Sign in to follow this  
column5

Wings Over Israel [Official Thread]

Be careful though, as if you go into the in-game interface, and change anything, it will flush the engine off ability.

I've got the full set of the TW jet series now and really love the look and feel of WOI.

However, looking at the individual WOI aircraft folders there appears to be little or no scope for modding other than decals. So where are the data files and how do we get at them?

Roger that.

We now return you to your scheduled broadcast...

Thanks Gr.Viper.

EagleF1introuble.jpg

"Honey, I might be home late tonight."

Anyone knows a fix for A-4 Gunpod? When installed on central pylon the barrels of the gun stick through front gear leg.

post-21726-1205686781_thumb.jpg

It either shouldn't go there at all or should be shifted backwards. :dntknw:

I thought so... but it was available in loadout screen. :biggrin:

I've been flying a few Single Missions so far... and yeah, its a different feel. Even the Kfir felt different as it's more analog, while the addon Sufa is a dream to fly. However the recce mission I posted the screenshot from... yeah it's much more than WoE, as I felt a dribble of sweat as I was hightailing it out of there after completing the objective...

Anyone else run into this problem with carrier operations:

Aircraft launches down catapult, gets off of end of ship, and then is not in control at all: it stays at the same altitude as the catapult, and rotates slowly left for a random amount of time, before either regaining control at a bad angle, just above the water, or eventually crashing.

AI aircraft do not have this problem.

Ok, anyone noticed a little great change in single missions:

I started automatic single mission -strike in Netz. When I took off tracers started to fly outsided of my canopy, and my Wingie shouted "Bandits!Bandits!"

MiG-19 already on my tail, 1 mile from my home plate!

The MiGs now can be intercepting your flight right above your base at start in single missions! It's just so sweet!

Ok, not so great when you have a target assigned and take off loaded full of bombs :rolleyes:

The MiGs now can be intercepting your flight right above your base at start in single missions! It's just so sweet!

I'm not sure if that's really new. I have been bounced by Flankers immediately after taking of from my carrier in WOV.

(Although that might have been a campaign mission)

Anyway, I think the important factor would be how close your base is to the front line.

My two cents. I bought WOI, WOE, SFP1, and I am an avid player. For the same reasons I have to be true with my feelings over WOI. W all know and daily praise the merits of this series. the point is, is this now really really better?

So far I am skeptical with WOI;

For starters, I answered myself to a question I posted on this very same thread about AI flights using guided weapons. For some reason this feature is not very appealing or intersting to this community. Without AI flight delivering weapons to their main targets (LGB. EOGB, EOGR, etcetc) we can't have any campaing setup in guided AG weapons era, i.e. after 1990. TK knows this problem and ignored it once again in WOI. I have an hardtime understanding why the community is not interested in this feature. Donn't you want F-22 delivering Jdams and SDBs? B-52 firing volley of AGM-142, or AGM 86? F-15E delivering Jsows? Gripen delivering LGBs? EF-2000 delivering brimstones? ETC ETC..

Full of hope I ran this test: I extracted loadout ini from F-16 and F-4e and changed the convenient mk-82 with AGM-65, then launched 1982 campaign and run a few missions in F-15A watchin the Strike flights on their way to targets. No guided weapon released or launched. I think the test has been run properly, and I'd really love, seriously ,evidences contrary to results I obtained. It would open a real future to the sim, mods wise.

In the meanwhile I was trying to engage BVR. The new AI is so good at beaming that obtaining and mantaing a lock for a AIM-7 to reach its target is impossible. May I am doing somethign wrong, but I feel this is unrealistic.

On the other hand, the abov mentioned ground attack flight, after overflying their objective waypoints (where they DID NOT release thei guided weapons), jettisoned ordnance and actively engaged with AAm enemy planes; abd this is awesome, toghter withaa few calls like "three bingo fuel", which makes me think of a better fuel modelling.

Plus the one ton of modification under the hood in campaing engine, like the targetzone, which is great for campaign design.

GRaphic is heavier, and apparently the system does not manage internally AA and AnisoF; I had to turn them on from graphic card control panel, I don't know wheter this is good or bad.

BAses populated are fun, but terrain does not seem to me such an improvement.

I don't know, good and bad points; For sure I will be very careful in patching my modded precious installs of the games. For WOV, it might even not be worth at all. For SFP1 the hope of guided-weapons era campaigns is gone, again same as WOE.

WE will see.

I am not bashing TK and 3rdwire, just saying.

I have an hardtime understanding why the community is not interested in this feature. Donn't you want F-22 delivering Jdams and SDBs? B-52 firing volley of AGM-142, or AGM 86? F-15E delivering Jsows? Gripen delivering LGBs? EF-2000 delivering brimstones? ETC ETC..

Modern weapons are, that is at least my opinion, boring. You select a target, than a weapon and press fire. It takes no skill at all.

Be honest, one aspect that really separates SFP/WOV/WOE/WOI from every other combat sim is that it covers a timeframe (1960s-1970s) that has been mostly ignored by other combat sims. Every other combat sim is either centered around WWII (might as well include WWI and Korean War sims here also) or a fictional contemporary scenario, which feature the latest weapons and aircraft.

