Sign in to follow this  

See, I'm wondering if this can be used for jet engines...if so, I have an idea....:).

FC

JATO?

I wonder, if we'll see TK's take on helicopters.

I wonder, if we'll see TK's take on helicopters.

I have asked myself the same, when i read the ship list. But there is only one guy on earth who knows for sure... :grin:

Well, I'm having a lot of stuttering since September patch. It seems to be equal with new patch....

It might not mean anything, but there a few new lines in the groundobjectlist.lst file.. :yikes:

I haven’t checked the patched game yet, but the AircraftList.lst included in the F-8E(FN) DLC also contains interesting things. Maybe a glimpse into the (not immediate) future…?

My game is crashing like a mofo everytime I boot up SF2E. I've brought it up with TK on the TW boards but like me he's scratching his head on what the issue is. It's the NVIDIA chipset (mobile 330 GT Mobile with updated drivers) is what I'm using. Problem is Windows 7 (Which I'm thinking this is mainly the reason) switches to Basic color scheme everytime I load up Oct 11 SF2:E and therefore forces a crash or the game is so illegible it's only by reflex I can exit out. Is there a way to stop Windows from switching to Basic? Navigating the menus is like... well difficult.

I've done what limited things I can do but this is very repeatable and yes, very annoying.

Edited by EricJ

I haven’t checked the patched game yet, but the AircraftList.lst included in the F-8E(FN) DLC also contains interesting things. Maybe a glimpse into the (not immediate) future…?

yes

A-4M

A-4N

A-6E

A-6E_79

A-7E_74

A-7E_79

EA-6B

F-4J_74

F-4N

F-4S

F-14A

F-14A_77

Lim-6bis

Lim-6M

Mirage3E

Mirage3EL

Mirage3OF

Mirage3OA

Mirage3OFA

Mirage5DE

Mirage5E2

Mirage5SDE

RF-8G

RF-8G_77

Yak-38

Tu-95K-22

Tu-95RT

Tu-22KD

Tu-22KPD

Tu-22M2

Tu-22M3

Tu-22PD

Tu-22RD

Tu-16K-10-26

Tu-16K-26

Tu-16P

Tu-16R

Tu-16RM-1

in fact very interesting things for the future :blink:

Problem is Windows 7 (Which I'm thinking this is mainly the reason) switches to Basic color scheme everytime I load up Oct 11 SF2:E and therefore forces a crash or the game is so illegible it's only by reflex I can exit out. Is there a way to stop Windows from switching to Basic? Navigating the menus is like... well difficult.

you mean the menu appears to be like 128x128 stretched to cover the screen?? I get that every now and then (about 1 in 10 startups) in SF2.

Have you tried dropping it to basic prior to starting SF2?

(i tend to drop mine to basic before gaming, and using anything that would require the hardware overlays ((recording console footage in HD)).

Windows only drops it to Basic when it detects a program fault, or incompatibility with the Aero UI (perhaps your game is somehow now configured to run 16bit color?)

Edited by SkateZilla

you mean the menu appears to be like 128x128 stretched to cover the screen?? I get that every now and then (about 1 in 10 startups) in SF2.

Have you tried dropping it to basic prior to starting SF2?

(i tend to drop mine to basic before gaming, and using anything that would require the hardware overlays ((recording console footage in HD)).

Windows only drops it to Basic when it detects a program fault, or incompatibility with the Aero UI (perhaps your game is somehow now configured to run 16bit color?)

I'm running 32 bit (64-bit Windows) so still don't know why. I'll disable the AeroUI and see what happens.

I wonder if this means F-14 game is close... And if so, how close.

TK usually never tells when a game is to be released. I like that in him actually.

No luck... how do you switch it to Basic Skatezilla?

from all this list

only these ones are probably directly related to f-14 game

A-6E

A-6E_79

A-7E_74

A-7E_79

EA-6B

F-4J_74

F-4N

F-4S

F-14A

F-14A_77

RF-8G

RF-8G_77

Yak-38

Tu-95K-22

Tu-95RT

Tu-22KD

Tu-22KPD

Tu-22M2

Tu-22M3

Tu-22PD

Tu-22RD

Tu-16K-10-26

Tu-16K-26

Tu-16P

Tu-16R

Tu-16RM-1

and maybe this one

A-4M

the other ones are more likely to be DLC planes

Disregard, got it working SkateZillaHD...

My game is crashing like a mofo everytime I boot up SF2E. I've brought it up with TK on the TW boards but like me he's scratching his head on what the issue is. It's the NVIDIA chipset (mobile 330 GT Mobile with updated drivers) is what I'm using. Problem is Windows 7 (Which I'm thinking this is mainly the reason) switches to Basic color scheme everytime I load up Oct 11 SF2:E and therefore forces a crash or the game is so illegible it's only by reflex I can exit out. Is there a way to stop Windows from switching to Basic? Navigating the menus is like... well difficult.

I've done what limited things I can do but this is very repeatable and yes, very annoying.

Same thing happens here Eric, also Win7, so far I discovered being extremely pi$$ed and starting the game all over again like 10 freakin times in a row usually "cures it" :lol:

Same thing happens here Eric, also Win7, so far I discovered being extremely pi$$ed and starting the game all over again like 10 freakin times in a row usually "cures it" :lol:

Well like SkateZillaHD says, it happens on average 1 out of 10 startups so I don't concern myself about it.

No luck... how do you switch it to Basic Skatezilla?

Start, Control panel, Personalization, Under Basic/Highcontrast Theme, choose windows 7 basic.

MS Says that Aero is enabled based on WDDM, if its randomly cutting it on an off then its doing it because of the load on the GPU. or something along those lines.

the only game I've had swithc me from Aero to Basic on its own was BattleField play for free.

also:

Right click on the SF shortcut, Properties, Compatibilty tab, then check Disable Visual themes and Disable Desktop composition

Edited by SkateZilla

Well like SkateZillaHD says, it happens on average 1 out of 10 startups so I don't concern myself about it.

the low res menu only happens 1/10 times usually, and it usually happens when i have other things open i can see the general area where exit is, and it changes color, so i click it to exit the program.

anybody also notice that 'aftermarket' hangar screens no longer work?? -- on ANY 3rd pary add on aircraft, AIs made flyable??

Loading screens, however still do.

jeez....

anybody also notice that 'aftermarket' hangar screens no longer work?? -- on ANY 3rd pary add on aircraft, AIs made flyable??

Loading screens, however still do.

jeez....

Could be the switch to the new hangar screens fully implemented. Even Harriers now change their picture when you switch the skin. Actually, those hangar portraits must've been what boosted the volume of the latest series of patches.

Guest Pfunk

Usually updates like these are precursors to something really big. Something tells me we're not far off.

yah, the aircraft list ini thingy is quite impressive ...3 Oz Mirages, L,M,N model scooters, N & S phantoms, 3 Intruders (plus EA-6B), A model Crud, RF-8 crud, F-84F_56,, Thuds F & G, different model mig-15s (including FB version), The Bears (!!!), buncha new blinders....

definate possibilities there!

Guest Pfunk

I smell a LOT of DLC coming post-Tomcat.

yah, the aircraft list ini thingy is quite impressive ...3 Oz Mirages, L,M,N model scooters, N & S phantoms, 3 Intruders (plus EA-6B), A model Crud, RF-8 crud, F-84F_56,, Thuds F & G, different model mig-15s (including FB version), The Bears (!!!), buncha new blinders....

definate possibilities there!

Looks like folks might be making a bigger deal out of that than it really is...

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB3w/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8693&start=16#p54406