On 22.6.2024 at 9:04 PM, Gepard said:

A MiG-21 version which we still need is the MiG-21-93 alias MiG-21BISON.

New cockpit canopy and windshield, chaff flare dispensers over the wingroots, deceptive jammer in the tailfin, Kopyo radar with capability of detecting a MiG-21 size fighter at 57 km and engaging two targets at the same time.

well, @torno got something in the oven...

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/51485-wip-o-trabajos-en-progreso/?do=findComment&comment=813436

• Like 2

16 hours ago, FLOGGER23 said:

BTW, no F-13 was ever camouflaged in Soviet service, am I right?

As far as i know the soviet MiG-21F-13 were all metallic in the frontline units. For air show displays some planes got red markings on upper wings and fuselage.

It may be possible, that some MiG-21F-13 were used long enough in training units to get the air superior "blue grey" skin, which came in the early 1970th or late 1960th. But i have not seen photos of a camouflaged soviet MiG-21F-13.

2 hours ago, Gepard said:

As far as i know the soviet MiG-21F-13 were all metallic in the frontline units. For air show displays some planes got red markings on upper wings and fuselage.

It may be possible, that some MiG-21F-13 were used long enough in training units to get the air superior "blue grey" skin, which came in the early 1970th or late 1960th. But i have not seen photos of a camouflaged soviet MiG-21F-13.

Found this

UHzVh.jpg.005ef41618f432d022b83fa36ba2432d.jpg

One more (there will be lots of questions here) I have seen in the wings some panels that seem like a brass allow, or something of the kind, was this somehow visible in service? I recall I saw it (ish) in Poland and The Netherlands

wing_s.thumb.jpg.e09493597751109333df2f4244781c2e.jpg

The skin of the MiG-21 was made mostly by different aluminium alloys. This alloys had a slightly differnd tendency to oxigation. Thatswhy different colors of "aluminium rost".

In service the planes were always clean and polished, so had "rost" no chance.

• Like 4

MiG-21MF with Souli.😎

20240710_154827.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

Nice seen you there Carlo!

Guys, one more: as I start to work on the cockpits for the first models my question will be regarding colors, I have seen the F/F-13/PF/PFM/U and some US's as having the cockpit tubs in some sort of gray (may have seem more than one shade of gray) and black dashboards (S seems to have a black panel too) then they moved to an almost all in turquoise, (M/SM/MF/SMT/Bis/US/UM) dashboard included.

Is this about right guys?

With this i mean planes in service, i understand there were some repaints later which, possibly, will be added as time allows.

Happy to read your comments, everything helps.

Edited by FLOGGER23