Hi!!! I am thinking on starting a new project: The Balkans. I am planning to include Italy, the Adriatic Sea,  the Balnkan Peninsula and northern Greece. The setting will be the 1990's conflict and NATO intervention, but it will also be good for a WWII scenario. What do you guys think? I'll need some help with tiling and population, so if you are interested, I'll be glad to talk to you!!

• Like 3

It would be great for WWI too... Balkans, Adriatic, and Italian front

• Like 1

Moved to the Correct Forum

PLEASE!! Try to pay attention where you post things like this; otherwise, those that can help won't see it.

------------------

you do know there ARE 2 different Balkans terrains, in various states of build?

I've got Column5s, which is not very far along, and needs major retiling even before targeting can begin

Baltika has another, which is MUCH further along.

I have a pretty developed but not complete high res satellite based tiles and templates for Balkans terrain that I never finished. Will gladly pass it over...

There's this old wip, which Wrench mentioned, but it's not too much further along:-

http://combatace.com/topic/74862-has-anyone-done-a-balkans-campaignnato/?p=595118

Although, Brain, I would really like a look at your tiles, incomplete although the set may be.  First thing I usually do with any given tileset is whip up a few additional transition tiles from the core set, makes autotexture in TE a whole lot easier :blink:

In my humble opinion a Balkans terrain should be the main priority of the terra forming types. It is the missing link. You could run campaigns and scenarios from 1914 to 2014 there. My 2 cents. We have everything surrounding the FRY but not the FRY.

• Like 3

well, if Steve wants to pass me his, I can start on it after finishing the Norway/NorthSea map. Be after the beginning of year, and would most likely stick to 'stock' GCE tiles (that way can use mulit seasons by Stary.

my upstairs neighbor is from Serbia, so I have a (unwitting!) helper on tap!! (and she's good looking too -just don't tell my wife!)

Edited by Wrench
  • Like 1

During my time in the former Yugoslavia I have never seen a larger concentration of beautiful women in my life. Truth be told, I fell in love with the place during my on again off again travels in the region from 96-00. Would love to go back.

• Like 1

During my time in the former Yugoslavia I have never seen a larger concentration of beautiful women in my life. 

Shall they model them ?

During my time in the former Yugoslavia I have never seen a larger concentration of beautiful women in my life. Truth be told, I fell in love with the place during my on again off again travels in the region from 96-00. Would love to go back.

I agree, it is astounding how many beautiful women there are in the region.......I married one of them  :biggrin:  .........and I get to go back every two years and hang out on the Croatian coast, I was just back there this August.....Lots of Pivo, lots of grappa, lots of beaches, and lots of fun.

Concur there - some of them I have met have even had the audacity to come to the UK and put our native women to shame (not that difficult tbh) 

:biggrin:

you guys crack me up!!

Although, Brain, I would really like a look at your tiles, incomplete although the set may be.  First thing I usually do with any given tileset is whip up a few additional transition tiles from the core set, makes autotexture in TE a whole lot easier :blink:

I have tiles for Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Italy, and Greece with some transition, very high res at 2048x2048 and in nice PSD's

As soon as I find some time I'll upload the whole thing in our modder depository ;)

• Like 1

:biggrin:

you guys crack me up!!

Well you started it with your hot Serbian neighbour remark      :blum:

True.

and I'd do her in a HEARTBEAT!!!

I have tiles for Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Italy, and Greece with some transition, very high res at 2048x2048 and in nice PSD's

As soon as I find some time I'll upload the whole thing in our modder depository ;)

Nice one, thanks drinks.gif.pagespeed.ce.9olfNKsCP-.gif

@Wrench, Cast my eye over my old build, it's a bit rough around the edges, but I can knock it into some kind of shape and zip it up for you.

No rush as I see you are busy, may take some time, but let me sort it out.

At checksix.fr there is a very very old balkans terrain (I think it covers mainly Kosovo)

Truth be told, I fell in love with the place during my on again off again travels in the region from 96-00. Would love to go back.

Sheila loved that area too when she was there. Still can't stop saying great things about that place.