Coupi

USAF F-16A Block 15 (Mirage Factory) for SF2 ?

2 hours ago, Coupi said:

Hello ! Ok super ! Thank You ! :good:

About the bird slicer keep them please.

Have a nice day ! 

P.

and the bulg on the vertail , remove or you want it ???

13 minutes ago, ravenclaw_007 said:

and the bulg on the vertail , remove or you want it ???

Keep it please. :drinks: P.

1 minute ago, Coupi said:

Keep it please. :drinks: P.

So the ADF but with out the search lights and the outer missile pylons down by -1° , right ???

46 minutes ago, ravenclaw_007 said:

So the ADF but with out the search lights and the outer missile pylons down by -1° , right ???

Right my friend ! :good:P.

Posted (edited)

here is the F-16A_B15 , it is a complete aircraft folder , the decals are from the ADF version so you have to make your own , this aircraft is using .jpeg skin 

F-16A_B15.7z

here is the F-16C_B30 , it is only the lod and the data.ini , PLEASE keep the original as a copy in case something is wrong , this aircraft is using still the .dds skin

F-16C_B30.7z

and please copy the Boom texture from the F-16A_B15 to the F-16C_B30 , i added this little feature to the aircraft

in case you want something to be added , changed or removed let me know :drinks:

Edited by ravenclaw_007
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ravenclaw_007 said:

here is the F-16A_B15 , it is a complete aircraft folder , the decals are from the ADF version so you have to make your own , this aircraft is using .jpeg skin 

F-16A_B15.7z

here is the F-16C_B30 , it is only the lod and the data.ini , PLEASE keep the original as a copy in case something is wrong , this aircraft is using still the .dds skin

F-16C_B30.7z

and please copy the Boom texture from the F-16A_B15 to the F-16C_B30 , i added this little feature to the aircraft

in case you want something to be added , changed or removed let me know :drinks:

Ok ! Top !!! Many thanks !!! :hi:P.

ok, i'll ask

any chance on reworkin that Block 15 into a Block 10, particularly the B model?

here's the quick version on minor differences, wil send book references later if needed (typin this right before steppin out of the house)

GeneralDynamics_F16A_Block-vergelijk.thumb.jpg.d528767145db2f273f2c6bce9397ffc2.jpg

the major difference of course being the smaller straight tailplane as opposed to the larger, notched one

• Like 2

2 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

ok, i'll ask

any chance on reworkin that Block 15 into a Block 10, particularly the B model?

here's the quick version on minor differences, wil send book references later if needed (typin this right before steppin out of the house)

the major difference of course being the smaller straight tailplane as opposed to the larger, notched one

i would need the exact differences , best with good pictures , so i can make the changes

that is what i have now for the F-16A_B10 , let me know if i missed something

Image2.thumb.jpg.db053ebdebd4f449cf4b8bd8c7bf261c.jpg

Image4.thumb.jpg.2e7566c51e01e428dd404e1ad742bdac.jpg

Image6.thumb.jpg.3053392b203335f70369f8c59b6ab870.jpg

Image8.thumb.jpg.0a1c0b83072609f205429a3641879bc4.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

did the Block 10 have this vents ( red arrow ) or do i have to remove them ???

Image2.thumb.jpg.abb6425f72fc298c9d611578917e0e0f.jpg

Yes

The left one is the ECS vent that had a larger cover fitted later.

Posted (edited)

Block 10
- check tailplane size,  the enlarged version that came with Block 15 has more area on the leading edge too and not only the bigger trailing edge
This (large-area leading edge) is wrong on the TW F-16A, iirc
- fuselage pylon, there are two -  1 for tank/bombs, a shorter and shallower pylon for ECM pods (missing on all F-16's iirc)
- wing weapons pylons - only 1 type (size/shape) for all 4 wing positions (the short one on the model is correct)
The longer pylon presently on the innermost position is for large 600 370 Gal tanks - both tank and pylon are jettisoned as one unit
EDIT large 600 Gal tanks have their own pylon, its a export F-16C thing
- Block 10/15 have only the 2 rearmost C/F dispeners, not the 2 extra on the LH side

Edited by Crusader
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, ravenclaw_007 said:

Image2.thumb.jpg.db053ebdebd4f449cf4b8bd8c7bf261c.jpg

796b7fb9-c4e9-4dfd-abe8-d559a1a8919d_text.gif.5412435e9b8e601552e6cad85c3b9df9.gif

or reskin the Reserve birds anyhow

:biggrin::drinks:

especially great since 363rd is on this years to do list, right after they changed from a TRW to a TFW......