TK's sims deviate from this and that's why I like them. Not to mention that those other scenarios I mentioned above have been done to death anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the efforts of all the talented modders out there that strive to incorporate the latest aircraft and weapons into TK's sims, but I do not share your opinion that the lack of proper (A.I.) support for modern weapons is a major flaw of these sims.

Edited by Gocad

My first encounter with a mig-21 pair was, they passed me. I pulled up they tried a split s and both crashed .... nice WOI!

Modern weapons are, that is at least my opinion, boring. You select a target, than a weapon and press fire. It takes no skill at all.

Be honest, one aspect that really separates SFP/WOV/WOE/WOI from every other combat sim is that it covers a timeframe (1960s-1970s) that has been mostly ignored by other combat sims. Every other combat sim is either centered around WWII (might as well include WWI and Korean War sims here also) or a fictional contemporary scenario, which feature the latest weapons and aircraft.

TK's sims deviate from this and that's why I like them. Not to mention that those other scenarios I mentioned above have been done to death anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the efforts of all the talented modders out there that strive to incorporate the latest aircraft and weapons into TK's sims, but I do not share your opinion that the lack of proper (A.I.) support for modern weapons is a major flaw of these sims.

I quote your post in it entirety. It is a matter of taste, I guess, Personally I like all the scenarios you mentioned, plus the future wars. Different intricacies and talents needed in diffrent eras of air-warfare.

Fun is SFP1 series is moving from one era to another with a simple click.

And all the work of the modders seems to me somewhat wasted when you can't employ planes such as the f-22 and the likes in a campaign. That is why I don't understanfd why TK does not give credit do this modders and their creations. Which he actually did, to a certain extent, so why don't go the final few yards and allow AI-deploy of guided-weapons?

I was n the brink of releasing a massive air-sea campaign which makes no sense without bombers being able to launch their missiles

I quote your post in it entirety. It is a matter of taste, I guess, Personally I like all the scenarios you mentioned, plus the future wars. Different intricacies and talents needed in diffrent eras of air-warfare.

Fun is SFP1 series is moving from one era to another with a simple click.

And all the work of the modders seems to me somewhat wasted when you can't employ planes such as the f-22 and the likes in a campaign. That is why I don't understanfd why TK does not give credit do this modders and their creations. Which he actually did, to a certain extent, so why don't go the final few yards and allow AI-deploy of guided-weapons?

I was n the brink of releasing a massive air-sea campaign which makes no sense without bombers being able to launch their missiles

That is why I don't understanfd why TK does not give credit do this modders and their creations. Which he actually did, to a certain extent, so why don't go the final few yards and allow AI-deploy of guided-weapons?

I hope you don't mind that I quote only the part I consider to be most important here.

It's true that TK has incorporated some features that are actually not used by the stock sims (Stealth, Thrust vectoring, etc.), but something tells me that it might not be as easy to incorporate everything you would like to see in-game.

I do understand that you might be disapponited that TK hasn't done anything about it, but I do think that he has his reasons for not doing it.

Don't get me wrong, I would really like to see some decent anti-ship operations, complete carrier groups with work air defenses, etc. but apparently it's not a high priority for him and considering that TK works on these sims basically alone I can understand that he can't fulfill everyone's desires regarding game features.

And all the work of the modders seems to me somewhat wasted when you can't employ planes such as the f-22 and the likes in a campaign.

Its not TKs job to add features to the game just because somebody went way out of the game's era and made an F-22. This game has always been about jets of the 1960s and, since WOE anyway, they 1970s. Modders are free to make any plane they want but TK is not in any way obligated to support it.

Its not TKs job to add features to the game just because somebody went way out of the game's era and made an F-22. This game has always been about jets of the 1960s and, since WOE anyway, they 1970s. Modders are free to make any plane they want but TK is not in any way obligated to support it.

I know column, and again I agree. I guess you can see my point as well, though. Perhaps what I figure as "extra few yard" is actualyl very difficult programming-wise, still I d like to use those modern birds in campaigns with the proper smart weapons.

I know column, and again I agree. I guess you can see my point as well, though. Perhaps what I figure as "extra few yard" is actualyl very difficult programming-wise, still I d like to use those modern birds in campaigns with the proper smart weapons.

I guess thats the dilemma of people trying to use modern aircraft in a 60s/70s sim. What do you expect?

I guess thats the dilemma of people trying to use modern aircraft in a 60s/70s sim. What do you expect?

yes but beside the 3rd party smart weapons, there is the fact that tk himself incorporated his own smart bombs ( walleye are stock in wov and woe as far as i know) so i guess something is broken

ps: to canadair the ai use the maverick, so it's ok with missiles but not with bomb

yes but beside the 3rd party smart weapons, there is the fact that tk himself incorporated his own smart bombs ( walleye are stock in wov and woe as far as i know) so i guess something is broken

ps: to canadair the ai use the maverick, so it's ok with missiles but not with bomb

This is a good new. Excellent. Do you have evidences of mavericks 's use NOT in CAS missions?

This is a good new. Excellent. Do you have evidences of mavericks 's use NOT in CAS missions?

True but LGBs are programmed differently from Mavericks because they require designation, and when no laser designator is carried, the game assumes that only the primary target is designated. Since AI never attack the primary target by design...you can see the problem...no targets that they can attack are designated. Theoretically your wingman should be able to attack the primary with an LGB since you can select the target and issue the "Attack my target" command.