-1ed0b9d9d04d2bc9.JPG

• Like 1

Well...

This post's title was very misleading.

I kind of don't know what to do now...

giphy.gif

Edited by ironroad
  • Like 1

I already did such thing : it was great !!

Let's see, air temps below freezing (with a windchill effect making it feel well below freezing), and water temps that can cause hypothermia in mere minutes.... Yeah, that looks and sounds tempting  :biggrin:

Sorry, but warmer climes with great surfing are just a plane ride away.

• Like 1

I lived up in Alaska for a while once upon a time, and folks used to use those dry suits and surf the waves of Sitka. Looks awesome, but oh so very cold. But apparently the waves are worth it. 

Oh HELL NO!

as was telling someone else yesterday,  go to Bagram AF between October and April.  only deployment that i spent entirely in my fleece,  and quite frankly i am cured of such above shenanigans.

yes, i said shenanigans.

• Like 2

as was telling someone else yesterday,  go to Bagram AF between October and April.  only deployment that i spent entirely in my fleece,  and quite frankly i am cured of such above shenanigans.

yes, i said shenanigans.

I do love that fleece though.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm not a fan of cold water, even The Bay Area water was way too cold for me. I guess a wet suit would help though.

Cold air I have no issue with, just put on a jacket!

What's the point of surfing if it's too cold for bikinis?? I dunno, that's just my take from a country that's hotter than the Planet Mercury for 11 months of the year.

• Like 1

What's the point of surfing if it's too cold for bikinis?? I dunno, that's just my take from a country that's hotter than the Planet Mercury for 11 months of the year.

I really wish you hadn't mentioned bikinis. This video was taken on New Year's Day, 2015, just a few miles up the coast, in Asbury Park, NJ, during the annual Polar Bear Plunge. The air temperature was a balmy 30F (-1 C), and the surf temperature was about 41F (5 C).

I lived up in Alaska for a while once upon a time, and folks used to use those dry suits and surf the waves of Sitka. Looks awesome, but oh so very cold. But apparently the waves are worth it. 

As far as my experience goes and as far as I have been explained : you are not cold :

Either you are warm, either you are dead

And obviously, the suits were not bought on ebay from a dubious Chinese manufacturer.

Well...

This post's title was very misleading.

I kind of don't know what to do now...

giphy.gif

The air temperature was a balmy 30F (-1 C), and the surf temperature was about 41F (5 C).

Too hot for me, I hate global warming

Back to the Ice age !