Spudknocker

suggestion for Green TV filter BMP's going forward

Hello Combat ace!  I found and changed a very small thing.  I changed all of the Greentvfilter BMP's in the aircraft folders to JPG's.  This seems to have made huge difference in terms of framerates and game smoothness especially when trying to dive onto a target through lots of flack to drop an LGB.  So I would highly suggest that new aircraft in the future should have the tv filters in JPG format!

• Like 2

Really?  If it works for real, this is a very important find, I'm guessing this applies to every other .bmp related to radar functions.

the game did use the radar, rwr and movingmap.jpgs in place of the bmp-s I checked, do not forget each item call-out has to be changed for these in the avionics.ini also. 

You can also rename greentvfilter.bmp to .tga, if you need a working alpha-layer.

See the picture. I once tried to give the radarscreen a more tv-screen-like look (curved edges) through changes of the alphalayer.

post-89464-0-25693900-1449343268_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Ya it definitely works I was flying around a rafale and was getting tired of the huge framerate drops and so I changed he green tv filter to a jpg and problem solved.

You can also rename greentvfilter.bmp to .tga, if you need a working alpha-layer.

See the picture. I once tried to give the radarscreen a more tv-screen-like look (curved edges) through changes of the alphalayer.

Looking good. Any chance to download it from CA?

Looking good. Any chance to download it from CA?

I'm not home during the week, so I can sent you the files next weekend if you want.

I'm not home during the week, so I can sent you the files next weekend if you want.

Sure. Can wait. Am at home at weekend also.

Hello

I encountered a porblem, I would like to have grey tv filters for the Jaguar.

I know that we still have to use the greentvfilter name (even though the screen is grey), but can we have different "greentvfilter" files for each aircraft ?

Last time, I could not

Hello

I encountered a porblem, I would like to have grey tv filters for the Jaguar.

I know that we still have to use the greentvfilter name (even though the screen is grey), but can we have different "greentvfilter" files for each aircraft ?

Last time, I could not

You should be able to have different files, I just took a look at one of the add-on aircraft I have the F-16C_B25 and in its cockpit folder is an "F-16C_TVgreen.jpg" file which is referenced in the "F-16C_B25_AVIONICS.INI" file. Unfortunately I don't have time to test it today.