Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

How much space FE/SF/WOV/WOE takes in your HD?

How much HD you spend in Third Wire Games?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. how much memory you spend in mods(just the mods)

• Less than 1Gb
    • 1GB
    • 2GB
    • 3GB
    • 4GB
    • 5GB
    • more than 5Gb
  2. 2. Do you merge the instalations?(use Terrain, aircrafts and campaings/Missions of another thid wire games)

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. How much space have our HD

• 20Gb
    • 40Gb
    • 80Gb
    • 120Gb
    • 250Gb
    • 500Gb
    • 1 Tb
    • More than 1 Tb

in the Third question:"How much space have OUR HD", the correct is How much space have YOUR HD

this can sound strange :wink: , but i spend a lot of memory in my old pc, and i just have a little 20Gb HD, now i want check if im the only here who spend a lot of memory in third wire games.

Edited by Silverbolt

Right now I have 20.41GB of Thirdwire stuff on my HDD. Not too long ago I ran out of HDD space (only have 40GB) so I removed (copied to CD) a full SFP1 Korea install, WOV (based on time I spent flying it, it was the least used), and cleaned out a bunch of stuff (unzipped files, double copies of planes and terrains, etc) from my Downloads folder. I was able to get about 4.5 GB of space back doing that. So before I did that I had nearly 26GBs of Thirdwire stuff.

wooo!

i have 3 because im starting now, i estimate in a few months i will format my HD

\o/

Heck, I just checked and my merged SFP1/WOV/WOE install with mods is at 19GB! Plus my FE install is at a paltry 2.6GB.

I've already made a DVD-R with SFP1, WOV, WOE, and Full Merged installs (all stock and fully patched) for backup.

I'm thinking maybe I should do the same thing for a modded SFP1/WOV/WOE install. Have a 'basic' modded merged install for things like enviromental and weapons mods. But then have the campaigns, aircraft, ground objects, and terrain be 'era/theatre' specific. That way if I feel like BoB campaign, just loadup the WWII DVD...for Korea area, a Korea DVD, etc. Sure would save some HD space...

FastCargo

Heck, I just checked and my merged SFP1/WOV/WOE install with mods is at 19GB! Plus my FE install is at a paltry 2.6GB.

I've already made a DVD-R with SFP1, WOV, WOE, and Full Merged installs (all stock and fully patched) for backup.

I'm thinking maybe I should do the same thing for a modded SFP1/WOV/WOE install. Have a 'basic' modded merged install for things like enviromental and weapons mods. But then have the campaigns, aircraft, ground objects, and terrain be 'era/theatre' specific. That way if I feel like BoB campaign, just loadup the WWII DVD...for Korea area, a Korea DVD, etc. Sure would save some HD space...

FastCargo

This is a good point to remember, few days ago i risk my SF dvd with a pen :(

result:i lost my game !

so every time beckup your game

I merge everything into one gigantic install, it's over 30 gigs. I moved it to a fresh 250gb HD from an older 40GB that couldn't contain it and 2 other games.

Well, SFP1 with everything 6.5GB, Werners F111 cockpit another whopping 6.35 GB and what I call "storage" (sort of an archive: all downloads, skins ,"Davis Monthan", vids, links etc etc ) another 18.3 GB.

Actually don't understand why the F111 cockpit takes up such a lot of space.... :blink:

Aju,

Derk

Few years ago it was inimaginable!

LoL

today i remember the old 20Gb HD(i still have it in another pc) i has to format it 3 in 3 months!

and now with 250.... i dont think in format for the next 2 years

3 folders (2 operating games and one cleaned out WOV folder acting as mod warehouse) = 44 Gb

on 1- 150 Gb slave HDD.

I need to finish Tainted Cigar so I can remove it and do a Korea or WWII install ........HMmmmmm (thinks Final Countdown)

Victory 201 Tomcat ball. :biggrin:

SFP1/WOV/FE/SFP1-WW2 with a total of 67GB (the SFP1 uses 52GB ) on a 150GB HD

Actually don't understand why the F111 cockpit takes up such a lot of space....

6GB?????

Dude, all my F-111 variants with the cockpit don't even take up a gig...that must be some ultra detailed cockpit! :)

FastCargo

Don't have a number but alot! And where is an F-111 cockpit?

don't know exactly how much space I've got taken up with the 3rd Series...but with 17 install between the 4 game (FE/SF/WoV/WoE)....I'd be actually afraid to find out!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

I'm going with seperate installs these days so I can have my MP version and my pimped versions, but all up, my single WoE version I'm using close to 11gig on my 80-100gig HD. I can't remember exactly how big it is but I'm getting my half TB ride soon! WOOT!

First Eagles is 5.1GB

X4 WOE installs 112 GB

WOV is 21.2 GB

SF DS install is 7.2 GB

OTC (My personal version) 11.2 GB

My computer has a 500 GB HD. I also run X2 EHDs, one 500GB and one 250GB. For a total of 1.25 TB. Space isn't an issue. :biggrin:

I have just over a TB worth of HD space (a 600 Gig master with a 500 gig slave) and my main WoE install takes up 73 gigs and then I have a seperate install that I use exclusively for skinning, it just has the Naval aircraft I skin and that is another 14

I found out that the series was taking up far to much disk room so bought a 500gb external hard drive and am in the process of transfering the games across

WOV 5.01g

WOE 4.76g

WW2, Korea, FE (merged) 9.86g

About 20 gigs total. Had a Mid East version, but put it on cd to save room. My hd is only 33.8, so I guess I'm pretty devoted to this sim... :rofl:

Heck, i just fly the singleplayer missions and maybe the stock campaign once in a while.

No wonder it takes up so little room...

at on poiint i had 80+ gigs of sf

12 installs

down to 3 sf installs plain for online, ww2 and one i swap planes and terrains in and out of for 1950's to modern

one wov install online only

2 woe one online and one modded just with euro theater jets

and one first eagles install mostly online but i swap planes in and out cuz there are just too many planes to miss out on is i leave it stock

used to had 5 online installs of sf all the check six mp packs but never found any one who played them

same with ww2 pto

I have a 350gb HDD with nothing on it but some games and music so I still have over 280gb free. :ok: