Viggen

Any F/A-18 sims?

Figured I should ask before I add Janes F/A-18 to my Amazon cart. Are there any newer F/A-18 sims out? My searching hasn't provided me with any hope. Doesn't matter if it's Legacy Hornets or Super Hornets. I'm not looking for Falcon levels of realism, but certainly more than what Strike Fighters would offer. And before you suggest any payware items for FSX, I'm looking for doing more than shooting down clouds.

There was an F-18 Korea, but i don´t know if it was a variant of any other game or what. I googled it for nothing really interesting

There is Seven-G (which keeps getting its intro date pushed further and further into the future), but one almost gets the impression that it's turning into vaporware.

Jane's is currently still the benchmark, the Graphsim Hornet series is very simplified by comparison.

Before you dismiss all the FSX addons as being useless, PM 531Ghost.

Edited by Fubar512

Operation Enduring Freedom .. but the graphics are seriously lacking compared to SF North Atlantic.

I remember seeing this video .... ts for a classic flight sim released back in 2000

$9.99 here at this site http://www.gog.com/game/f_a_18e_super_hornet

Microsoft FSX F-18

This is neat I didn't know Microsoft had in them to make something like this.

While I down own it and haven't flown it, I understand the VRS Superbug with TACPACK is a very good way to go.

I have never been vert interested in the Super Hornet and as such never flew Jane's F/A-18 very much.

I would like to fly the original F/A-18A and as such can't wait for DCS F/A-18C, which is close enough for my purposes.

Operation Darius in the Downloads section.

• Like 1

You can fly the Hornet in F4 BMS, using F-16 avionics, but should be ok.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wb9yaniff70" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SH made an F/A-18 sim in 1993 IIRC.

There was also iMagic's iF/A-18E and Jane's F/A-18. For the 21st century, the only non-MSFS Hornet sims are the Graphsim ones, the last one I recall being based on the Iraq 2003 conflict.

So it's pretty much SF2 variants for me until ED gets theirs out.

"7 Combat missions, with varying degrees of difficulty"

Starting with Impossible, and working up to monolithic improbability if I remember correctly

There is Seven-G (which keeps getting its intro date pushed further and further into the future), but one almost gets the impression that it's turning into vaporware.

Jane's is currently still the benchmark, the Graphsim Hornet series is very simplified by comparison.

Before you dismiss all the FSX addons as being useless, PM 531Ghost.

FSX/Acceleration With the TAC PAC, now yer talkin'

Edited by 531Ghost