075.jpg