Jump to content

dtmdragon

MODDER
  • Posts

    2,123
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    28

Everything posted by dtmdragon

  1. Cockpit is a possibility but will be some time away if at all, the intakes could be done with the fake pilot method but is not planned at this stage as the difference is so subtle I'd rather do a cockpit first if I'm going to do either. Enlarged intakes on the Super-Fox will not work with the fake pilot method due to the amount of different skins as a separate aircraft would have to be done for each skin since the 'fake pilot' part can only be painted in one colour scheme.
  2. Yea mate go for it, I personally recommend getting the A-4G and using the new A-4F mod as there are many more minor improvements other than just the skins for example the Aggressor nation etc. Plus the Ausie A-4G is a nice addition to the game in its own right.
  3. View File 'What nearly was' Royal New Zealand Air force F-16A/B Block 15 OCU/MLU Anthology. 'What nearly was' Royal New Zealand Air force F-16A/B Block 15 OCU/MLU Anthology. When doing some research about the proposed Kahu II upgrade for the RNZAF A-4K fleet I found some good info on the New Zealand F-16 deal 'that nearly was' in the late 1990s/early 2000s. I decided to make as accurate 'what if' version I could. Ive used the Mirage factory F-16A/B Block 15 OCU model which is the version we would have received as they were built for Pakistan but embargoed and put in storage. I added a A-4K style UHF antenna just behind the refuelling receptacle. I've left the weapons the same as used by the upgraded A-4K fleet in 2001 except for the addition of the Litening targeting pod and Harpoon ASM which were going to be procured along side the F-16. Since the RNZAFs primary role is close air support it was unlikely any extra money was going to be spent on any radar guided missile, such as the AIM-120, as their air-to-air role was seen as one of primarily self defence. The terms of the deal included a Mid Life Upgrade at the end of the 10 year lease period when we would have purchased the aircraft. As part of the MLU I have included the integration of the AIM-9X along with the JHMCS as it stands to reason that the RNZAF's AIM-9L models would have been considered to be going out of date by 2009. The Pylon Integrated Dispensing System (PIDS) has also been included as part of the MLU as it is in some European Mid Life Upgrades. Also on the MLU aircraft are ALQ-131 ECM pods which there were provisions for in the original terms of the lease but most likely would have been pushed out to the time of the MLU because of the extra costs. There are 4 separate aircraft that represent the 13 'A' and 9 'B' model Vipers before and after a Mid Life Upgrade (MLU): -F-16A Blk 15 OCU RNZAF (What if?) -F-16B Blk 15 OCU RNZAF (What if?) -F-16AM Blk 15 MLU RNZAF (What if?) -F-16BM Blk 15 MLU RNZAF (What if?) I've given the A models the serial numbers NZ6301 through to NZ6313 and the B models NZ6314 through to NZ6322 2 Different skins for the operational aircraft are included which are; the Pakistani style camouflage scheme the aircraft were already painted when New Zealand placed the order and they would have been delivered in. As well as an all over medium grey used on all current RNZAF aircraft since around 2003. 8 Special/Commemorative skins are also included such as; high-viz Commanding Officers aircraft, Rugby World Cup All Blacks supporters scheme, a couple of retro Kiwi Skyhawk style skins, an Aggressor skin plus a few others. You can use the mission editor to load alternate loadout options that include the AIM-120 or are specific to close air support roles in Afghanistan etc Also included is a extensive RWR.LST and set of RWR.TGA files. INSTILLATION: Just Extract the files, then drag and drop into your mods folder and override when prompted. Thread in Sci-Fi/Anime/What If Forum with lots of screen shots: http://combatace.com...lock-15-ocumlu/ Links to Info on the cancelled RNZAF F-16 'deal of century' that nearly was: http://f-16.net/f-16_users_article28.html (3/4 of the way down the page) http://www.beehive.govt.nz/feature/review-f16-aircraft-royal-new-zealand-airforce These F-16 are a mix match between the best parts of all the F-16 mods available with new/modified/enhanced skins of my own. I've also re written most of the data.ini and avionics.ini files with updated data from the net especially when it comes to the performance of the radar after the MLU update. Credits: Dave's Mirage Factory F-16C Block 25/30/32/40/42/50/52 3.0 and Mirage Factory F-16B Block 15: -bpao -Moonjumper (aka Crusader) -Migbuster -Sundowner -Diego -X Ray -Jat -ravenclaw -Aleducat The NATO Fighters Team for the F-16A Block 15 OCU model ace888 for the PAK skin ravenclaw007 for the Weapons - Pack 1 vers 1.2 331Killerbee for the MGunny's Ordnance Shop II for SF2 Enjoy, Dan. Submitter dtmdragon Submitted 02/19/2012 Category What If Hangar  
  4. I now have permission to release this so here is (once the upload is approved): http://combatace.com/files/file/12682-what-nearly-was-royal-new-zealand-air-force-f-16ab-block-15-ocumlu-anthology/ Enjoy
  5. Version 1.0

