Sign in to follow this  
vulkan

What Cold War dont have Intercontinental missiles ?!

What Cold War dont have Intercontinental missiles ?!!

Now we have in the game a nice Scud-B Launcher, and submarines,but I need a really working ICBMs like Minetuman,

SS family, UK and Frech missiles, and Chinese surface to surface missiles, and Bunkers-silos......post-12663-1204582468_thumb.jpg

vulkan

Now that would rock. Good luck with it!

Vulkan,

Get right on that will ya?

:smile:

FastCargo

I'm tempted to say that no Cold War would be complete without cows, but CA_Stary apparently has already read my mind. :wink:

Also, what use would working ICBMs (in-game) have anyway? :rolleyes:

Edited by Gocad

Vulkan,

Get right on that will ya?

FastCargo

If I ever will study how to use 3D max, and If I ever will study well English ,not only language, THINKING LIKE ENGLISH

And if I have more spare time , THEN I WILL CREATE COOL NEW OBJECTS.

Maybe it will be long-long time. I allways postpone put study off until next winter. Intrested in 3D animation,

but seems to be an ANOTHER JOB.

When you waiting me , maximum I let share my thoughts, ideas here

vulkan

I'm tempted to say that no Cold War would be complete without cows, but CA_Stary apparently has already read my mind. :wink:

Also, what use would working ICBMs (in-game) have anyway? :rolleyes:

Cows ? It's a Yoke ? Humour?

Okay(but it's a What if category... ) a chiken hunt with AH-1W ? :rofl::haha:

Really ICBM-silos basically like target for me, I find some diferent Google pictures and a one silo seems to be similar like a amobunker in this game

Secondly: Airforce testing a new ICBM or BM killer A2A missile for modern jets , did you heard about ? It is similar to AMRAM or PAC-3, but with some sidewinder parts.....

vulkan

There are SS-4s is Cuba....sorry, no pic

CS-601 Silkworms in Iraq...

silkworms.jpg

I have it on pretty good authority some kind of IRBM will be showing in the KTO. (albeit, unfortunately, not launchable)

I'd actually like to see the Maz/SCUD combo with the missile up for launching...be a much nicer target than just the trailer.

It could probably be farily easy to do...mind you, I talking through my hat...something along the lines of what Moonjumper did to get the Kytusha's working, and the above Silkworms. (yes, they DO work!)

Wrench

kevin stein

There are SS-4s is Cuba....sorry, no pic

Fine ! I starting be happy ! :yes:

And Have you ever read some my old replay or topic ( I forgoten) maybe 1 year ago from Al_Hussein Scud mod ?

There I describe to change the original ScudB name, and nation ( ini editing)

NOW finally have a new target to DS /desert terrain ,and I use it Desert Storm campagin

[GroundObjectData]

ObjectName=Al Hussein

ObjectFullName=Al Hussein Launcher

ObjectDataFile=Al Hussein_data.ini

[TextureSet001]

Directory=Tan

Name=Green

Nation=Iraq

Specular=0.300000

Glossiness=0.850000

Reflection=0.000000

[MissionData]

NationName=Iraq

ServiceStartYear=1985

ServiceEndYear=1993

GroundObjectRole=ARTILLERY

Availability=VERY_RARE

Exported=FALSE

ExportStartYear=

ExportAvailability=VERY_RARE

vulkan

Hi there , after reading this post i had an idea to throw a few things together . Think i may work a bit more with this idea :wink:

SiloComplex.jpg

BigAl, those polygon faces. Anybody think of making very large 3D towering cumulus clouds? Skinned white, they would work with the game sun lighting. Attached to an invisible surface unit, they could be given 2 waypoints matching wind velocity.

Cows ? It's a Yoke ? Humour?

Sort of.

ICBM silos as a target is one thing (and probably no big deal to make), but asking for working ICBMs (in a tone that sounds like 'right now!'), well, I don't know about that. :rolleyes:

Not to mention that I doubt that the game is capable of anti-missile operations.

