112 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like most??

• Norht American F-100 Super Sabre
    • McDonnell F-101 Voodoo
    • Convair F-102 Delta Dagger
    • Lockheed F-104 Starfighter
    • Republic F-105 Thunderchief
    • Convair F-106 Delta Dart

I would have voted for the 106, but it has NO GUN. The -100 has 4.

I don't think there was an F-103... I'm off to google!

EDIT: Tallyho on the F-103! actually, it was the republic XF-103. looks kinda "Thunderbirds". Very improbable.

post-28461-1202621632_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rambler 1-1

I would have voted for the 106, but it has NO GUN. The -100 has 4.

The '6 got an M61 in the project Sixshooter upgrade in '72. If you see a '6 with the bubble canopy, it means its weapons bay is modified to carry the M61 in a semi-recessed pod. :clapping:

seriously? Is there such an animal in the downloads section? Maybe I'll just make that quick ini edit I was avoiding for reality's sake...

still, I like the gunslinger feeling of raw distructive power I get when I pull the trigger and those 4 20 mils start blazing away.

Pasko's F-106 should have the gun available in the loadout menu from 1972.

I'll try that out. I usually only fly planes in the first couple of years they're avaliable, so i wouldn't have noticed.

It isn't a er "True" member of the Century series.

Hey! What are you talking about?? :tongue: It starts 'F-', it has three digits beginning with a 1, helped reshaped the concept of "low level penetration strike" at a time when fighters weren't designed to hunt for attackers in the weeds. Carried tonnes of ordinance and could drop them all on your doorstep... That's like saying the F-117 isn't part of the century series... just because someone never corrected the typo fo 'F' instead of 'B'. :no:

I'd go for the F-106 if only because it was a mean piece of kit in it's day, and because the Delta Dart is a distant cousin... :yes:

F-104 for me.

Quick, nimble (well, @ speed) and will do two rolls per second (not without bending the airframe, though).

The 104G had a TFR and was one heck of a fighter-bomber. It only lacked payload.

For Zipper-stories (including those few 104Cs at Da Nang), go here:

http://www.916-starfighter.de/tallyho.htm

F-117 was disinformation. :grin:

I'll reiterate the F-108 as the best. It WOULD have been the best had they built it. :wink:

It isn't a er "True" member of the Century series.

Yeah I actually don't know what goes into Century series, when I heard 50's design my first thought was Crusader, but since it's not on the list I went with the Thud, huge, robust, fast and ugly in the best possible way :good:

Well this was a surprise. Looks like the Bomber won this poll :biggrin:

post-28461-1202621632_thumb.jpg

Did not know her. It's very 60 sci-fi-ish :yes:

Well, in the century... I do like the deltas, let's say the 106.

Come on now Mud movers love the THUD. With some "cool" avionics she could and did "Bring it"! :ok::biggrin:

Come on now Mud movers love the THUD. With some "cool" avionics she could and did "Bring it"! :ok::biggrin:

Had the pleasure of having a Thud smoke the airdrome prior to a static display when I was in pilot trainng at Columbus AFB, MS. There is nothing like that big beast coming down the ramp with the burner rolling thunder up behind it and moaning deep and rich like a real happy woman. Big, fast, and smokin'. Only one thing is better than that.................. and it is not another century series jet.

Had the pleasure of having a Thud smoke the airdrome prior to a static display when I was in pilot trainng at Columbus AFB, MS. There is nothing like that big beast coming down the ramp with the burner rolling thunder up behind it and moaning deep and rich like a real happy woman. Big, fast, and smokin'. Only one thing is better than that.................. and it is not another century series jet.

A U-2C?

I'm surprised that the Voodoo is doo - ing so well (3rd place). It's much more useless than the F-100. I agree with the Thud and the Zip being 1 and 2 though.

Easy vote for me...Thud!

Woohoo! Someone else voted for the Delta Deuce!

Woohoo! Someone else voted for the Delta Deuce!

You can't predict pity!

in my point of view the hud seris were the most usefull especially in SEA