swambast

2020 Critical Update for every Terrain

The Hot Dog Stand is over a decade old; time for the new 2020 “Swambast” overhaul edition!

This version is based on an actual hot dog stand known as “The Dog House.”  It was owned by Dick Portillo who spent his family’s life savings to open up a hot dog stand in 1963.  The hot dog stand was originally inside a cramped trailer located 18 miles west of Chicago, Illinois (USA).  In my opinion, my version does a good (not great) job of replicating the original considering the FPS/performance balance I wanted to maintain.  Also, I took it off the trailer and made it more of a solid fixture.  

As always, I get suckered by details, so I added in the working "grill smoke" and a delicious “hot dog combo meal.”  Also, thought it would be fun to create a custom destroyed model that has burnt hot dogs scattered everywhere (:lol:).  

Working on a few final tweaks including hit boxes/collision mesh but should be ready soon.  

P.S.  

@Wrench:  time for your “Wrench’s Weiners” hot dog stand to be updated.  PM me with some details and I’d be happy to make it for you.  Also, might have a surprise for you regarding the early genre firetruck you were looking for at one point.

HotDogStandComparisons.thumb.jpg.7f76dc32530497d12ab3c7e13a69e91a.jpg

Swambast_HotDogStand2020_002.thumb.jpg.c02a2252a7818f4ec4ef817183498a19.jpgSwambast_HotDogStand2020_001.thumb.jpg.643f54de03fafe2eef106be2041a6573.jpg

Swambast_HotDogStand2020_003.thumb.jpg.cdafa205033a0dae89dc7d6d63a93f27.jpg

Swambast_HotDogStand2020_DESTROYED.thumb.jpg.780b6659bb020243a1d69ce8e026e4b4.jpg

Edited by swambast
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Hot tamales and they're red hot, yes she got'em for sale...

• Haha 2

buhbuhbuh....

blown up before i could get a tamale.

you bastard!:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

oh my f-king g*d!!!!

:bowdown2:

the one I've been using all these years is from Major Lee, and I believe HE got it from the 3W sim "First Flight" (flying the Wright 03 FLyer). Of course, I'll still use the old one for various countries (Falafal King in the Mid-East, or on the Vietnam 48 map -see below)

OUTSTANDING!!

DA, are you sure it was bombed from above, or destroyed via an "internal" explosion of escaping gasses??? :biggrin:

phohut-1.jpg

• Haha 3

Thanks Wrench, glad you like them - it was actually pretty fun so thought I'd keep the momentum going...  

Of course, I'll still use the old one for various countries (Falafal King in the Mid-East, or on the Vietnam 48 map -see below)

Well now that you said that, how about having a choice?  Thought I'd start with the Mid-East variant.  I did some research and came up with this low-poly highly optimized design with modeling time about 2 minutes, and texture time in hours...LOL

Anyway, hope it is another upgrade option for your Mid East "Falfael King"... :haha:

image.png.3d085a4bc77ca3d7b959962b735fe87b.png

image.png.99bf005ab6e572b0731d3c4b4ee21eef.png 

image.png.5b37bd8d2cb8592357c490806faea91d.png

image.png

Edited by swambast
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I did start the Enclosure and buildings Osama was shot in..(HOORAHHH) ..will see if can find it

• Like 1

The black smoke coming from the chimney... really hot stuff inside !! :skull:  :biggrin:

• Haha 1

On 05/01/2020 at 9:56 PM, swambast said:

Anyway, hope it is another upgrade option for your Mid East "Falfael King"... :haha:

image.png.3d085a4bc77ca3d7b959962b735fe87b.png

image.png.99bf005ab6e572b0731d3c4b4ee21eef.png 

image.png.5b37bd8d2cb8592357c490806faea91d.png

image.png

Very nice. Made me get felafel for lunch today!

You may want to remove the Hebrew writing from above the shop name if you’re going to use it outside any of the Israel terrains.

56 minutes ago, allenjb42 said:

Very nice. Made me get felafel for lunch today!

You may want to remove the Hebrew writing from above the shop name if you’re going to use it outside any of the Israel terrains.

I haven't had falafel in a long time myself, oh well, looks cool though.

• Thanks 1

Very nice. Made me get felafel for lunch today!  You may want to remove the Hebrew writing from above the shop name if you’re going to use it outside any of the Israel terrains.

Ha, ha - that's great.  Thank you for the nice suggestion, I'll be sure to remove that as it will allow more diversity.

Hi there ! Awesome job indeed ! Where can I possibly find it and DL, please ?