F-29A "????????"  

120 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want the name of the F-29A to be?

• Razor
    • Lynx
    • Panther II
    • Puma
    • Cobra II
    • Warhawk II
    • Kittyhawk II
    • Raven II

I'm not sure about Stiletto. After what the last aircraft to be named that was like.

haha, people, I have an idea:) (and I think it's great). F-29 will start it's service on this site, "Combat Ace". I think, it should be named with callsign "Combat Ace". Why? Every time, we decide to fly on this jet, the name will remind Usl, where F-29 is FROM:). What do You say?:) (please say-> :yes: hehe)

BTW: Is it possible to launch any of weapons that are in the "Flight Simulator 2004"? I ask because I was unable to fire any of these weapons in this sim :dntknw:

Edited by Hubertus

OK, how about Rapier......

Bullseye :yahoo: You are the Man :salute: I think that's (next to "Combat Ace" of course, hehehe :tongue: ) the best name for F-29. Just look at this: F-29A Rapier. It's really great. Respect :ok:

How about the F-29A Hubertus? :lol:

How about the F-29A Hubertus? :lol:

Why not :biggrin: hehe :yes:

- I am rather entertained by how this thread has been viewed over 1,300 times...way more interest in making up a name for an imaginary airplane than I ever thought...

- I am rather entertained by how this thread has been viewed over 1,300 times...way more interest in making up a name for an imaginary airplane than I ever thought...

Sport of the gods. :biggrin:

...way more interest in making up a name for an imaginary airplane than I ever thought...

Why not, it's the next hardest thing after building the sucka!

Ok, well at this stage I'm leaning toward Warhawk II, but what do people think of Rapier?

Sparko> It's just we have nothing better to do and positively love seriously arguing about something so trivial (especially since changing a name is one of the easiest change there is).

Dels>

Rapier has a Vought ring to it, somewhat not fitting as most Vought crafts were Navy crafts and the Rapier name might evoke the cursed Cutlass, another (Vought) plane named after a blade type.

- "Sparko> It's just we have nothing better to do and positively love seriously arguing about something so trivial (especially since changing a name is one of the easiest change there is)."

whoa...that is the most honest answer I have ever read...thanks!

I can live with rapier. We can always just leave it F-29A and not bother with a name, they didn't bother in ATF but I want to do better.

Of more importance is getting this terrain autotexturing to work properly with transition textures.

UHMMMM... ATF :notworthy: .. UHMMMM :biggrin: I remember when I played USNF, ATF.... Even today, I play in Jane's Fighters Anthology. It reminds me when I was 12 years old:) Great times.... :salute:

Let's leav.... wait a secoooonndd heheh, how about F-29A ATF? :biggrin: You know, like in example, F-16A ADF :good:

And if this doesn't fit, I propose to call it Cougar II. Cougar was also a plane from Grumman and it was a great aircraft:)

Edited by Hubertus

Since it has the same front as an F-5, why not Tigershark III? :grin:

Was there ever a Tigershark II (apart from, according to google, a pool cleaning robot) ?

Kitty/Warhawk II is a Curtiss-Wright product..not in the airframe business anymore these days. Doesnt sound cool or contemplary enough.

Cobra II doesnt work too. The F-17 Cobra I never entered AF service.

Cougar=Ex-Navy fighter (unlikely to be adopted as name for AF plane..Corsair II ring a bell ?)

Rapier=Lame...F-22 was named Rapier at one stage.

ATF=Like the feds ? :D..I dont see the 'A' in it compared with the YF-22 and 23 just around the corner.

Puma/Panther sound too much like armoured cars.

I think Lynx is best since it is a first for fighter and cat. The westland helicopter is a british product and doesnt count.

Did we suddenly run out of names of fierce birds of prey ? Buzzard, Caracara, Kestrel, Skua, Kite..Albatross..etc

I think Lynx is best since it is a first for fighter and cat. The westland helicopter is a british product and doesnt count.

What's wrong with British products?

Kestrel was a British aircraft, forerunner to the Harrier, so was the Skua and Albatross British.

How about Mustang? I know Mustang I, II, III already existed as British counterparts to the US version

Mustang II is going to be the F-31 unless someone can come up with a better name for her.

Mustang II is going to be the F-31 unless someone can come up with a better name for her.

I had originally gone with Peregrine for the F-31A I drew, but I changed my mind based on someone's suggestion and have decided to use "F-31A Sparrowhawk" with my drawing.

Kestrel was used by the XV-6A Kestrels used in the Tripartite squadron the US participated in.

Edited by Talos

Ok, so let's call the F-29A with "Mustang II" callsign:) It's also a light fighter. He's very agile, maneuverable and fast. Mustang II is - IMO - the best name for F-29A. But if that doesn't fit? Let's stay with "Razor" callsign. Razor is cool:D Especially that 32% of users voted for "Razor" name:)

Edited by Hubertus

The F-5A-D were the Tigershark. F-5E/F was the Tigershark II.

Wrong.

Why, because :

F-5A to D were Freedom Fighter.

F-5E/F were Tiger II.

F-20A was Tigershark, a name partly given due to the new shark nose, also fitted to late F-5Es, and upgraded ones.

Yet, if we accept your distopian naming scheme, that still would make the F-20A as Tigershark III, thus making F-29A the Tigershark IV (yeah, I know that IRL the X-29 flew before the F-20, but in a distopian situation, the reverse would probably have been true, manufacturing processes for building the F-20 being already in place while they would require extensive changes for the F-29 due to its wing). ;)

I could go for F-29 tiger III since its an evolution of the design. Or wy not use sparrowhawk or peregrine for the F-29? I decided on Mustang for the F-31 a while back, and unless someone else builds one, my fugly half built airframe that will eventually be an X-31 will be called 'Mustang II'

Why? it's even more agile than the X-29 with its thrust vectoring, and its blue and white paintscheme is reminiscent of many P-51 schemes and makes it feel more fitting.

I like the

New Crusader

:wink: