Stary

Just tested A-Teams ETO -do they even test their stuff before releases?

Wrench, I very much appreciate and enjoy all the work you do for this sim, including all your original work like the Norway terrain, but I don't think you are in the right to claim the European terrain in the A-Team's ETO Mod as your own.

The ReadMe says that the original of this terrain was "ported to Strike Fighters by fng2k, Edward and Charles in July 2005". I have that terrain, and it has 255 target areas in it.

Your upgrades to this terrain  (January 2013) took it to 351 target areas, although in your ReadMe you claim the terrain as your own, without even mentioning two of the three original creators. I don't think it is right to do that.

The new (2014) version of the terrain in the ETO Mod has 655 target areas, way more than your version, plus it has seasonal tiles which your version did not, and it has loads of other terrain goodies like the Tower of London, Eiffel tower etc which your version didn't have. Your upgrades are credited in the ReadMe, but I just don't see how you can seriously say that the whole terrain is your work. It obviously isn't.

Stary: Feedback is always useful, I will pass that about the A-20 cockpit on to them.

whatever.

If you knew anything about terrains, and how to read the times stored therein, you'd see that MANY of those buildings items are taken from Gepard's Battle of Britan terrain.

But, it's patently obvious that you'd rather shill for DAT, then support the mainstream community. You can believe and say whatever you want.

I'm done here. And so is this thread

sub standard models...that dont get fixed...at least here we try to step forwards...ive some ateam stuff thats never been fixed that I threw away because of that...

sorry but my experience with ateam is quantity not quality in the main...

Stary and dsawan got banned from the A Team's site. hmmmmmm

Now none of us modders are even remotely perfect however in the A Teams case this is what is typical of their mods, everyone else fixing it for them. Then you bring it up, you're banned. If you do not believe me just ask the members here at CA who said something here and even in the most politest of forms, got banned from their site. Yes you are new to this but us old heads KNOW the deal. I am glad your experience has been good with them. However if Stary says something is fucky I can almost god damn guarantee he is right on the money. 

To quote myself.....

Apparently, so have I. And I was just there around noon time (pst) today

yup, funny

how they are going to explain now all the content Wrench and I did that is in their all in one installers huh?

it's the second time it happens to me there so it's like a visit to dentist by now lol

Well then you need to inform them that they need to remove all your stuff from their site. Nothing changes with those jokers.

Another thought, we need WWII stuff we have Veltro and Cocas.

I ask again, what ever came of FC s workaround of building in Blender, then exporting the obj file to max2009? I have it and max 15, but went to find a copy of max2009 and cant even find it to buy anymore, not to mention working in a free program is easier for most than droppin 900 bucks....

Just sayin, if we can find somecwork around on tgat or tweek the exporter to import newer version of max the talent pool might just go up

got an email from capon tonight.

I have NOT been banned! His ISP is having some "issues".

=============

Daniel has had some computer issues of late, and lost the bubbletop Jug files. He been trying to rebuild it from the razorback. And we still have several beaufighters to do as well.

But, unfortunately Real Life ™ keeps rearing it's ugly head for him.

I've got max 2009, but just haven't had time to learn it!!

Hmm might check again but mine says forbidden

Hmmmmm

His server is having issues. I just went there, and it gave me a forbidden message. It's a server thing.

Well then I retract my statements however that has been the case in the past.

So in the spirit of goodwill and no more misunderstandings lets put this one to bed. I am hoping that if you have a criticism of the A Team's work it won't be held against you because you post it here.

Sure

Dave you do know me by now and how utterly impulsive I tend to be lol

• Like 1

t'ain't locked yet. whats the deadline to quit bitchin bout A-Team? :biggrin:

• Like 1

now!

• Like 1