    288 downloads

    'What nearly was' Royal New Zealand Air force F-16A/B Block 15 OCU/MLU Anthology. When doing some research about the proposed Kahu II upgrade for the RNZAF A-4K fleet I found some good info on the New Zealand F-16 deal 'that nearly was' in the late 1990s/early 2000s. I decided to make as accurate 'what if' version I could. Ive used the Mirage factory F-16A/B Block 15 OCU model which is the version we would have received as they were built for Pakistan but embargoed and put in storage. I added a A-4K style UHF antenna just behind the refuelling receptacle. I've left the weapons the same as used by the upgraded A-4K fleet in 2001 except for the addition of the Litening targeting pod and Harpoon ASM which were going to be procured along side the F-16. Since the RNZAFs primary role is close air support it was unlikely any extra money was going to be spent on any radar guided missile, such as the AIM-120, as their air-to-air role was seen as one of primarily self defence. The terms of the deal included a Mid Life Upgrade at the end of the 10 year lease period when we would have purchased the aircraft. As part of the MLU I have included the integration of the AIM-9X along with the JHMCS as it stands to reason that the RNZAF's AIM-9L models would have been considered to be going out of date by 2009. The Pylon Integrated Dispensing System (PIDS) has also been included as part of the MLU as it is in some European Mid Life Upgrades. Also on the MLU aircraft are ALQ-131 ECM pods which there were provisions for in the original terms of the lease but most likely would have been pushed out to the time of the MLU because of the extra costs. There are 4 separate aircraft that represent the 13 'A' and 9 'B' model Vipers before and after a Mid Life Upgrade (MLU): -F-16A Blk 15 OCU RNZAF (What if?) -F-16B Blk 15 OCU RNZAF (What if?) -F-16AM Blk 15 MLU RNZAF (What if?) -F-16BM Blk 15 MLU RNZAF (What if?) I've given the A models the serial numbers NZ6301 through to NZ6313 and the B models NZ6314 through to NZ6322 2 Different skins for the operational aircraft are included which are; the Pakistani style camouflage scheme the aircraft were already painted when New Zealand placed the order and they would have been delivered in. As well as an all over medium grey used on all current RNZAF aircraft since around 2003. 8 Special/Commemorative skins are also included such as; high-viz Commanding Officers aircraft, Rugby World Cup All Blacks supporters scheme, a couple of retro Kiwi Skyhawk style skins, an Aggressor skin plus a few others. You can use the mission editor to load alternate loadout options that include the AIM-120 or are specific to close air support roles in Afghanistan etc Also included is a extensive RWR.LST and set of RWR.TGA files. INSTILLATION: Just Extract the files, then drag and drop into your mods folder and override when prompted. Thread in Sci-Fi/Anime/What If Forum with lots of screen shots: http://combatace.com...lock-15-ocumlu/ Links to Info on the cancelled RNZAF F-16 'deal of century' that nearly was: http://f-16.net/f-16_users_article28.html (3/4 of the way down the page) http://www.beehive.govt.nz/feature/review-f16-aircraft-royal-new-zealand-airforce These F-16 are a mix match between the best parts of all the F-16 mods available with new/modified/enhanced skins of my own. I've also re written most of the data.ini and avionics.ini files with updated data from the net especially when it comes to the performance of the radar after the MLU update. Credits: Dave's Mirage Factory F-16C Block 25/30/32/40/42/50/52 3.0 and Mirage Factory F-16B Block 15: -bpao -Moonjumper (aka Crusader) -Migbuster -Sundowner -Diego -X Ray -Jat -ravenclaw -Aleducat The NATO Fighters Team for the F-16A Block 15 OCU model ace888 for the PAK skin ravenclaw007 for the Weapons - Pack 1 vers 1.2 331Killerbee for the MGunny's Ordnance Shop II for SF2 Enjoy, Dan.
