Sorry guys, I can't claim that seat as my work, it's from Batman1978's Hi-Res Pit for the F-104G from the SF1 D/loads section, from 2005 just to give an idea of how the Zipper's been neglected, it's not as nice as, say AleDucat's ACES seats but it's a lot better than the stock seat. It'd be nice if the 104 got the kind of love that Ravenclaw is giving the F-4, for example; it's great that you, Carlo, are doing up some beautiful skins for the new DLCs. I hope you know I was only kidding about the rush. The model seems almost perfect except for the d##n nozzle animation, but for $3.99... As far as the centerline attachment points, I'm not sure, I do know there ain't a lot of room to stick say, a nuke up in there. Martin, anything I can do to help, let me know.

Yep, extract the BM_MIRAGE5E2_*.BMP files from the DLCData028.DLC, use a tool to convert them to true normal maps (I used Paint.Net and the NormalMapPlus plugin, however I do not know the settings used by TW originally, my attempts so far seem either too flat or too strong) and place the result in /Objects/Aircraft/Mirage5E2

But that would still need fixing by TK at some point anyway, I already reported it.

Problem solved!

BM_MIRAGE5SDE_1.BMP (1,2,3,4,5)  rename to BM_MIRAGE5E2_1.BMP  (1,2,3,4,5) and copy in to the main folder,

And that's it!

img00019.jpg

• Like 1

Just to clarify, which folder do we put the renamed 5E2 BMPs in? Which is the "main" folder? I could logically argue several. :grin:

I would guess the aircraft's main folder

That's what I figured, I just wanted to be sure.

Yes, that's in the Mirage5E2 folder (and/or in each skin folder).

Strahi, except the placement of some features are not exactly identical... especially in BM_MIRAGE5***_1.BMP.

Ive noticed that the patch bug to gears affects my su-9,which has no shock animations,but it does move in game,and its made the parts move...by themselves...odd...

post-1981-0-05429500-1371773924.jpg

post-1981-0-50638000-1371773937.jpg

Russ, I can't find the post (mine!) but I brought this up someplace, a P-39 in Pacific terrain; it's almost like the patch screws the terrain, not the plane.

Thats being commented on extensively at the WW2 forum Russ. Some terrains good, some holy $#!+!!!!!! For the same plane iirc.

yeah IO know stock terrains are fine...Ive examined all the inis to try and find any errors or odd differences from pre patch data,but find nothing...Im wondering if the actual TODs have screwed up summat.

Yes, that's in the Mirage5E2 folder (and/or in each skin folder).

Strahi, except the placement of some features are not exactly identical... especially in BM_MIRAGE5***_1.BMP.

Try Mirage 5D. It seems that this time 100% compatibility.

Which .CAT file has the 5D?

Mirage 5DE ... it was really just a Mirage IIIE with new name ... like so many other 'Mirage 5' variants ... good Dassault marketing :skull:

The Customer was King !!! (as long as the money was flowing...)

Gabonese Mirage 5 even had tailhooks ...

BTW the Mirage 5E2 is missing the Laser Designator Housing under the nose. Egypt got 16 aircraft, ordered in 1980 and delivered from 1982-83.

The 5E2 had a much enhanced nav/attack system based on avionics developed for the Alpha Jet 2 with a real HUD.

Hello,

Starfighter nozzle problem solved with the Thirdwire July patch... good!

Coupi.

Edited by Coupi
  • Like 1