Jump to content

Stary

MODDER
  • Posts

    8,501
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    100

Everything posted by Stary

  1. this one I think it does a bit of justice to the terrain features sizes and distances/height perception thanks to bit more "real" aerial perspective coming with the new bluish fog, here's the overcast sky lighting and fog: (the plane is RAZBAM Banshee, the terrain is another test Korea set) one more note, currently due to the way the fog distance is calculated and used in shaders the clouds don't seem to be visible in overcast and inclement (been such way since SF2 came out) will search for fix for that possibly
  2. SARCASM 2 BETA 2 release Try this, it's Sarcasm 2 BETA 2 release, has alot of new stuff and goodies and testwork in it, mostly revolving around new fog colour/shading, clouds fading distances and neat new horizon clouds using "pushed up" horizon band around the sky scene. Ohh you'll understand when you try it: Sarcasm 2 beta 2 release.7z I highly recommend you back up your current SARCASM 2 beta files listed below: CLOUD1.tga CLOUDS_BROKEN.tga CLOUDS_CLEAR.tga CLOUDS_OVERCAST.tga CLOUDS_SCATTERED.tga ENVIRONMENTSYSTEM.INI Lensflare_blob.tga LENSFLARE_DIAMOND.TGA Lensflare_drops.tga Lensflare_drops2.tga Lensflare_scratches.tga LENSFLARE_STAR.tga STAR.tga SUN.TGA TWPOSTPROCESS.FX this new installment is quite a ..specific... release in therms of general looks and feel to it if I may call it as such. The included TWPOSTPROCESS.FX is toned down (decreased) full-screen bloom, fainter than the beta 1 release. Looks better I think, not overdone bloomfiesta. The new 512^ horizon clouds for all weather states (clear, scattered, broken, overcast, inclement) are a neat addition I think BUT there is slight issue with their colours transition vs the particle-based clouds lighting at certain sky conditions/time of day. Something I need to still adjust. Also as this was on-and-off project in the past few months I lost track of some of values adjustments but there is sudden spike of brightness between dawn/dusk twilight and early day/late evening sky colours, something I have had problems with in the past too IIRC. Ohh well, crap happens. Some clouds graphics got well-deserved updates in highres so now scattered clouds look less "buildt up" than broken ones, while clear ones are fluffy little errr... floaters anyway I upload this as is as the eventual updates I forsee would be more ini-related which is simpler for me than re-uploading some 360 megabytes (slow upload for me here) Overall this edition gives more of old classic CFS1 feel to the scenes and is worth experimenting with further, to which you are as allways encouraged. All sky textures based on my own sky photography as usual. Shame we can't have much more clouds shapes variations (the 4-piece bottom rows) the TileFactor= value doesn't seem to work now and I can't say if it worked before (in theory this variablre could determine if you use texture atlas of say 4x4 or 8x8 etc tiles) And again, this isn't new "widesky" or "better widesky", or any similar "full realism of looks" mod, it is and allways been Slightly Artistic Representation (of) Clouds And Sky Mod have fun
  3. from SARCASM 2 beta 2 broken sky & new "extended" horizont clouds tests: that said there are some fugly issues with colourt transitions and differences between the lighting of the particle clouds and the horizon panels ones
  4. "Use cached D3DXmeshes" in Max9 driver config is off by chance? same with "Use triangle strips"? But apart from that looks more like driver vs W10 issue
  5. SaVaGe yes the black bars are the radar mesh (spliced into many a pieces) so we can fake HUD-projected ones as in soviet birds, so yes it does have it's limitations and sadly stress on eyes As for this being NOT MLD, yes I am aware of that, that's why it is described as "generic" MiG-23/27 cockpit. Also I am not so sure if we can replicate the opeartions of the selector panel under the HUD in Thirdwire avionics, something to think about later
  6. the post-destruction pictures are simply horrendous. And so much firefighters died RIP
  7. I wish it all the best. And do not even try to posting here somethign akin to "but why not to make it for DCS"
  8. ok, how do you launch this thing anyway? Through mediator? I see no apply to app button?
  9. yes, very nice!
  10. which one Russ? as for tileset yeah it's one of my tests I run here as for sky colours, these are like in first beta in first post, stock TW, I changed that from my new ones in one of previous Sarcasm versions, I think 1.5 one as the transitions weren't that good
  11. beta cockpit posted in this topic: http://combatace.com/topic/86868-f-89c-cockpit-proto/?do=findComment&comment=699590
  12. here's early stage beta of F-89C/D cockpit I put together past evening; in fact it's just the main panel with rudimentary layout and the rest is intact sans some recolouring -but it has two engines indicators, radar, key instruments or equivalents of in the more of less right position, that lovely "pre-Phantom" feel to it etc: F-89C cockpit early beta.ZIP ingame view: skipping through 383 pages flight handbook I do realize all the things that are wrong with it at current state, but again, it's quick and dirty proto cockpit/stand in. The Scorpions currently use stock F-4B or F-4C cockpits so it's closer to real thing anyway. "Stary you lazy SOB, craving for post likes and reputation points like an emo teen" you might say at this point. "You're welcome. Next time I shall put radar display on my P-26 cockpit and call it Dragon Lady one"
  13. Scorpion's bite can be deadly (even if it feels like cow and flies like cow) it's a quick mockup of F-89C cockpit based on Starfire one, but close, well, much closer than F-4B we now use -can do a beta release..?
  14. tweaking the clouds graphics, will post new version when ready
  15. ohh well might give it a try
  16. I do
  17. yes the REShade but it's been in March or so when I tried. Didn't pay much attention to getting it working though, might try again
  18. doing some more experiments regarding fog density and colour and clouds fading distance (and colour at distance!). Both are dependent on each another. Plus skygeight and sky panels (these little textured panels near the horizont with far clouds graphics on them) which might lead to some nice eye candy. Will see: one of my odd trials at replicating CFS1-style strong blue environment fog for broken skies extended clouds distance etc sky panels height and skypanel vertex position tweaks apparently there IS layered fog in the engine but I can't make it more prominent like in say Il2 or Falcon, you can see the top of the hills is less foggy than bottom (World space z axis) will post more if I produce anything of use or significance re: the layered fog, I think it might be just illusion given by the brighter background but there are statements pointing at it in the dlls
  19. yeah I never got it working, but there is much more to it apparently
  20. Wrench any chance of having access to the MAx files? It's one of those 50's beauties that need much deserved updates I'd say
  21. nah, I love such old underdogs!
  22. you're welcome Pierre
  23. 360 adds immersion doesn't it?
  24. will do now all we need is real "C" ...and new F-89 please..?
  25. blame one Do335 for his Korea mod-related works that forced me to >>finally<< finish this one...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..