BigAl, those polygon faces. Anybody think of making very large 3D towering cumulus clouds? Skinned white, they would work with the game sun lighting. Attached to an invisible surface unit, they could be given 2 waypoints matching wind velocity.

Impractical and a major FPS killer to. Add those, a few aircraft with some ground objects, then a terrain. You would get about 3 FPS average. I maan its nice to have an immerisive environment. But in a dogfight does it really matter that if you have a towering cumulus clouds too look at? To me, no. And active ground environment is much more desired IMHO. In fact if I want nice clouds, I fire up FSX.

Having said that, some S2S missile would be great but ICBM's not so much. I mean a Minuteman III with 3 1.7 MT Mirvs, would pretty much render the sim...well nuked. All the US ICBM's are in the heartland of the USA. Now MGM-31 Pershing's and or GLCM system would be perfect for this. Even this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MGM-134_Midgetman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLCM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pershing_II

Would make for some oustanding ground objects for the series.

USAFMTL::

Impractical and a major FPS killer to. Add those, a few aircraft with some ground objects, then a terrain. You would get about 3 FPS average. I maan its nice to have an immerisive environment. But in a dogfight does it really matter that if you have a towering cumulus clouds too look at? To me, no. And active ground environment is much more desired IMHO. In fact if I want nice clouds, I fire up FSX.

We can take an example now: How many polygons in one aircraft? 3D cumulus clouds might be able to have various LOD levels.

For short range visual "dogfight" you only need one (1) low polygon airplane to fly against. For navigation, long range strike/intercept, etc.., we begin to see a need for more immersive environment.

---

The visual effect of Re-entering ICBM payloads would be nice additions to deep strike missions. There will be no launch: only re-entry, and if possible it could be used in hand made missions, although not in the closed dynamic campaign engine.

What if someone hangs an invisible "sattelite" high at the centre of the map, gives it extremely long range of sight and arms with slow-flying unguided SAM missiles with really mighty explosive charge? High rate of fire, not so much ammo. They have to be slow or just inaccurate enough to be avoided with ease. Mission starts - swarms of "ICBM" head towards airbases... Imagine landing :biggrin: That is if missing SAM can actually damage ground objects.

I mean, you want to see ICBM where your plane is - why not aim it at the plane? :dntknw:

why not have it attack the base at a very high altitude. It hits your base as part of an intercept mission and gives you enough time to escape.

We can take an example now: How many polygons in one aircraft? 3D cumulus clouds might be able to have various LOD levels.

For short range visual "dogfight" you only need one (1) low polygon airplane to fly against. For navigation, long range strike/intercept, etc.., we begin to see a need for more immersive environment.

Might work in theory, but totally impractical. And alot of work for a few seconds of "Oh, ah.....now where did that Mig go?" Not enough in the end to make it worth the time an effort.

What if someone hangs an invisible "sattelite" high at the centre of the map, gives it extremely long range of sight and arms with slow-flying unguided SAM missiles with really mighty explosive charge? High rate of fire, not so much ammo. They have to be slow or just inaccurate enough to be avoided with ease. Mission starts - swarms of "ICBM" head towards airbases... Imagine landing :biggrin: That is if missing SAM can actually damage ground objects.

I mean, you want to see ICBM where your plane is - why not aim it at the plane? :dntknw:

I had similar idea about creating artillery -invisible wingman (please don't laugh!) armed with specific "cluster" rockets or bombs (like wingwiner's THC one :good:, but stronger, with more bomblets)

that would create possibility to "call airstrike"* on your target by this invisible wingman, and given that wingman response ain't immediate and 100% accurate, this "could" work -Novalogic Commanche series, anyone?

But it's just my loose thinking,

(*and the show stopper is that we can't order commands to specific flight member, can we?)

• Dislike 1

I had similar idea about creating artillery -invisible wingman (please don't laugh!) armed with specific "cluster" rockets or bombs (like wingwiner's THC one :good:, but stronger, with more bomblets)

that would create possibility to "call airstrike"* on your target by this invisible wingman, and given that wingman response ain't immediate and 100% accurate, this "could" work -Novalogic Commanche series, anyone?

