MigBuster

Top Gun 2 Maverick Trailer (Official)

"Only man to shoot down 3 enemy planes in the last 40 years"

Nigel Ward RN: three in the Falklands. (1x Puccara, 1x IAI Dagger and 1x C-130)

Cesar Rodriguez USAF: two in the Gulf and third in Kosovo. (2x MiG-29's and a MiG-23)

Edited by fallenphoenix1986
  • Like 7

Quick Throttle Back And Pull Some G Why? Avoids Compressor Stalls Still Love Tommy Cruise!!

• Like 1

The soundtrack seems to be great again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fallenphoenix1986 said:

Cesar Rodriguez USAF: two in the Gulf and third in Kosovo. (2x MiG-29's and a MiG-23)

Yup, that's a big historical error unless only in reference to the US Navy though.

@fallenphoenix1986 might also want to think about the Israeli, Iranian and Iraqi Air Forces at some point...

Edited by JosefK
Add MidEast air forces

8 hours ago, fallenphoenix1986 said:

Thought of that myself...maybe they meant in a single engagement?  Either way, it kind of looks to be in the same vein as the original, so I have a very fragile hope that it won't totally suck.  I might actually see it in theaters.

I tried to convince the wife to see the first movie together on Netflix.. she didn't want to..

now I have a year to try convince her see the 1st one at home and the 2nd at the theater.. :rofl:

Edited by Nesher
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

It is difficult to imagine a Top Gun movie without Tomcats. Anyway, let's see the final result.

18 hours ago, fallenphoenix1986 said:

I like C.W. Lemoines answer here.

• Like 1

I figured it was a reference to the US Navy specifically, epsc since Mavericks character is based on Duke Cunningham.

It looks radical. All the F-18 stuff was real footage. I'm stoked.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 6:06 AM, JosefK said:

Yup, that's a big historical error unless only in reference to the US Navy though.

@fallenphoenix1986 might also want to think about the Israeli, Iranian and Iraqi Air Forces at some point...

The two I stated were jst off the top of my head.

Any Israeli pilots I know by name got most of their kills in the 60's and 70's, I don't know any Iraqi's by name and the only Iranian I can think of would be Jalil Zandi .

• Like 2

**crosses fingers** please, please don't be a copy/paste knock off of the 1st one with agenda pushing bull crap spread throughout the movie.

Quick update: showed her the trailer, told her it's coming out next year and we're going to see it in theater... she said yes without the need to convince her

I also said we need to see the previous one, she also said yes... :cool:

I should have went to fill out a lottery card, probably would have won the big prize that day haha :lol:

See you in 2020 Maverick!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Commander Richard M. (Dick) Bellinger is one of the truly unique characters in U. S. naval aviation history. “Belly One” or “Belly,” as he was affectionately known, was a one-of-a-kind fighter pilot who may have seemed somewhat of a dinosaur by the 1960’s. He was a real “throwback” to an earlier era in air combat and had a notorious reputation as a “raging bull” who often seemed out-of-control. He flew U. S. Army Air Corps bombers in World War II, transferred to the Navy after the war, and flew combat missions in Korea. He was first the XO of VF-162 "The Hunters" on the Oriskany’s and later became the squadron’s CO.

On 7/19/2019 at 11:17 AM, mono27 said:

It is difficult to imagine a Top Gun movie without Tomcats. Anyway, let's see the final result.

I was inspired by the first movie especially with those heavier Tomcats going up against the much more nimble and manouverable little A4 Skyhawks in the training sessions at Miramar.  I think it will be hard to beat the original movie but I am always ready to watch something new. I would have preferred a sequel to the original movie to be set within the same time frame or perhaps a few years later but we have got to move with the times I suppose.

I will certainly watch it when it arrives.

Last Best Plausible Situation Was O'Grady Loss In Kossovo With Gene Hackman As Admiral In UN Position Many Movies Nowadays Portray Unrealistic Scenarios And Glorify Unknown People. O'Grady Was Saved And Yes We Love Wilson The Soccer Ball From Cast Away!!

Will it match the thrills of the original, or simply be The Mummy flies again.

TomCruise-TheMummy.jpg

I Always Thought Of Maverick To Be The Son Of Dick Bellinger The Other Navy Unknown Ace Besides Cunningham In The Vietnam Conflict And A Maverick In His Own Right The Episode With Tom Skeritt On A Sunday Talking To Maverick About The Classified Nature Of What Happened On His Dads Demise (Fictional) Fits Perfectly With The Characters Personalty AKA John McCain!