saisran

Funny Stories and Stupid Questions in SF2

Another good one: in SF2: NA don't take off from the carrier right away, wait for your buddies to do it first, then watch as most of them fall in to the Atlantic :biggrin:

Lolz! I think that's coz they're trying to get into formation with you who is travelling at 30knts and 72ft above the water. Ofcourse thats gonna be impossible. One of my wingman almost crashed into the Atlantic. we were in close formation and i was about to Trap when i glimpsed a wing on my side. I forgot to get them to RTB. I plugged in the burner and pulled but i already caught the wire. gave the order to RTB and watched him skimmed the water then nosed up and climbed. the plane was damaged but was not lost. good thing as he is one of my ace.

Congratz on quick reflexes :smile: I wonder if in this case it's that 30kts speed which breaks the wingman AI (as opposed to taking off from ground airstrip)?

Edited by SFP1Ace

Can Someone answer this for me?Do your wingmen ever use the weapons you load them with?Esp air to ground rockets?or is it a waste to change their default loads?Thanks!

yes, they do

armed recon, fer instance and prolly even SEAD

I´ve seen them use AG rockets in Armed recon, CAS, SEAD, antishipping and even doing flak supression when on any strike mission, against ground and seaborne targets

Congratz on quick reflexes :smile: I wonder if in this case it's that 30kts speed which breaks the wingman AI (as opposed to taking off from ground airstrip)?

In an airfield your wingmen are waiting for you to take off since your blocking the only runway available. in a carrier your wingman is in a separate cat. he can launch since there's no danger to him crashing into you. the ai just can fly in formation with a carrier. :)

What if you clear the runway to make a room for the wingman? Won't he eventually take off? (I've never tried this, just wondering).

What if you clear the runway to make a room for the wingman? Won't he eventually take off? (I've never tried this, just wondering).

here's the answer

post-71410-0-63457100-1355855033_thumb.jpg

Took my plane to the other side of the runway. wingie saw enough room to take off and he did. He flew and and as soon as he was airborne he saw my plane in front below him and tried to fly in formation with a parked jet. :)

I have never tried this on the runway, but in SF2.NA if I wait to long on the cat my wing take's off ahead of me, starts to climb out, then banks hard over straight into the chuck. :yikes:

Edited by Romflyer

here's the answer

Took my plane to the other side of the runway. wingie saw enough room to take off and he did. He flew and and as soon as he was airborne he saw my plane in front below him and tried to fly in formation with a parked jet. :)

Well, it's decided then - faulty AI logic. It is kinda funny though! ^_^

Ever had battle damage,completed mission requirements,fly all your waypoints and successfully trap aboard your carrier and have your debrief tell you are dead?Happened in KAW 3 times already! Oh and by the way I guess the question should have been .....Your mission is CAP deep in enemy territory but your wingmen's aircraft have an empty hardpoint so I load some AG rockets Cause when I'm done with my mission I like to hit targets of opportunity on the way out.But my wingies only use their guns if they obey any instructions at all.So......they haved to be tasked with the AG mission before they will use that ordinance?

certain amounts of battle damage will count you as dead. been badly wounded in an A-10 once, chased by Migs. did a pitch up ala TOPGUN and gunned the closest guys enroute. finally made it to the nearest blue airfield and set down just to hear taps playing when i was done..............

Died on the landing many many times. landed one single engined and smoking F-14B on a friendly field only to find out that i died on smoke ingestion. Guess the rescue crew failed to pull me out of the plane on time.

Easy way to survive getting killed is to make it to friendly territory/land, then punch out of the jet. Your status goes from dead to wounded. One of the ways you can tell whether or not you're "dead" is if you have debug on. Check the damage status of the jet, if it is "DESTROYED" you'll die if you land and hit escape, but be alive if you eject, if it is a damage status "LIGHT" or "HEAVY" you'll be wounded.

• Like 1

Caesar. how do you turn on the debug again? which command or do i have to add a line to an ini somewhere?

Caesar. how do you turn on the debug again? which command or do i have to add a line to an ini somewhere?

In FLIGHT Folder>HUDDATA.INI

[Debug]

DisplayDebug=TRUE

Edited by RogerSmith

What line of which ini file do i have to edit when I'm damaged to tell the enemy gunners to kiss my A#$%&*!?

standard keystroke:

control/alt/delete

Used a RS-70s AGM-69 SRAM @ ~100nm away against a SCUD launcher, the missile flew all the way without any problems and hit the SCUD destroying everything around it expect the SCUD, launched another SRAM and it blew up but the SCUD didn't. So I fired my last 16 SRAMs all at once. Before they even got anywhere near the SCUD it randomly blew itself up and gave me mission complete.

Sure is...

Another Mid Air Traffic....

Got the new updated F-5E uploaded by paulo and the avionics update by crusader. nice work guys... took it for a mission and tangled with A-4 my squad made quick work of the scooters but a couple of neshers and super mysteres joined in. We got into a gun fight and was about to the last mystere when no.3 acting like an ace/ass joined in trying to take my kill away... No freaking way i said. so we jostled for position as we try to get a gun solution of the Boom no 3 and had a mid air collision... killing both of us....

post-71410-0-88838100-1358531658_thumb.jpg

The top line indicates us getting a kill each followed with me missing with a winder then a long list of me being awful with the guns and the bottom is the end of two stupid pilots. If i'm in a Tom like i always am, i'll be surely missing goose.

Last night flying an A-4G off the Melbourne, I spent about 20 minutes chassing down a Bear, got within range to fire my Aim-9G's... both decoyed. Closed to guns range and landed a burst in his tail, had to pull off to avoid his gunners, repositioned for a beam attack, hits on his wing- one engine out. I made another pass from his other side and managed to set his tanks on fire before running out of ammo. He is now decending, decelerating and on fire so I pull back and watch as he plumments towards the frigid waters off Iceland...

It is at this point that I hear a Fox-1 call, were flying little A-4G's though so it isn't my wingman... my prey then blew up rather spectacularly a mile off my left wing... 5 seconds later a pair of glory stealing F-102 B*****ds from keflavick flash past me head on patting each other on the back for a job well done. Custom mission and I hadn't even noticed them in the mission builder, not a pleasent surprise :(

Craig

• Like 3

The medal citations you get in the game are kind of hilarious in how badly they actually match what happened during the mission. Just now I got a DFC for "flying into significant enemy fire with no regards to my own safety", when the truth of the matter is the engagement was between two Raptors and a pair of Fulcrum-As, flying 20k feet below us in the same direction. This was pretty much an execution...

• Like 1