PIGHUNTA69

Whats Your Favorite Airplane Movie

Hells Angels

The Dambusters

Battle of Britain

Tora! Tora! Tora!

Final Countdown

Top Gun / Hot Shots

Iron Eagle II (no annoying kid & Phantoms as MIGs = perfect!)

Flight of the Intruder

Loved Iron Eagle 2 when I was a kid - Makes me cringe now

It taught me how good russian pilots actually were. If you remember the great Doug Masters who single handedly wiped out the entire Iraqi (or whatever) Air Force in their advanced Kfirs (captured from Israel) as a 16 year old - yet after a few years of proper training was shot down in a few minutes by some russian in an F-4E - they must be some pilots!

I cant remember the name of the movie, but it is with Tommy Lee Jones and lot of Apache Gunships that's a very good movie

firebirds.

anybody remember 633 squadron about mosquitoes bombing a mountain base.

Yeah, that movie (633) was awesome ! :yes:

Strategic Air Command - I've always been a huge Jimmy Stewart fan and June Allyson was a cutie. I now live in Omaha so it's very real.

Spirit of St. Louis - Not a big fan of Lindbergh but (again) Jimmy does the pilot very well. Interesting point about this movie is that Stewart is YEARS older than Lindbergh was when the event actually took place.

Flight of the Phoenix (original)

Did anyone mention Memphis Belle?

Top Gun

Flyboys ( this one is really good )

Cavaleiros do Ar ( I don't know the US tittle... ^^ )

Flyboys? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I forgot one, which is a rather recent film.

Dark Blue World, a film about Czech pilots that flew with the RAF during WWII. Not exactly an action film, but it has some decent Spitfire action. :biggrin:

Edited by Gocad

Hot Shots. :biggrin: Gotta love the Top Gun parody.

I think the best part of that movie was the river boat trip. Or was that HS pt 2? Anyway, he's looking over things as the boat goes along the river, and then there's another boat coming the opposite direction with Martin Sheen in it saying "I can't believe they wanted me to kill this guy..."

As they pass each other, they see each other, stand up and shout at the same time "I loved you in Wall Street!" :biggrin:

I think the best part of that movie was the river boat trip. Or was that HS pt 2? Anyway, he's looking over things as the boat goes along the river, and then there's another boat coming the opposite direction with Martin Sheen in it saying "I can't believe they wanted me to kill this guy..."

As they pass each other, they see each other, stand up and shout at the same time "I loved you in Wall Street!" :biggrin:

Yeah thats from part 2 the Rambo take off - uses a chicken in a cross bow - and gets highest body count for a movie from what i remember!

Cant believe sly Stalone is making another Rambo - give it rest man - loved the first one - thought the 2nd two were sh**e

Anyway - what about Air Force One - F-15s Vs Mig 29s and the evil Gary Oldman!

Hot Shots. :biggrin: Gotta love the Top Gun parody.

that was one of the funniest movies... indeed a good choice :)

part 2 was a parody of "Rambo" :clapping:

Yeah thats from part 2 the Rambo take off - uses a chicken in a cross bow - and gets highest body count for a movie from what i remember!

Cant believe sly Stalone is making another Rambo - give it rest man - loved the first one - thought the 2nd two were sh**e

Anyway - what about Air Force One - F-15s Vs Mig 29s and the evil Gary Oldman!

Yeah, we all know an F-15 could get itself between a 747 and a MiG-29!

Yeah, we all know an F-15 could get itself between a 747 and a MiG-29!

U gotta love Hollywood - with my normal sense of non existant Situational Awareness AF1 would be so dead - especially after making the fatal mistake of getting my flight into a close range dogfight :clapping:

More like individual scenes:

Hornet and SAM scenes from "Behing Enemy Lines" with Hackman and Wilson

Bf-109G10 (?) vs Mustang in "Hart's War"

beautiful poetic scene involving bike and empty cannon shell in "Dark Blue World"

Yeah, Dark Blue World was a good fly flick, with a great(if tragic) ending.

Don't care what anyone says Topgun is Cat's ass! I hate Tom Cruise but Val Kilmer is the best! Iceman forever!

The Right Stuff was great...ya got a stick of Beeman's?

Apollo 13

Iron Eagle...that was crap.

What they really need is a good movie about Thud's in Vietnam.

Haven't seen Tora, Tora, Tora for years.