  6. Nice work on the splinter!
  7. When the RNZAF selected the A-4K in the early 70's the A-7 (along with the F-4, F-5 and even F-111) also made it on to the short list:
  8. BIG 'what if' RNZAF Mig-29 lol
  9. Yes http://combatace.com...for-sf2-series/
  10. Thanks, I was starting to fear that would be the case, only option is to paint the frame to match the inside of the cockpit so it is less visible.
  11. In the late 1980s when the RNZAF was deciding to upgrade or replace its A-4K Skyhawks (It ended up upgrading the A-4 fleet) one of the possible replacements it looked at along with the F-16, F-20 Tiger Shark and F/A-18 was the Jaguar:
  12. It happens in all terrains and in every different scenario I can come up with to test it. The way I know it is the missiles diameter that is causing it is I reduced the diameter and the problem was solved but obviously the missile then did not sit in the correct place. I am stumped, if it is just me it must just be an issue with my install or flight engine.
  13. I've figured it out. The Diameter of the StormShadow lod is 1.00 (meters). In real life it is 0.48m meters. Because the diameter is 1.00 in the game the game thinks the missiles are sitting blow the landing gear when they are loaded on the fuselage stations. Because of this the game removes them as soon as a game is started from the runway as the game thinks they (the StormShadows) have collided with the ground and have been destroyed. I think you might need to change the diameter of the lod if this is a common issue
  14. Thanks Ian the new lod works fine. However I am having a bizarre issue where the Stormshadow missiles disappear from my aircraft when I try and fly a mission with them loaded. my wing men all still have their stormshadows and I had mine in the load out screen but once the game starts they are gone from just my player aircraft!?!? It happens when the missiles are loaded by default when I fly a strike mission and also when I load them manually???
  15. A-4M WIP thanks to a canopy mod for the stock A-4F Alejandro came up with:
  16. Nice work Ian one thing tho, the new RAFStormShadow.lod file is missing. Cheers, Dan
  17. Thanks but unfortunately that wasn't it, any other ideas or nodes that sounded close? 'Canopy', 'Canopy_Glass' and 'Windscreen_Glass' are the nodes that have already been removed, the 'ParentComponentName' is 'Nose' for them. Here is what I'm working on: Alejandro did the new Canopy for SF1 but never finished it off
  18. Hi guys, I'm trying to remove the canopy from the Stock A-4F Skyhawk. I've got the node names for all the glass but need the node name for the front canopy frame as you can see in the attached pic. Hopefully someone can help? Thanks, Dan.
  19. RAAF No.3 Squadron F/A-18A Hornet Upgrade Program (HUG) 2.2 Hornets over Darwin...
  20. Love the aggressor skin
  21. Does any one have a conformal fuel tank mod that fits on the Mirage factory F-16 A, B, C, or D, along with the cordinates to put them in the right place, that they don't mind sharing? Cheers, Dan.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..