Skyviper

Girly Marine Hats ... Seriously?

Another news article that I just came across. I'm sure a lot of you will have a bunch to say about this one.

According to the New York Post, President Obama's plan to create a "unisex" look for the Corps has officials on the verge of swapping out the Marines' iconic caps with a new hat that some have derided as so "girly" that they would make the French blush.

"We don't even have enough funding to buy bullets, and the DoD is pushing to spend $8 million on covers that look like women's hats!" one senior Marine source fumed to The Post. "The Marines deserve better. It makes them look ridiculous."

Here's the full story.

I guess that leaves the russians as the only ones wearing manly hats.

Yeah, the super-manly mushroom-hats! :)

• Like 1

POTUS has nothing to do with the USMC hat choice. Even though it does look pretty stupid it still is the same hat they wore during WW 1.I hope they adopt it. It will give me something else to laugh at. God knows the Army completely screwed up all our uniforms before I retired.

SGM Dan Daly wearing the same cap.

post-38143-0-93143100-1382653551_thumb.jpg

Edited by CrazyhorseB34

Word came out today that they will not be changing the hats.

The hats are so ridiculous. Only the polish hats are a better joke.

God knows the Army completely screwed up all our uniforms before I retired.

Only gone through 20 sets of ACU pants and 8 tops since the wearout date on the BDUs. Multicam is ok, very fugly but at least the pant dont rip out in the crotch at the slightest attempt to bend or climb