But it's just my loose thinking,

(*and the show stopper is that we can't order commands to specific flight member, can we?)

That's something that was used in CFS2, a looooooooong time ago! Someone added invisible planes that crashed on the ground, exploding like artillery shells!

That's something that was used in CFS2, a looooooooong time ago! Someone added invisible planes that crashed on the ground, exploding like artillery shells!

I'm not thinking about kamikaze/V-1 type planes, rather radio-called attacks conducted by that poor invisible wingman

Stary I got the NINE PINES. :ok:

Might work in theory, but totally impractical. And alot of work for a few seconds of "Oh, ah.....now where did that Mig go?" Not enough in the end to make it worth the time an effort.

The time and effort would be an issue. Somebody out there might be interested though. 3D cumulus clouds may be rather simple, but if somebody got into it, they could take it who knows to what level.

The 3D clouds can be made visible for a hundred miles or so, and provide a moving backdrop to long range flying, which is often more than a few seconds of flight. Forget about The Dogfight. Just let let it go here.

As for close in shooting, there are a number of WW2 stories told about spotting a distant aircraft against the far more distant large cumulus clouds. The result was usually a successful bounce close up from behind (no dogfight), because the cloud enabled the application of first spotting. The reason behind this is that under most lighting conditions, a distant white cumulus cloud offers more contrast with a small aircraft than the blue sky. This may or may not be possible to achieve this in the sim, but it does show the primary effect that clouds have on air warfare.

But you are right...for a good old fashioned dancing dogfight, this isn't that important.

Now, I'm talking very large clouds -- a few kilometers, topping out at 20k feet -- widely scattered across the map, say a few hundred polygons each or whatever is possible, and mainly for "background" but also useful for quick visual orientation to direction if needed. The cloud models can be skinned -- just white mainly I suppose. The polygons should provide excellent shading in the SF sunlight and moonlight, just like the multi-polygon radar domes. When you take off, you are in the clear. When you land, there's a huge cloud over the base. These could be setup as an abstract ground or ship unit with waypoints (wind).

sorry but does ICBM mean inter-continental? Aren't Thirdwire maps too small (basically only one continent)? But still a great idea - I'd download it! Oh, and in CFS2 the artillery was invisible (but tracked like enemy plane) but it was such a great idea, and I'm sure it could be replicated in TW (with enough effort)

What Cold War dont have Intercontinental missiles ?!!

Now we have in the game a nice Scud-B Launcher, and submarines,but I need a really working ICBMs like Minetuman,

SS family, UK and Frech missiles, and Chinese surface to surface missiles, and Bunkers-silos......post-12663-1204582468_thumb.jpg

vulkan

ICBM'S ??????? hmmmm 1.Start game 2 Push Button 3. Mission Success.... :rofl:

Edited by Veltro2k

sorry but does ICBM mean inter-continental? Aren't Thirdwire maps too small (basically only one continent)? But still a great idea - I'd download it! Oh, and in CFS2 the artillery was invisible (but tracked like enemy plane) but it was such a great idea, and I'm sure it could be replicated in TW (with enough effort)

You have true, maybe the gamemaps is too small for ICBM ballistic way, but when one of this enemy roket is begin sarted his own way this is wery bed news for the player. I think it would be scoreable or if your mission is destroy the rocets, and you not once miss target>>>"mission acomplished" or when you only destroy the silo or laucher, then you got small score

example: Scud B rocket sore=900 (if its moveable , can change own place )

Scud B Launher score=400

US silo score=850

Sov silo score=850

Chinese...................

Oterhand I not only was tell about ICBMs, I was tell about BMs (medium & short range)

vulkan

We already have working arty - gun tubes, and MRLS (ok, BM-14-16 Kytushas). IRBMs could be made using some of the edits MJ did for the kytusha. We'd just need a lod * for missle. However, there's no way to track or engage them

Wrench

kevin stein

* V2 lod from Edwards WW2 Euro map

You forgot sub-launched IRBMs, Kevin.