Trotski

Getting it off my chest.

I am going to post this here, and I will possibly be reprimanded, however, I feel the need to state my feelings and views, I apologise if it ruffles any feathers, or presses the "wrong" buttons, so without further ado, I shall launch into my diatribe.

I have only just recently returned to the world of SF2/FE2 after a 2 year hiatus, I am so happy that the community is still going, if not as strongly as it was, ( as there are newer and more "advanced" sims out there now) as we all know, there are a few aircraft, and campaigns that require the downloading of models from A-teams site.

Now, when I was first into the Thirdwire sims, I of course registered with the A-Team site, and because I was a complete arse, I didn't read or take note of the rules and regs on that site, duly, I was leapt upon from a great height, and I deserved it as as I said I was being a total numskull. I was barred from the site, and that was an end of it. Now that was almost 4 years ago, and last month, I re-registered with the site, and was duly granted access. about 4 or 5 days later, I received an email from Capun, informing me I had be re banned , due to my previous mis demeanors, and I hadn't informed him that I had a prior ban, I replied to Mr Cesar, pointing out that as he was undoubtebly aware of this fact, I saw now cause to inform him of such, ( the prrof being , that he emailed me to tell me so ) I was then re granted access to the site but was limited to only 5 downloads per day, to which I agreed, as after all it is his site, and therefore his rules. Unfortunately, due to a mis count on my behalf, one day I downloaded 6 files instead of the stipulated 5, I wasn't even aware of the fact, until I realised I was yet again banned, and of course emailed Capun to enquire as to why, to which he replied, very tersely, that I had downloaded 6 files, and had thus broken my agreement. I emailed him back stating, that I was only aware of this fact because he told me so ( I hadn't even installed the dratted things) I informed Mr Cesar, that I suffer from P.T.S.D. and that sometimes my memory, or my attention span is affected, and that I hadn't done this deliberately, and was in error. However, the Great Mr Cesar, replied that he had heard all sorts of excuses , etc etc. and that the ban is final. I mailed him back stating, that Combat Stress is NOT an excuse, it is something that affects my judgement, concentration, and well pretty much everything. However, HWMBO. has chosen not to reply,

Now, I appreciate there are rules and restrictions which he deems apparently paramount, however, I do feel he is slightly out of order here, we all know he can be a cantankerous, humourless, and sometimes rude individual, and I was quite willing to follow his strictures and enforcements ( even though I feel sure the issues he was having with all the downloading, which caused him to put the rules there in the first place, no longer are actually an issue) So there you have it, I am sure the ....gentleman....in question, will read this, and I hope he takes on board that I feel he is unjust, unfair, I also feel slightly put out that he thinks P.T.S.D. is merely an excuse. I think that being so precious about his beloved files is totally ridiculous, surely, as those files enhance a simulation, and in some cases are needed for certain campaigns (Armchair aces for example) Also, as those files are freeware, even if they do have certain "copyright" appendices, then surely logically they should be available to the general population........Sorry if I have ranted on somewhat here, but I feel really quite annoyed by this...gentleman....attitude. I am aware there was some sort of falling out betwixt he, and thee , reasons which I am not privy to, and reasons I feel should not concern me as an end user. So now, due to his ridiculous, and quite unwarranted banning, I am denied the pleasure of the likes of Armchair aces, or flying a Tweet in Vietnam.

Anyhow, I could discourse on this ad nauseum, as it has really upset me, and I apologise if it is not an acceptable topic to post on here. however I felt I needed to put down in words, part of how I feel about this whole sorry affair.

Trotski.

PER ARDUA

• Like 1

Dont worry too much on this end. Welcome to a long line of us who have been banned fron dat idiots site!

• Like 1

There should be a campaign medal for being banned from A-Team.

I'll put this on my to-do list this is definitely an honor that needs recognition. Good idea.

• Like 6

trotski,

preaching to the choir, man.

NO one is immune to his vagaries; not even some of the most important people to sf2 community.

I also wanted to register there... at the same time I became CA member. I gave up immediately when I realized they require me to enter all my real real life personal data, but my blood type and MasterCard PIN

• Like 1

Capun is an asshole - the sooner you accept that the sooner you learn to move on and ignore him and his often half baked toys.

Craig

Well thanks for not bollocking me lol, I tried to be as polite as possible about it all, but I do rather hope that he may be infested with the flea of a thousand camels ( if they will have him) and be afflicted with the curse of T-Rex arms so he is unable to scratch. mind you he is obviously a "little" man any how with small penis syndrome, and just because his nam is Cesar, he thinks he is actually the re incarnation of Calligula.........I hope his files and he, are very cosy together.

PER ARDUA

• Like 1

I also wanted to register there... at the same time I became CA member. I gave up immediately when I realized they require me to enter all my real real life personal data, but my blood type and MasterCard PIN

Yeah that turned me off from that sight too.

I am alos among the banned people.

I think this is because I criticised his Viggen

and just because his nam is Cesar, he thinks he is actually the re incarnation of Calligula........

:) :)

Edited by jeanba

trotski,

preaching to the choir, man.

NO one is immune to his vagaries; not even some of the most important people to sf2 community.

Especially those people. How else is he going to keep your work private?  :rofl:  :search:

The unfortunate thing is, there are a few bit 'n bobs he has which modders on this far superior and friendlier site have enhanced, such as the Viggen etc, and things like the Swift , Scimitar , and attacker, which aren't available elsewhere ( or at least not that I have found) I have managed to get a few choice files such as the Viggen, and the skywarriors etc which have been revamped by Wrench and other modders, however t I didn't manage to get the scimitar, and attacker, also some of the First Eagles stuff I didn't manage to retrieve unfortunately. I wanted the Tweets and the connies too, but he killed my account before I was able to get 'em......the insufferable LITTLE man. it's just annoying and frustrating. Just as a point of interest, how legal are his so called "copyrights " ?

I'm friends to all mate, life is too short for silly political games, we have enough of those in real life !!

There should be a campaign medal for being banned from A-Team.

Dude you have won the internet for the month! One of the best Ideas I have heard in a long long long long time!

Feel free to add it to your signature.

achievements.gif

• Like 5

Sooner than later, There will be Modllers that will build Models of better Quality and function than He has..... It's a Matter of Time. Then Capun will be Non-Required (His sub-par Models) to this Community.......

(Had to do it. Just so I can be Banned for Life and get My Medal.)

331KillerBee

Hmmmm seems I have stirred up the hornets nest.....sorry 'bout that.......But as an ex serviceman, with a few scrapes and bruises, earned doing that particular line of employment, I don't take kindly to being disimissed or belittled by some REMF asshat, with his head so far up his own jacksie that he has a perma tan . he aint even got the stones to reply to me...so screw the wankspangle . Nuff said !!

• Like 2

Hmmmm seems I have stirred up the hornets nest.....sorry 'bout that.......But as an ex serviceman, with a few scrapes and bruises, earned doing that particular line of employment, I don't take kindly to being disimissed or belittled by some REMF asshat, with his head so far up his own jacksie that he has a perma tan . he aint even got the stones to reply to me...so screw the wankspangle . Nuff said !!

You haven't changed anything......this goes way back.

I'm stealing this word  :biggrin:

Craig

Yeah Wankspangle is a new word for me too.

Yep not the first and definitely won't be the last person who's graced our halls with such dignified accolades for that place. We always are so surprised when it happens that we silently rate the posts in the staff lounge from 1-10 on the funny scale. Have fun while you're here and welcome.  :blink:

I'm gonna ask the dumb question..

how do I get the image into my sig?? (hangs head in shame)