Sign in to follow this  
Bongodriver

pic of a British aircraft in development

Great black camo!!!

i'm just wondering how it should look with a Russian camo :blink:

One thing I have noticed as each skin sundowner produces, there is no paint scheme that this aircraft doesn't suit.

Israeli skin...... ?????????? :fans:

Aju,

Derk

Israeli skin...... ?????????? :fans:

Derk

Alright Guys who had 6 days in the sweepstake to see how long it would be before someone requested an Israeli skin? Lol

Lazboy

^^^^^^I think its going to turn into something like the two weeks thing. ^^^^

Well these things start out at the 2 weeks mark, and this one isn't out of it yet.

Guest pfunkmusik

That's just amazing...

pfunk

That TSR2's got more variety in it's wardrobe than I have :biggrin:

Love the RAF camo job Sundowner...wonder if they'd have been around long enough for lo-viz grey (or desert pink...mmmm...desert pink).

Went to Duxford today, saw XR222 again when I was there. She is a real beauty to behold up close. Looking forward to your rendition Craig.

Love the RAF camo job Sundowner...wonder if they'd have been around long enough for lo-viz grey (or desert pink...mmmm...desert pink).

HE! HE! HE! in a knowing sort of way :grin:

You really have to add the ifr probe, which should be a rather noticeable bulge beneath the cockpit on the left side.

You really have to add the ifr probe, which should be a rather noticeable bulge beneath the cockpit on the left side.

Noooooooooooooooooooo! This aeroplane deserves better!

Funny, none of my reference photos show a 'bulge' on the left side, but there is a venturi probe on XR219, but no other prototype had this probe, I believe it was just placed for the first series of testing, any additional probes and bumps are being added as the model progesses, all these screens show an aircraft still very much WIP.

Funny, none of my reference photos show a 'bulge' on the left side, but there is a venturi probe on XR219, but no other prototype had this probe, I believe it was just placed for the first series of testing, any additional probes and bumps are being added as the model progesses, all these screens show an aircraft still very much WIP.

It was intended that production versions be fitted with an inflight refuelling probe to compensate for the somewhat limited internal fuel capacity of the TSR-2 although I don't believe that any of the prototypes that were actually build and flew where equipped with, which probably explains the lack of any photos showing it deployed. The attached cutaway shows its approximate intended position.

post-27199-1211120437_thumb.jpg

Ah! of course the IFR in flight refuelling probe, DOH!, yes as I said this beastie is still WIP, all the goodies are yet to come.

Ooo, evocative, apt word for a cool shot...

:good:

it's making steady progress, but nothing worthy of screenshots yet.

Take your time Craig, I enjoy the anticipation.

Question: Has any aircraft-modder ever released the full finished article without posting pics or even a hint that it was ever in development? Like, wow, suddenly a great plane shows up as if from no-where.

On a slightly more serious note though, I think everyone should really stop asking about updates...yeah I know we're all eager etc but really if it were me modding one I'd get pretty peeved, quickly. Then I'd make a Valkyrie look as menacing as Mary Poppins.

Leave it up to the discretion of the guys doing the modding.

I kind of imagine being it like this with some of you guys:

Honey, what are we having for dinner?

Ten minutes later...

Have you peeled the spuds yet? Come on, get mud-moving I'm starving.

Two minutes later...

Is the oven on?

You have got it at the right temperature, right ? Is the fan on? I knew we should have gone with an oven with a four-bladed fan.

Later...

How are those carrots coming along? gee I like that orange colourscheme.

Any chance of an Israeli carrot skin?

That chicken looks good. Make sure you leave the wings on...

Hey, Fred next-door's having Chicken too. Fancy that, no chickens then two show up.

Any chance of getting the digicam out and showing me some pics while it's in the oven ?

You get the message :biggrin:

Hmm... it can be be highly irritating... my standard answer when somebody keeps pestering me as to whats cooking while Im at the stove is- fried farts and onions or big balls and brinjals(egg-plant)

My girl says its mean especially with the aromas that emanate from the kitchen but I tell myself Im keeping her weight in check.

So much for what we make ourselves believe.

:off_topic: