Very good idea from TK! Many thanks!!!

I hope he considers a cockpit DLC for that F-104. I'd pay money for that.

Cockpits of other mirage DLCs could have been used for the arab mirages, and an F-104 pit could have been updated from the 1st gen. This would have meant more DLCs, and more money. I guess TW people do what they can at the moment.

Hmm... Just took the F-104C_61 out for a spin. Felt more agile than I remembered the "G" model being, so went back and tried that. Felt the same, but no updates to the G data in the last patch.

I mention this because in a quick CAP, I was flying circles around some MiG-21, getting 2 gun kills easily. I remember the Starfighter being a real handful for me in a fight against a Fishbed. This felt more like a Viper. Maybe my imagination. I was able to hold sustained turns while holding the stick all the way back. Maybe some FM tweaking or just copy/paste from the F-104A/C pack is in order.

Anyone else?

And yeah, it's not a legit complaint. I know the plane is supposed to be "AI only".

Edited by arthur666

That is actually kinda impressive. Too bad I do not have the money for it at the moment, as I would love to try it out.

I can almost bet the S-99 will be the first of the Aircraft to be turned into a Flyable DLC.

my thought exactly! I wasn't expecting this kind of DLC... and ladies and gentlemen this is a good sign in my opinion. side note: MODS SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH CA, CAN'T USE ENTER HERE

Cockpits of other mirage DLCs could have been used for the arab mirages, and an F-104 pit could have been updated from the 1st gen. This would have meant more DLCs, and more money. I guess TW people do what they can at the moment.

Flyable Arab mirages will bring out the complete lack of Blue SAM. A Ground Unit DLC could fix that.

Edited by Gr.Viper

damn, my paypal money won't be available for me for few days... lucky you guys, that Avia and Zipper are must have

Can anyone confirm that there's a problem with the Mirage 5E2 (it already happened with an earlier Mirage DLC when a texture was used a normal map) ?

I just extracted the files, the bump maps are textures improperly converted...

Edited by Gunrunner

yeah just saw it.I wonder if this is good or bad for the future of SF?

These could have been selling points in other Expansion packs you could think - like a Vietnam expansion pack - hope its not a case of everything must go.

Wonder if the F-5A/E and MiG-25 will be along next

my thought exactly! I wasn't expecting this kind of DLC... and ladies and gentlemen this is a good sign in my opinion. side note: MODS SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH CA, CAN'T USE ENTER HERE

I thiught it was my comp! Def a site bugthen, tho nota prob on tablet. Erik did say he was starting to upgrade the site tho.....

Back on topic time for a Zipper ANG pack. And Paki, and Jordanian,and who else used the A?

Well, I haven't worked my way round everything in great detail yet, but just the F-104s alone would have kept me happy. They accept the SF1 cockpit perfectly. The Avias are beautiful too, decals aside, and the Mirages were quickly fitted with the V BA cockpit.

A good days shopping and a big thumbs-up for TK and his crew. Nice one.

yes, thumbs up (though I haven't bought these yet) and I think we'll see more. New map, maybe? Exp3? Who knows

Excellent DLC! Previous DLC's where things I had to consider first, but this one is a no brainer, If only because of the S-99 and S-199.

I read the S-99 is externally the same as a Messerschmitt Bf 109G. That makes for some nice skinning opportunities.

I might have to look into my 109G10 cockpit I keep in hiatus since 2011...

• Like 2

yes, thumbs up (though I haven't bought these yet) and I think we'll see more. New map, maybe? Exp3? Who knows

Whoa whoa there. Lets enjoy it a day before we start the speculation threads back up! :biggrin:

Still happy to have gotten my F-4N, but gotta try to convice the girls they should go in on this for father's day!

• Like 1

These are real nice. Nice skins, the F-104C has the missile catamaran as part of the .lod, what's not to like?

Can anyone confirm that there's a problem with the Mirage 5E2 (it already happened with an earlier Mirage DLC when a texture was used a normal map) ?

I just extracted the files, the bump maps are textures improperly converted...

Is this something we can fix ourselves?

I'm just being nasty that's all :tongue:

Guys, I'm trying without success to active the F-104A engine nozzle... even if I replace the ID figure. I suppose this is impossible because the model LOD... However I like this DLC IA!

Edited by Coupi

I read the S-99 is externally the same as a Messerschmitt Bf 109G.

Not only externaly. It was the Me-109G which was produced in czech factories after WW2 as long as original engines were available. The S-199 had an other engine, thatswhy the air intake is on the opposite side.

CZAFS-19901_zps95d39c3b.jpg

(excuse my modern pilot)

You can sell it as "a newly restored" S-199!

For S-99/199 in data.inis you have to set in fuselage section: ShowFromCockpit=false

Change the entry in the cockpit.ini to this:

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=Me-109E3_Pit

Position=0.100,-2.5,1.00

It's not perfect, but it's not far off.

not bad for the money...will get it...9 flyable a\c :)

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=Me-109E3_Pit

Position=0.100,-2.5,1.00

:ok:

I might have to look into my 109G10 cockpit I keep in hiatus since 2011...

yes please!!

as to s199 decals, I've got 25 historic ones done since 2006 (when i used wolf 109f as the 199. monty use these same decals on his s-199)

just have to dial in the locations

anyone notice the use of 'cannon boat' on the 199??