Sign in to follow this  
tacoscent

Craziest thing you guys have done.

I decided to mess with the engines and max mach and speed and everything of the plane to makea real beast, but I got a little carried away. Initial maximum thrust I made 70000, then afterburner 120000. Pretty fast but not as fast as I needed. So I kept cranking it up, and finally had it at 9 million pounds of thrust normal, 1 billion pounds of thrust 12 stage afterburner. I tell you, take off the air brakes on the airstrip, and on 0 % throttle it will take you to almost 1300 kmh (i use metric because knots are retarded). What happens when the after burner is engaged on full you may ask... Well.... Imagine acceleration to 140000+ kmh in about 0.05 seconds!

That was nuts but i wanted to see how fast it could go, so i cranked up the after burners up to 5 billion. It went 360000+ kmh in less time, and got to the map borders in like a second. So i turn her around and go for it again, and BOOM, it crashes. LOL

So whats the craziest thing you guys did, fastest speed... anything at all. Whats the nuttiest thing you did.

Well, uh, some of the guys touched Mach 2.5 with MiG-25Rs. No tweaks and whatsoever.

It was fun...until boogies showed up. Or the plane turned into fireballs (happened to someone here).

Edited by kct

When I first got SFG back in January I was fascinated by the speed/climb/altitude records set by the early F-4's and especially Project High Jump and Project Top Flight and tried to replicate them using the same engine thrust and also the techniques used in those missions. Good fun and quite absorbing.

TopFlight02.jpg

I did try to see what thrust a Thud would need to beat those records and seen to remember that it was getting on for 40,000lbs providing it didn't turn into a fireball, which it usually did.

Once I did create a "special" F-104 which could go up to 2 million feet or so....and then I bailed out. :biggrin:

You heard me.

Why?

I weigh 170 pounds that's 90 kilograms see metrics can even make you thin. All cool things are in metrics for example here's just one I've got my 9 well that's 9 millimeters, sounds cooler than my point two seventy inches gun.

Quite obvious, isn't it? :rofl:

I've done some crazy maneuvers with zero tweaks, and tried to replicate some of the demo and record setting flights as described above.

and a side note... nothing is cooler than having a .45 because it can take a tango down with 1 shot (and I'm not talking headshots).

Dogfighting a MiG-17 almost blacked out the entire time. Had a MiG-21 on my tail too!

EDIT: And the pulling a high alpha in my F-5A to get that MiG-21 off my tail. (Thought I was pulling a Cobra for a second)

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

getting married......... :fool::bad:

X2.......

Allowing myself to be talked into becoming a CA Moderator???? :haha:

Actually, that's one job I'm glad I 'volenteered' for!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

The craziest?

Probaly repeatedly flying Thuds to Pack 6 while knowing that my odds for survival were slim to none in the long run.

Better yet, flying an F-100 up there! Nothing says C-R-A-Z-Y like a Hun around Hanoi/Haiphong.

(i use metric because knots are retarded).

Don't know if the Imperial system (or whatever our US or UK friends are using for name) is retarded but indeed... I don't understand a thing about it!

:biggrin:

well i tried to jump over a friend´s Mini, like chuck norris. fortunately he was as drunk as i was and got off road before hitting me

or you meant in sims?

Edited by macelena

Don't know if the Imperial system (or whatever our US or UK friends are using for name) is retarded but indeed... I don't understand a thing about it!

:biggrin:

I've gone and gotten used to knots and feet in aviation, but everything else is mostly système International

MiG-21F orbit re-entry.

I used KMD to setup flyable Out-Of-Box Mirage Factory MiG-21F at about 200km altitude, 500knots "speed" to start (I assume ground speed). Airspeed indicator said zero. Auto-canopy opened -- canopy opening seems to depend on airspeed and there is none up there. I slowly started spinning round multiple axis, faster and faster, while losing altitude, airspeed going positive and negative, canopy opening and closing, red out black out red out, tumbling every way... Finally, descent began to slow, and about 2km altitude, I pulled out. TK has all the atmospheric physics there, but not the airframe stress.

At the start, you have to close throttle since the engine data given this aircraft makes it burn up if there is no air and you explode.

In the FlightEngine file, MaxHeight (in meters) must be set above the stock 35000 meter game height boundary.