MigBuster

50 year ban?

Footballer Ricardo Ferreira handed 50-year ban after referee attack

A Switzerland-based amateur footballer has been banned for 50 years after kicking a ball in the referee's face and spraying him with water.

Portugal Futebol Clube defender Ricardo Ferreira has already served a 45-game ban for assaulting opposition players.

"I had expected one or two years maximum. But 50 years? Football's my life," Ferreira, 28, said.

The fourth-tier league's lawyer Robert Breiter said: "We do not want such a player in our league."

Speaking to Swiss newspaper Blick (in German),  Breiter continued: "Unfortunately we encounter such cases about once a year."

Ferreira had been an unused substitute in his team's match against SC Worb in the Bern league when he attacked the referee after the final whistle.

Ferreira will be free to return to footballing activity on 5 June 2064, by which time he will be 78.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29862380

:biggrin:

• Like 2

Its a correct ban. If a player countiniously attacks referees and other players then he should banned for ever.

Oh, oh, it's gonna be hell when he's back at his 78 th......

If he attacked a referee why is this not a criminal case?

• Like 1

Fuck him.

Have fun!

What he gets for playing a bitch ass sport.

Edited by CrazyhorseB34

When I first saw the title, my first thought was that the moderators were getting a little overly enthusiastic around here!

Edited by Sky High
  • Like 1

If he attacked a referee why is this not a criminal case?

Because criminal law is extremely difficult to apply on a sporting field where assaults are concerned. Recently in Australia, a rugby player was paralysed as a result of a tackle. No charges were laid.

Because criminal law is extremely difficult to apply on a sporting field where assaults are concerned. Recently in Australia, a rugby player was paralysed as a result of a tackle. No charges were laid.

If its player on player and a result of a screwed up tackle thats one thing, maybe accidental maybey not - as you say difficult to prove one way or the other, if the victim is the ref though then it should be easily provable as assault as players have no justifiable reason for going near the ref.

Craig

When I first saw the title, my first thought was that the moderators were getting a little overly enthusiastic around here!

me too. I was thinking: "what the hell did that person do?"

He should have thought about the consequences of his actions then..like we all have to...I say, f*** him and all that he owns