I think to prepare skins of the USAFE 401 TFW which use the Block 15 F-16A between 1983-1988 from Torrejon AB in Spain. :smile:

The Light Weight Fighter par excellence !

img00003.thumb.jpg.242ee61a9dbb559e2e6b7298a9987bde.jpg

• Like 2

including the special tails an nose arts?

1 hour ago, daddyairplanes said:

including the special tails an nose arts?

Ok ! :good:

Posted (edited)
On 05/06/2024 at 2:56 PM, ravenclaw_007 said:

F-16A_B15.7z

My friend, :smile:

Would be it possible to reverse the animation ID 1 and 8 from the F-16A_B15 LOD file ?

I would like to sync the opening canopy between the LOD of the plane and the LOD of its cockpit. I'm using the original TMF "A" cockpit.

Thank You, 

P.

Edited by Coupi

2 hours ago, Coupi said:

My friend, :smile:

Would be it possible to reverse the animation ID 1 and 8 from the F-16A_B15 LOD file ?

I would like to sync the opening canopy between the LOD of the plane and the LOD of its cockpit. I'm using the original TMF "A" cockpit.

Thank You, 

P.

animation 1 is the whole landing gear so i like to avoid that , why dont you edit the cockpit.ini file ??? and link the cockpit animation to the aircraft one

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ravenclaw_007 said:

animation 1 is the whole landing gear so i like to avoid that , why dont you edit the cockpit.ini file ??? and link the cockpit animation to the aircraft one

My friend, I've tried but this doesn't run. If this is impossible, forget my idea about this... :biggrin: P.

Instrument[096]=Canopy

----- Canopy Activation -----

[Canopy]
Type=EXTERNAL_ANIMATION_LINK
NodeName=inside_canopy
MovementType=ANIMATION
AnimationID=1
ItemNumber=1

Canopy.jpg.ab4d83f54c67ac48a0ede76de86d26a6.jpg

3 hours ago, Coupi said:

My friend, I've tried but this doesn't run. If this is impossible, forget my idea about this... :biggrin: P.

Instrument[096]=Canopy

----- Canopy Activation -----

[Canopy]
NodeName=inside_canopy
MovementType=ANIMATION
AnimationID=1
ItemNumber=1

you have to set it up like this ItemNumber is the animation slot from the aircraft , AnimationID is the animation slot for the cockpit 

[Canopy]
NodeName=inside_canopy
MovementType=ANIMATION
AnimationID=1
ItemNumber=8

this is how it looks on my F-4E´s and it works fine , important is that you get the right node name

[Canopy]
NodeName=CanopyFrame01
MovementType=ANIMATION
AnimationID=1
ItemNumber=3

if you have problems with it send me the cockpit.ini and i will have a look at it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We don't discuss their "stuff" here.

Posted (edited)

That and File404 is kinda a popular 3D artist. Note that you can probably get it on TurboSquid and solve that "issue" with getting a better model and the like. Hell File404s models have been used in a defunct DCS project I was working on years ago and seems to be part of the YAP-RW model too.

Edited by EricJ

23 minutes ago, Wrench said:

not to mention the "old" model is freely available and still able to be tweaked by an original modeler on the project (in case you havent been following all of this thread) with out need of fake pilots

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wrench said:

Ok, I deleted "stuff".

• Like 1

additional (and optional) fix on the Block 10:  number of vents around the gun muzzle.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.6cd9732fbc3e211ee7489c6f30bd41ac.jpg

the C is on the lower left, the A is on the upper right. this can be adjusted on skin, or you can tweak the model.  sorry, just something else that popped in mind

• Like 1