-
Posts
13,473 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
64
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Downloads
Store
Everything posted by Flanker562
-
It is the best that I can do, it's good enough for civilian work I guess Anyways this is the dirtified skin for the Swordsman mod: It's just a rough skin with decal support. If you want to make your own skin with this go ahead as usual, it's fairly dirtied up. I didn't dirty the Phoenix pallets too much (I think I know where it is at on the template) but figured that they would be cleaner than normal. I also didn't do the nose as most are fairly clean in my pictures so didn't bother. Works ONLY wit the TW F-14A (77). Can be found under USN Weathered TPS in the skin menu. USNGREY14.7z
-
Agreed daddyairplanes
-
Look, I can be lazy and not make one either... I mean sure somebody is going to but not me, no I would never do that...
-
Well at least we'll have a legit model though rather than a pirated one. As long as a template is available I don't think one skin will matter.
-
Some more dirtying up work. It's not exact as I would like (I can only do so much with PS) but I like how it's turning out. Just have the wings and tailplanes to do and I'll try and make another Swordsman mod compatible skin for use if anybody wants to. It should be noted that the rust that's on the bottom is from pappychecksix's template and not mine, but I left it in there for looks as it looks pretty good.
-
I think I'm good with it, as most of the skins are just single pieces that represent a bird that has a good Modex. Most CAG birds and the like are good to do as I don't have to worry about decals and the like, but I'll keep my options open.
-
The template is high res so I won't do a .tga decal for weathering, it's a bit much doing it on the skin rather than a decal. And I don't have much love for decals, especially when you can just paint it on the texture. I have yet to do decal work for the TW F-14A (I want to do a late Iran bird, but I can't access the DLC in which the TW one is) and probably limit that to the Modex if anything.
-
Noticed that the Tomcats were a bit clean, and decided to dirty it up a bit. I'll probably do a generic one for Swordsman's mod:
-
View File TW F-14A VF-111 CAG This is a rendition of the VF-111 CAG aircraft, year unknown. KNOWN ISSUES: The shark mouth is a "best fit" and not totally accurate for rivet counters. It was a hit or miss more or less in figuring out the mapping for the nose and this is the best I can come up with. Also the tail insignia isn't matching, again due to mapping issues. I had hoped to represent the tails better but this is what I could come up with. It's not as forgiving as the TMF bird in terms of texture mapping. Simply follow the file structure and go fly. It can be found under "VF-111 CAG" in the skin selection menu. Submitter EricJ Submitted 02/24/2022 Category F-14
-
- 2
-
-
Uploaded and awaiting approval.
-
Version 1.0.0
83 downloads
This is a rendition of the VF-111 CAG aircraft, year unknown. KNOWN ISSUES: The shark mouth is a "best fit" and not totally accurate for rivet counters. It was a hit or miss more or less in figuring out the mapping for the nose and this is the best I can come up with. Also the tail insignia isn't matching, again due to mapping issues. I had hoped to represent the tails better but this is what I could come up with. It's not as forgiving as the TMF bird in terms of texture mapping. Simply follow the file structure and go fly. It can be found under "VF-111 CAG" in the skin selection menu. -
More progress. Unfortunately the tails weren't working for me so one side is correct, and the other side "looks okay" by my look at it. The mapping is weird and adapting the stuff to the TW bird is a little rough, but as you can tell it looks okay though, enough to pass some muster I suppose:
-
-
Decided to do this VF-111 CAG. Since the squadron was disestablished in '95 I guess I can apply it to the F-14A. The hardest part is cleaning up the shark mouth as it works so far, but needs some fine tuning in order to wrap around the nose, which is me figuring out how the nose is mapped:
-
Not that I know of. The game wasn't meant to be flown like Ace Combat and such.
-
View File TW F-14A Maverick Scheme [Fictional] Adapted from my MF F-14 scheme for the new Top Gun 2 movie, this is just the skin adapted for the TW F-14A. The file is setup for easy installation, simply follow the file structure scheme and you will be good to go. It's selectable under "Maverick Scheme" in your drop down menu for schemes and go fly. Submitter EricJ Submitted 02/23/2022 Category F-14
-
- 1
-
-
Uploaded and awaiting approval.
-
Version 1.0.0
103 downloads
Adapted from my MF F-14 scheme for the new Top Gun 2 movie, this is just the skin adapted for the TW F-14A. The file is setup for easy installation, simply follow the file structure scheme and you will be good to go. It's selectable under "Maverick Scheme" in your drop down menu for schemes and go fly. -
-
-
Some other forums get on people with starting a new topic without searching first, so it's an ingrained response. So it could be that rather than going out of their way to annoy you.
-
Yeah that's the one I did for you back awhile ago. Maybe I'll do it for The TW cat then...
-
Got my laptop so I'm almost setup. I just need to figure out what I am going to do. I'm thinking of making a version of the F-14 from Top Gun 2 but I'm sure the one in the movie is a D and not an A. But then again I could make it whatever. Still not sure what unit to go over given the dearth of stuff for it. But I'll find something for sure. Or I'm open to suggestions as well given I can't figure out where to start.
-
Well once I get a new laptop sent to me I will see about doing more planes. What I don't know as my reference folder is pretty thin.
-
I like the Aggressor ones myself. Then again most of them look good.
