This is why I was a little harsh in response to the F-14Z (plus I'd had a run-in with my shitkicker in-laws earlier, so sorry Gunrunner, you got both barrels of that!). This is a 15(ish) year old game, TK's moved on from this, pretty much only CA, Halcones, Emere, ID(iot) Team and a couple of other teams are keeping this alive, so contributions to the series, I feel, should be encouraged. There will be a Freespace 3 before there's a WO(X) 3. Hence why I was a little shitty regarding the response to the F-14Z, because it's a new (if derivative) model, and yeah, it's payware, but we've all pissed away more money on shittier products (for me, it was DCS which I'm no fan of). So when people come along and add legit, unimpeachable content to this game, I feel it should be encouraged. Christ, I'd do it if I had the time, good health and motivation to do it, because this is a great, modular sim!

Edited by SayWhatt
  • Like 2

Don't worry, I didn't feel attacked or offended, I perfectly understood where that came from and entirely respect it (even though I'm suspecting I missed a post before the thread was closed, but hey, I'm no stranger to being abrasive).

In fact my initial response came from the exact same place, because what the community doesn't need is more drama and modders with shady ethics; Fortunately it wasn't the case here as far as I've been able to determine, everything seems clean and legit, and I've said so after checking.

The main problem is that the code was not particularly optimised and modern at the time of release but there were enough hardware bottlenecks that it wasn't showing much but we reached the point where the code has become the bottleneck.

I got a question ,, that has nagged me over this payware,,, are they paying royalties to the owners and developers of the strike fighters series ???? 

Edited by yubba

What is this payware you're all talking about? i'm intrigued!

Crazyhorse -

You can't force your hand on this issue. I will not allow you to implicate this community in your illegal behavior and make us all pay for your mistakes. Everyone has been more than accommodating reading your colorful profanity but we're all done. So either back down on the issue and keep calm or I'll moderate your account more than just removing your PMs. You've taken me to task more than just this once. I don't remember what are we on round three or four now. You seem to have an issue with me doing what is best for everyone and not just you.

I have no issues with John Shelton or anyone else for that matter and I never did but I always seemed to get thrown into some dispute you all were having and here I am again 10 years later.

It's time to move on and let the community focus on doing what it enjoys and that's not listening to you rant or being party to your distributing illegal payware. 

As the ancient Tibetan Philosophy states, "Don't start none, won't be none!"

It's a game, guys. It's a game.

It's very easy to say that when it's not you who is damaged by such actions. That's like Napster telling the RIAA "it's a song guys. It's a song." Didn't quite work out for them and it's directly to the reason why our policy on the matter exists and why I so adamantly shut down even the thought of it. Machine's log everything don't risk it.

So what am I risking?

You told me to drop it then you try to threaten me.

I am not going to PM any payware models on CA.

But, you should cull the download section and remove ALL reskins or DATA mods of payware stuff to be compliant with your own policy.

I am cool, man. Just don't threaten me over something I ask to do to start with. I got it.

So what am I risking?

You told me to drop it then you try to threaten me.

I am not going to PM any payware models on CA.

But, you should cull the download section and remove ALL reskins or DATA mods of payware stuff to be compliant with your own policy.

I am cool, man. Just don't threaten me over something I ask to do to start with. I got it.

I wasn't talking to you if I was I would have quoted your text not to mention there's not a single threatening word in anything I said.

I am mostly playing "dead" games :

- SF2

-ROF

- XWing Alliance

I must be a zombie gamer

• Like 4

I wouldn't say its a dead game... the people here make it alive!  haha 

I think the biggest thing that could happen for the game would be a patch or some mod etc that would make the game more compatible with newer graphics cards and drivers 

• Like 1

I am mostly playing "dead" games :

- SF2

-ROF

- XWing Alliance

I must be a zombie gamer

I am most definitely a player of older games. SF2, ArmA2 Day-Z, Battlefield2, Falcon4.0 BMS. But they all are far from dead.

• Like 1