Sign in to follow this  
Fates

300 The Movie

I REALLY want to see this one...

I have the original "300 Spartans" with Richard Egan on DVD, and that's good too.

I like the idea of them making this one more 'mythical'

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Had to change my Sig just for this one...

I'm all into the mythical thing. I simply can't wait to see it. Already got my tix for the early preview. This is going to be an incredible new release

let us know what you think once you've seen it - I've also got my eye on this one.

I don't want to go near this movie.From the trailers I've seen it looks like "matrix/hidden dragon" fight grafix and all the actors apear to have been diped in oil just before they went on camera.When i see flying spartans and "ninja" like fights I can't help but laugh.I have wanted this movie to be made for years but when i saw the trailer I just got mad.I really hope I am not right but it looks like another Troy or King Arthor to me.

I don't want to go near this movie.From the trailers I've seen it looks like "matrix/hidden dragon" fight grafix and all the actors apear to have been diped in oil just before they went on camera.When i see flying spartans and "ninja" like fights I can't help but laugh.I have wanted this movie to be made for years but when i saw the trailer I just got mad.I really hope I am not right but it looks like another Troy or King Arthor to me.

Ah, you have no sense of taste for the great battle that it was. The Spartans were tremendous athletes and they were known for their prowess on the battlefield. So "ninja" like fights are not far from the truth. I have studied this battle for years and it is by far one of the best ones ever recorded in history. This movie will be good.

Ah, you have no sense of taste for the great battle that it was. The Spartans were tremendous athletes and they were known for their prowess on the battlefield. So "ninja" like fights are not far from the truth. I have studied this battle for years and it is by far one of the best ones ever recorded in history. This movie will be good.

I respectfully have to disagree.I too have nothing but admiration for the Spartan fighting prowes and have studied the ancient battles a bit but the spartans were who they were because they fought as a well disaplined team fighting in tight formations with ridgid disaplin.what I saw in the trailer was Spartans seeming to fight as individuals and not seeming to follow the laws of physics.I really hope I'm wrong because I have waited years for this movie to be done.I'm just not a fan of the modern movie style I guess.The lighting seems very odd to me and as mentioned every one looked rather oily in the trailer kinda like FHM models always do. ;) God I really hope I'm wrong about this movie.

yeah this one looks good

I respectfully have to disagree.I too have nothing but admiration for the Spartan fighting prowes and have studied the ancient battles a bit but the spartans were who they were because they fought as a well disaplined team fighting in tight formations with ridgid disaplin.what I saw in the trailer was Spartans seeming to fight as individuals and not seeming to follow the laws of physics.I really hope I'm wrong because I have waited years for this movie to be done.I'm just not a fan of the modern movie style I guess.The lighting seems very odd to me and as mentioned every one looked rather oily in the trailer kinda like FHM models always do. ;) God I really hope I'm wrong about this movie.

Oh without a doubt Hollyweird is going to put their spin on it. I mean heaven forbid they actually stick to a historical fact about something.

I'm just not a fan of the modern movie style I guess.The lighting seems very odd to me and as mentioned every one looked rather oily in the trailer kinda like FHM models always do. ;) God I really hope I'm wrong about this movie.

well, it's all done with blue screen & CGI rather than a cast of 1000's (needless to say a lot cheaper).

& there are certainly going to be historical inaccuracies like the armour ...

It's a terrific story though & another generation could use reminding about duty, self-sacrifice etc.

It's a terrific story though & another generation could use reminding about duty, self-sacrifice etc.

Amen to that!

food-smiley-007.gif

From the trailer that I've seen , many sentences are actually coming form historical sources ; such as "... they will throw so maby arrows to cloud the sun" "Good, so will fight in the shade" and the infamous" spartans tonight we dine in hell"

For sure it won't be worse, perhaps better, then alexander, or Troy

The movie is based on a graphic novel by Frank Miller (Sin City, The Dark Knight Returns and more). The movie adapts his stroy which is told in comic book form. this results in the colors and tone of the movie. Take it for what it is and enjoy. It is also coming out in IMAX.

The History Channel has a good show on re: 300 the movie and another one about the actual history of 300

Best movie of the summer ... it was terrific!

