About This File
This is a fictional upgrade of the P-40N Warhawk.
With the XP-40Q project failing to get of the ground Curtiss came up with an upgrade to the existing late model P-40 airframes that would give them performance on par with the XP-40Q and the P-51D. The resulting P-40S SuperHawk performs so well it rapidly becomes one of the front line fighters of choice. It will even go on to serve in the Korean War alongside the P-51D.
- 2200HP Packard V-2250 engine (Packard built Merlin 1710 upgraded to 2200HP).
- Four-bladed Rotol propeller.
- 4 x 20mm Hispano Mk II cannons.
- K-14 gyro gunsight.
- Range: 650 mi (560 nmi, 1,100 km400 nmi (459 mi, 740 km).
- Service ceiling: 43,500 ft (13,258 m).
- Rate of climb: 3,650 ft/min (18.5 m/s).
I have included skins for every late war WWII theatre the P-40 operated in as well as a ‘what if’ USAF WWII ETO and Korea skin. There are skins for the RAAF, RAF, RNZAF, USAF and Soviet Airforce.
- Raven (Big thanks)
- A. Mariani aka amariani