-
Posts
13,467 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
64
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Downloads
Store
Everything posted by Flanker562
-
I wasn't aware that TK didn't mind as long as we asked permission. And I remember that guy, but I really don't think he did anything but who knows...
-
No you can't do that unfortunately, the game is setup to only have one main target that you hit. There's no way to select a building randomly. And not everything can be solved here. To make those modifications would be altering the source code of the game, and that's not really liked here.
-
For the second part of your question it is possible to strike buildings and bridges and the like. You just have to have it randomly selected. However... If my mind serves me correctly you can select that through the MIssion Editor. You can select whatever target (building, jeep, etc.) in that target area, and the mission will allow you to hit that target with bombs, or whatever.
-
Okay I meant more like 2022 and so on, but I usually don't do Naval maps that much, but thanks!
-
Out of curiosity will this work with modern times?
-
Elch's Vought F-119 Project
Flanker562 replied to CheckSixCharlie's topic in Mods & Skinning Discussion
Well it's accepted practice to make distance LODs for games because it renders the plane better at longer ranges. As for the rest I don't know. -
Elch's Vought F-119 Project
Flanker562 replied to CheckSixCharlie's topic in Mods & Skinning Discussion
You should download one of the airplanes here as they all generally follow the same layout. -
Elch's Vought F-119 Project
Flanker562 replied to CheckSixCharlie's topic in Mods & Skinning Discussion
Well all I can say is that it sounds interesting and much luck in getting it in-game though. -
Elch's Vought F-119 Project
Flanker562 replied to CheckSixCharlie's topic in Mods & Skinning Discussion
Well, there are modders here that can lend a hand as I don't do 3D modeling or whatnot, just textures that's it. So I'm sure a modder would help you, just have to wait until one shows up. I mean there's the TW Exporter but I don't know how to set animations and the like, so you're going to have to wait until someone who does modeling says something. I mean you can ask guruuu to help you out since he did work on the Tornados and that's obviously a swing-wing design. I'm assuming by the camo that it'll be "in service" when the Tomcat was? -
Elch's Vought F-119 Project
Flanker562 replied to CheckSixCharlie's topic in Mods & Skinning Discussion
Ahh I see, I thought it was going to be an interceptor, looks cool though. -
Elch's Vought F-119 Project
Flanker562 replied to CheckSixCharlie's topic in Mods & Skinning Discussion
It's definitely an interesting plane, though I would think the pylons on the glove would be bigger if you're going to mount Phoenixes on them, or any sort of ordnance. -
I don't know how to install mods for Strike Fighters 2
Flanker562 replied to Robin29's topic in Mods & Skinning Discussion
I posted the link to the Knowledge Base topic so you can read it and understand. You find it in your Users/Profile/Saved Games/Thirdwire folder. You add the folders there so the game looks for them and implements them in the game. -
Operation Desert Storm: 30th Anniversary Edition
Flanker562 replied to Menrva's topic in File Announcements
That would save a lot of problems IMHO to make sure that you can't install it until you have the right games to use the mod.- 276 replies
-
- coalition
- desert shield
-
(and 8 more)
Tagged with:
-
Thanks all and this did the trick, fixed it
-
I'm getting this in FC's version 2.5 of his F-35 pack. Anybody have a fix for this? I vaguely remember having to move the cockpit or something, or ShowCockpit=FALSE? If somebody could help I would appreciate it.
-
This is true, time will tell.
-
Hopefully. I'm not a true fan of the F-35 but the C model is probably what I would go for really.
-
I downloaded and installed the same pack, and the only issue I'm having is a double canopy issue (the outside model frame is showing in the frame) so not sure what would fix your issue offhand. Though it would help to know which one is doing that, as the F-35A I'm having the double canopy issue.
-
Well, if the soundlist entry didn't work I don't think there is a programmed sound for it, just have to enjoy the graphics.
-
No, TK made sure the LODs are inaccessible to us players and modders to combat piracy.
-
I don't logout as I'm too lazy, which as you say may be the problem. I mean it happens within a week or two so I'm able to deal with it. I stay logged in all day too so obviously I don't know why its doing it but it does.
- 15 replies
-
- 403
- access forbidden
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
You can add it to the Soundlist.ini and see if that will fix it. But you'll have to extract a default one from the (If I remember correctly) Flight.cat and modify it. It's pretty easy to follow how to do it and may produce a sound. I don't know if it does for other people who use nukes but as far as I know that may not work either. You'll have to see.
-
I have two nuclear explosion sounds in my Sounds directory, maybe if you put them in your own mod folder it'll work (I can't guarantee as I don't use nukes in the game). If not then the sound may be the default bomb explosion and therefore you can't hear it (but it does work for the explosion sound) as you would a nuke. Sounds.7z
-
The .cat file is a default file that holds all the objects (I believe if I remember right) for ground objects like hangars, and textures. I've never opened one up and looked inside (I don't know if it's even possible really). You don't really need to worry about it other than linking it on the respective .ini so that the game can load the files from the .cat file for play. Some times you can use different ones but the most popular one is Desert.cat but the file can also be found in the main install directory, but really don't mess with it, etc. This is taken from the Panama.ini: CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat //CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat //CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.ca The "CatFile=" is what you should worry about, and the other two are commented out. If you have just SF2 then you don't have to worry about messing with the file.
