Sign in to follow this  
Guest Saganuay82

Buny's Weapon Pack database is back online.

Oh! My!! Rob, if you're out there...THANK YOU!!!!

and where the hell did it go????

now if I had any brains whatsoever, I'd be doing copy/pastes for the rest of the night....

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Holy cow, man Wrench is on it. Lets hope it doesn't disappear...

I think I'm probably borderline CMOS or AFLCIO or AoA or one of those acronyms

Give me a job to do, I'm too stuipd to walk away with it unfinished. The Weapons fixes are STAYING here at CA!!

Sad thing is, most of the really important stuff is already posted, plus some new fixes.

But I remember some (like the F-89s) that I am most certaintly gonna grab.

"Gonna grab 'em by the nose, and copy/paste them into text files!!!

That's how you win!!"

"You win by making the other poor dumb player copy/paste for HIS country!"

See, you can learn from movies :wink:

Wrench

Kevin Stein

But Kevin

“Sir, since the former VP is such a VIP, shouldn’t we keep the PC on the QT? Because if it falls into the hands of the VC, he could end up an MIA, then we’d all be put on KP…"

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning Vietnam!

Holy Cow! :blink: Sorry fellas...

I returned from my latest deployment to South Korea today and didn't notice the site being down while I was gone. It is still giving me trouble but it should all be back to normal in a day or two.

I am currently trying to drink the jet lag off (that is what you do for jet lag, right? :biggrin: ) and will have the traditional post-deployment F-117A pictrues up soon.

Sorry again about the site being down...

Holy Moly IT LIVESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Good to see you back Rob!

Welcome Back Bunyap!!

Welcome home Rob!!!

Glad to have ya back!

Wrench

kevin stein

Great!

Site´s back!

(but is a bit late,Wrench already posted some loadouts...)

It's never too late. Welcome back Rob.

Welcome back Bunyap, and I think most people have developed a much greater appreciation for your site! Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Holy Cow! :blink: Sorry fellas...

I returned from my latest deployment to South Korea today and didn't notice the site being down while I was gone. It is still giving me trouble but it should all be back to normal in a day or two.

I am currently trying to drink the jet lag off (that is what you do for jet lag, right? :biggrin: ) and will have the traditional post-deployment F-117A pictrues up soon.

Sorry again about the site being down...

Great to see you back Rob. Was looking for your Indian Navy Sea Hawks for quite some time now. Downloading them now :).

welcome back, you were a bit stealthy yourself there for a while. how was korea? (been there many times)

Welcome back mate....I thought you'd done a runner on us.. :biggrin:

Welcome back, glad to hear you're still in one piece :biggrin:

Welcome back! Coming home only to be there for the retirement must be bittersweet at best.

A little off-topic... but not by much...

Is anyone interested in an online tool that would be :

- a weapon database displaying the content of the weapons pack in a human readable manner

- a comparing tool allowing to view side-by-side two or more weapons of the weapons pack

- a validation tool allowing to check whether or not the data for a weapon are valid and if dependencies (LODs, sounds, effects, guns) are present (not ending up with a rare occasion of a weapon without a LOD and skin)

- a pack building tool, allowing to add, edit, remove weapons, eventually permitting personnalised downloads (archive, no installer), with versionning for weapons

That would make weapon building and weapons pack maintenance and update easier and potentially more frequent, allowing modders to update it with their creations and removing part of the burden from Bunyap's shoulders.

On the things it would need...

- A server with PHP/MySQL and no restriction on script execution time.

- A data catalog for everything concerning weapons/pods/guns (doesn't exist as such here or at TW but could be derived from the outputs of the editors).

- Quite a lot of time coding and testing.

- Ideally one or more people with enough PHP knowledge to help/take-over once real life makes a come-back.

Fortunately, while I'm out of my depth when it comes to aerodynamics and 3D modelling, you see, Iron Hand is my thing... errr I meant development of course...

At the moment, and apparently for at least a few weeks, I have the time to quickstart it if there's an interest in such a tool (and eventual further suggestions for functionnalities), but don't expect anything polished before some time, even though the purely functionnal stuff shouldn't take ages (if not done with a too perfectionnist approach).

Other ideas might be to set up a project/bug-tracking tool for WIP and new releases, a sourceforge for SFP1, but that would mean changing the way most modders work I guess.

Why do I have an inner voice telling me "Oh my, what are you getting yourself into ?" ?

Is anyone interested in an online tool that would be :

- a weapon database displaying the content of the weapons pack in a human readable manner

That would be nice.

- a comparing tool allowing to view side-by-side two or more weapons of the weapons pack

Yes! That would be fantastic!

Well,I just need the A-3 Skywarrior guns now...

I've been gone for about a week, and all this good stuff happens! (SF wise)

The Viggy, Bunyaps' site, oh my!

Maybe I should go away more often. :biggrin:

Nice to see you back, Bunyap!

I accesed your site with no problem just now. Thanks!

Nice to see you back, Bunyap!

Ohhh!!!

So no Navy Seals kidnapped you uhh??

Anyway did you see K1A1's???