Coupi

USAF F-16A Block 15 (Mirage Factory) for SF2 ?

Posted (edited)

Hello my friends, :smile:

Do we have any USAF Block 15 F-16A (Mirage Factory) for SF2 with his own improved LOD files and skins ?

I've found 'only' in the SF2 section the F-16A (ADF) by the Mirage Factory and the F-16A Block 10 by Thirdwire mods.

I've tried to modify one of the European F-16A (MLU)... after having deleted several items. But this is not totally good ! :doh:

Have a nice day ! :hi:

P. 

Edited by Coupi

How About these? They're Block 15's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

reading it, i think he's looking non ADFs. however

these have Block 15 A's and new (well since TMF anyhow) Block 15 B's in the packs.  models by ravenclaw_007 who had the max files from Team Viper

• Like 2

Ok ! Top !!! Many thanks my friends ! :good: P.

another note

i believe that the bulk of the Team Viper releases were primarily Gen 2 upgrades of TMF birds (with other bits added for general improvement in technique and technology over the time that had passed)

although im sure someone will be along shortly to correct me if im wrong :lol:

you needing templates too, or just looking for something to throw in your install?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, daddyairplanes said:

another note

i believe that the bulk of the Team Viper releases were primarily Gen 2 upgrades of TMF birds (with other bits added for general improvement in technique and technology over the time that had passed)

although im sure someone will be along shortly to correct me if im wrong :lol:

you needing templates too, or just looking for something to throw in your install?

Hi, :smile: after viewing the LOD file of the F-16A Block 15 I have noticed its LOD file is older (2009) than the LOD of the beautiful F-16B Block 15 (2022).

It would be interesting to update the F-16A Block 15 one to the same SF2 level... if this is possible. :biggrin:

P. :hi:

Edited by Coupi

Posted (edited)

JAT81500 made me a specific version of the updated F-16.lod for the Pakistan F-16A and B Block 15 OCU MLU. I was using it a decade ago for my what if New Zealand F-16A/B. I had him do the MLU version as it can be used for the standard Block 15 OCU also by simply removing the nodes in the data.ini for the IFF, PIDs and fuselage/ wing strengthening plates. I'm sure he wont mind me sharing it after all these years.

F-16ABM_PAK.7z

F-16Aocu.thumb.jpg.0880868df86ecba7e4b72d684914da06.jpg

F-16AM.thumb.jpg.4a4d52b635dfcf5a3987843e9fb03c2a.jpg

Non MLU cockpit textures:

F16-006.thumb.jpg.a66981a604734d9ff0295d0c5cf4b860.jpg

Edited by dtmdragon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coupi said:

Hi, :smile: after viewing the LOD file of the F-16A Block 15 I have noticed its LOD file is older (2009) than the LOD of the beautiful F-16B Block 15 (2022).

It would be interesting to update the F-16A Block 15 one to the same SF2 level... if this is possible. :biggrin:

the B model was made by request of yours truly around the same time the ADF was done. in fact many two seaters were done in 2022 and i think teh only one really missing now is a good Block 10 B model (sorry the one in the Gen 1 section is hot garbage. and yes, i tried playing with it)

as for the single seaters.....  we have very few modelers and most are very busy with other projects or RL at the moment.  so it will be a longer two weeks rather than a shorter 14 days im afraid....

• Like 1

i do have the 3ds max file for the A/B MLU Vipers , if you tell me what you need i maybe able to help you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ravenclaw_007 said:

i do have the 3ds max file for the A/B MLU Vipers , if you tell me what you need i maybe able to help you

Hello ! :smile:

In fact through the TMF F-16A I seek an alternate solution to solve the problem of their wing tip rail angle but fixing from the LOD file it must be a heavy case ... 

So my test with the LAU-129A rail mod I've found at CA. I know this is not the right rail. :doh:

P.

665efa5c9f1f5_WingTipRailTest.thumb.jpg.99a0e624016508a7e11e83ea70822857.jpg

i could change the rail angle , in the moment the angle is by -2° what angle to you like to have ??? and what launch rail you want

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ravenclaw_007 said:

i could change the rail angle , in the moment the angle is by -2° what angle to you like to have ??? and what launch rail you want

In the data.ini file of several TMF F-16 versions I have tested these attachment angles "0.0,0.05,90.0" . :smile: P.

Edited by Coupi

Posted (edited)

ok this is how it looks on the aircraft right now ( standard )

Image2.thumb.jpg.bdb3d054803d18ade082390929d1df79.jpg

this is how it would look if i align the tip missile to the  other one on the outer pylon ( swivel by +2° ) like on your picture

Image4.thumb.jpg.640b9dc3ab7153e9ced89485baa01e78.jpg

to swivel it by 5,9° up or down would look very strange to say the least

i think if i remember correct the problem on the TEAM VIper F-16 is more on the pylon angle than the angle of the wing tip launcher , but that is my 2 cent , so i would go with the standard version 

Edited by ravenclaw_007
  • Like 1

Swiveled by +2° seems to be the best way ! :good: P.

ok , do you need the search light on the left front or with out it ???

that is how it looks if i swivel the outer pylon by -1° and the wing tip remains standard

Image7.thumb.jpg.f4bb1bf18ac46aefcb45e5a85728d59a.jpg

Posted (edited)

keep in mind that on the real aircraft the missiles have a nose down position especially on the wing tip

Image1.jpg.608ce9947772d0aaf8366e1ba26914c5.jpg

Edited by ravenclaw_007

IIRC the TMF ac have the wingtip launchers OK but the wing launchers are at 0 angle.. dont know about the wing pylons (tanks/bombs)
And the 370 Gal tanks should have their own integral pylons

1 minute ago, Crusader said:

IIRC the TMF ac have the wingtip launchers OK but the wing launchers are at 0 angle.. dont know about the wing pylons (tanks/bombs)
And the 370 Gal tanks should have their own integral pylons

same on the Team Viper thats why i posted the last picture with a -1° for the outer missile pylon , i think that would be the most correct way to display it 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Coupi said:

Swiveled by +2° seems to be the best way ! :good: P.

is it the F-16A Block 15 ADF that you need or wich version is it exactly that you want

i think you better go with the -1° for the outer missile pylons , that looks more like on the real aircraft

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, ravenclaw_007 said:

is it the F-16A Block 15 ADF that you need or wich version is it exactly that you want

i think you better go with the -1° for the outer missile pylons , that looks more like on the real aircraft

Ok for these updates ! 

I would need the F-16A Block 15 (without search light) and if this is possible the F-16C block 30... :biggrin:

Many thanks ! 

Edited by Coupi

2 hours ago, Coupi said:

Ok for these updates ! 

I would need the F-16A Block 15 (without search light) and if this is possible the F-16C block 30... :biggrin:

Many thanks ! 

just give me some time and i see what i can come up with

do you need the bird slicer or should i remove them ???

8 hours ago, ravenclaw_007 said:

just give me some time and i see what i can come up with

do you need the bird slicer or should i remove them ???

Hello ! Ok super ! Thank You ! :good:

About the bird slicer keep them please.

Have a nice day ! 

P.