I'm just glad that they're finally showing a Western culture's prowess in personal combat (even if it is blown way over the top, this blaitant exaggeration was once reserved only for Eastern martial traditions.) I'd like to see it for that fact alone.

Best movie of the summer ... it was terrific!

Wow, Eric. I didn't realize that you lived in the Southern Hemisphere :tongue:

Nothing special here ... my inlaws own a threatre ... someone has to make sure the movies didn't get damaged during shipping. Don't hate.

LOL, Eric....no hate at all, just pointing out (and showing appreciation for), you optimism.

You see, "Summer" cannot arrive soon enough, as far as I'm concerned. It was all of 11 degrees Fahrenheit over here Wednesday morning, with an windchill of -11. Not much better yesterday, a bit better today, and we may even see 60s this Sunday.

It's due out in UK on the 23rd and I'll make a point of seeing it as I'm

a sucker for 'Epic Movies'.

The comic book/graphical style of the film might work for it as it seemed

to when I went to see 'Sin City', another Frank Miller graphical novel.

I just saw the movie and enjoyed it. It is based on a graphic novel(fancy term for a comic book with a binding). It is both factual and mystical/fantasy bound. It has a unique feeling and delivers. I especially enjoyed the dialogue of the king. Very motivating. You don't see that kind of leadership today.

Best Review of the 300:

300 - Reviewed by Neil Cumpston:

I just saw a movie that'll give your eyes boners, make your balls scream and make you poop DVD copies of THE TRANSPORTER. It's called 300. I don't know what the title has to do with the movie, but they could've called it KITTENS MAKING CANDLES and it'd still rule.

It's about these 300 Greek dudes who stomp the sugar-coated **** out of like a million other dudes. I have a feeling that a lot of high school sports coaches are going to show this film to their teams before they play. Also, gay dudes and divorced women are going to use screen captures for computer wallpaper.

The movie takes place about a million years ago, and it's sort of like a prequel to SIN CITY. Except way less guns and cars but twice as much skull splitting.

If you watch this movie and go into a Taco Bell, and say to the cashier, "I need some extra sauce packets"

guess what? You're getting twenty sauce packets because your face will punch him in the brain.

I can't spoil the plot because THANK GOD THERE ISN'T ONE. Just ass kicking that kicks ass that, while said ass is getting kicked, is kicking yet more ass that's hitting someone's balls with a hammer made of ice but the ice is frozen whiskey.

TWO COOL THINGS ABOUT THE MOVIE AND ONE THING I DIDN'T

LIKE:

COOL THING ONE:

HEAVY METAL DURING BATTLE SCENES

Who gives a I'm_an_idiot! if the music isn't historically correct? LORD OF THE RINGS could've used some Journey.

This movie has that chu-CHUNG kind of metal that you hear in your head when your shift supervisor at Wetzel's Pretzel is telling you that you'll have to stay for clean up and you wish you had a sock filled with quarters in your hand.

COOL THING TWO:

FOES, MINI-BOSSES AND A BIG BOSS

Basically, the Greek dudes are fighting these Persian dudes, but the director, who must have a dick made of three machine guns, does it all like a video game. The Greeks fight every death metal video from the last ten years. There's wave after wave of giants, freaks, ninjas, mutants, wizards, and a hunchback who looks like he's got Rosie O'Donnell on his back.

Would I have been happy if Dom DeLuise from HISTORY OF THE WORLD, PART I had shown up? Maybe, but this movie more than makes up for that glaring oversight.

NOT SO GOOD THING:

DUDE NUDITY ("DUDE-ITY")

These are Greek times, when there were a lot of naked women around. And there are some naked women in this film, but almost every naked woman scene has a muscular dude giving the screen an ass picnic.

Dude-ity is something directors put in their movies so people will think they're serious, I guess, and not just throwing in naked hotties.

Any directors reading this - IT'S OKAY TO JUST THROW IN NAKED HOTTIES.

Can't someone make a movie about naked Amazons and call it PAUSE BUTTON?

My final analysis is 300 the most ass-ruling movie I've seen this year, and will probably be the King of

2007 unless someone makes a movie where a pair of sentient boobs fights a werewolf.