Kermanint

Is there anywhere else I can download mods from?

Hi everyone, I'd like to download more than 6 mods at a time but I'm hard on money so I can't afford a subscription. Is there anywhere else that I can download mods from? Thanks.

CombatACE has no equals. You're at the best place for mods.

But I have heard tale of the A-Team site having mods available. A word of caution the site owner will require a substantial amount of personal information from you with no guarantees that HE will ALLOW YOU to download mods. If you try too many times he'll lock your IP out.

• Like 1

Combat Ace is the place to come to, however if you go to the thirdwire website, and look under community, there are sites such as colum five etc where you can download, as for skunkworks.......be careful, Capun is a megalomaniacal wankspangle. Be warned !

• Like 3

C5's site, for al intents and purposes, is pretty much closed. None of the mods stored there have been updated since 2009. Those that are updated, are here at CA.

It's exists mostly for historical purposes

gotta love that them words, trotski!!! :biggrin:

• Like 2

That's true Wrench, but what I meant to say was there is no download limit on that site, if one was so inclined to download in bulk. Personally I would go with the 6 a day and enjoy , slower maybe , but enjoy anyhow.

I would go for the 6 a day and use the in between time to peruse the pearls of wisdom stored in this site.  :biggrin:

• Like 3

I believe You can go above 6 aday as you participate more in discussions, and more still if you add mods of your own.Not totally sure but havent loaded more than 6 mods in a day for a couple years. But this is the best site for GOOD mods for the SF2 series. Idiot team has some birds not found here, but many FMs are wonky (amongst other issues)

Nothing is better than CA. Just exercise a bit of patience and you'll be highly rewarded especially if you'll peruse the KB as claw suggested.

Hi everyone, I'd like to download more than 6 mods at a time but I'm hard on money so I can't afford a subscription. Is there anywhere else that I can download mods from? Thanks.

Combat Ace is without doubt the best site for Mods aircraft for the Strike Fighters series. So what if there is a limit to the number of aircraft you can download in a day, be patient and use the time to enjoy and fly your new 6 aircraft, perhaps even produce some new skins for these aircraft and give something back to the community. The Modders and Skinners at this site are some of the best around and I very much appreciate their generous work and I consider it a priviledge to download a new plane or a new skin from this site and then add it to my game. My only regret is that I am not very good at computer stuff and unable to do what these guys do. I consider myself lucky to be a member here and enjoy what is on offer, it is without doubt the best place to be for Strike Fighters aircraft Mods, skins, updates, patches and military aviation news etc.   :good:  :good:  :good:

• Like 1

I don't consistently visit a lot of websites. CA is one that I do.

I would carefully choose your 6 downloads a day. I don't know if there is a size limit but there are some fantastic mods like Desert Storm and NATO Fighters that will keep you very busy and include a lot of content in one download.

I concur with others on looking over the Knowledge Base. You will want to know how to build modded installs, for instance.

you come see me at sfp-1 modding discussion there's plenty for you to do,,and there is other places to download hidden in my threads,for sfp-1 and sfp-2

is that another site Yubba ?

is that another site Yubba ?

right here at combatace at sfp-1 mod and skinning discussion  I have some mods that all you have to do is edit some files,, plus,,

you could go to nato fighters column 5

• Like 1

my hat goes off to you guys that did green hell terrain, for wov makes for a nice flying experience,,just got a some what new dell box with a older dual core processor and 3gigs of mem and a medioaker 512 video card steel fury runs nice on it and wov flies great with new terrain.

you come see me at sfp-1 modding discussion there's plenty for you to do,,and there is other places to download hidden in my threads,for sfp-1 and sfp-2

Did you say "hidden"? :yikes:

:butcher:

• Like 2

Did you say "hidden"? :yikes:

:butcher:

well there's a couple places,, worst of it I forgot where I hidden them, you got all the those hidden links that I was looking for on that banner in your thread responce nice touch, not to toot my own horn just look for the threads that say hot down there at sfp-1 mod/skinning,,discussion that's me ,well some of them

,,beep beep.

ooopps didn't know I was talking to the owner,,we met over at subsim facebook..months ago..

Edited by yubba
  • Like 1

Since you're checking in Erik, am I correct that different statuses garner different limits? Again the last time I went past 6 a day was a few years back, possibly when I had a subscription. But if my memory isnt screwy, I had a 3 dl per day limit as a newbie and it went up as I talked more in the forum.

If I'm remebering wrong, well I am getting checked out by the VA for TBI............

Since you're checking in Erik, am I correct that different statuses garner different limits? Again the last time I went past 6 a day was a few years back, possibly when I had a subscription. But if my memory isnt screwy, I had a 3 dl per day limit as a newbie and it went up as I talked more in the forum.

If I'm remebering wrong, well I am getting checked out by the VA for TBI............

Yes that's been our standard since 2010 - 11'ish. It's the only way we could/can keep the doors open after 5,712,487 downloads. Talk about tooting one's own horn (sounds not included).

post-1-0-91926400-1347679822.png

That was added to a post in September 2012 to clear up some already in place download limits. http://combatace.com/topic/74864-downloading-from-combatace/

There were a few reasons for the implementation but the bottom line was budget. At the time it was costing us twice what we were making in income to sustain the masses and in any circumstance that would quickly end in disaster. These days we are 80 - 85% sponsored by our downloads and by publishing ads for Google. They each play about a 50% part in the money they add to our bottom line. Without them we'd be just another closed sign at the end of a web address.

Another thing to mention is I hope you guys know "we" as in CombatACE host all those other sites meaning they are on our equipment, we pay the bill. So downloading from them is the same as downloading from us it's all part of our bandwidth. Nobody has interfered with those downloads as that was never the intent of the site. However, as their sites continue to get older and older the source code they operated on will become obsolete which is why everything was moved here and, like was mentioned above, to preserve them for history and nostalgia sake. We are more than we appear always have been but are very glad to be a part of it all.

• Like 5

What about our French brothers at Check Six ?

Sorry I lost my link.

But kick in a subscription at least occasionally for the gruppe.

CL

Edited by charlielima

That's kinda funny I think. :rofl:

All those files in that link are from right here at CA. When you mouse over the links they all point to combatace.com/files/

I guess that's a good thing. :crazy:    We're like tumbleweeds, we're everywhere, look there goes one now.  :tumbleweed:    I'm kinda wondering when the OP will notice I donated a subscription on all your behalf to him? Anyone want to start a book and take bets?

Just me E

• Like 3

C6 was the home of the french developpers of the Mirage Factory (included BPAO), so lot of files were shared between all "Mirage Factory" sites

10 years ago, it was one of the primary SFP forum