Sign in to follow this  
Derk

At last, we did it...

J35? Congratulations for choosing the Draken in place of that piece of plastic... Oh, damn! That 35... :biggrin:

• Like 1

congratulation !!!

by looking at this F-35 i must say i dont like it , compare to other fighters the whole thing looks clumsy and ugly , I hope that this bird does his job better than he looks , i´m glad that we dont have it

• Like 1

Marcel Dassault said long ago: "Only a nice plane is a good plane."

If i look on the F-35, then i hope for Holland, that Dassault was wrong.

We will see what is going to happen with the F-35, if a country like France with  budget , experience and resources has problems with a  "Less sophisticated fighter" (The Rafale)  , the F-35 may become a nightmare in countries such as The netherlands , Italy or Norway.... However congrats anyway.

Marcel Dassault said long ago: "Only a nice plane is a good plane."

If i look on the F-35, then i hope for Holland, that Dassault was wrong.

Luckily for the rest of us there are the sayings "Never judge a book by its cover" and "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

• Like 1

I guess Dassault never looked at the Mirage F1 or Super Etendard then. Not nice looking at all.

J35? Congratulations for choosing the Draken in place of that piece of plastic... Oh, damn! That 35... :biggrin:

Hi, hi, edited, started to write JSF and then changed my mind...  :bad:  :biggrin:

I guess Dassault never looked at the Mirage F1 or Super Etendard then. Not nice looking at all.

excuse me , compare to the F-35 the Mirage F-1 looks like a super sports car , the F-4 phantom was called a "Flying Brick" or "Double Ugly" but looks a tausend times better than that F-35

but i guess tastes differ :grin:

• Like 1

I always thought the F-35 looks like a smaller single F-22.

It looks a LOT better than the losing X-32! We could've been stuck with THAT. It looked like it had lockjaw and need a serious diet.

F-35 meh

But...a contrarian view would say that looks can conceal, especially when everybody hates and votes on a look. Probably the most silly and awkward looking planform is reverse taper. Republic's XF-91 had both a faster supersonic wing *and* a slower flying wing than any other fighter at the time. I wonder about roll rate though. Imagine what aviation would be like if reverse taper took hold in the 50s. Worse, what would a reverse delta planform look like, a mach2 butterfly?

300px-XF91-21republic.jpg

Fantastic - another way to solve adverse Yaw!

Here's another - Horten in WWII Germany solved both adverse Yaw and tailess flight (without using a computer)